Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:59 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
FWIW, MyStatus now shows "shipped" ... several days after my kit actually arrived.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by Terence.Hill
Yes, my MM companion did not anymore get the separate GS kit. Just one set of tags and beverage vouchers.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Yes, same for my 1K MM companion wife. My 1K kit arrived yesterday and surprised to find that Mrs IainC's card was included in my kit with only a single set of drink chits and the ever diminishing bag tags. In the past she had received her own kit. So UA has started the path to degrading the benefits of being a MM 1K companion. It's been a good perk but I guess a perk it is so can't really complain...
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Got mine on 1/31/16, re-qualified over Thanksgiving last year.

The MM companion credentials came with the package. A bit disappointing, but the expansion of 1K benefits on board (the drink and snack box) helps to offset some of that pain.

Not having extra beverage vouchers to give away is the real rub here.

Barratt
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by bmoy210
The MM companion credentials came with the package. A bit disappointing
Funny how some people think of this as disappointing, while some of us think this is a fantastic idea. Now if they would juse get rid of all the other wasteful paper in that envelope...
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Premier 1K, and living in the lovely Inland Empire...I just got my kit today, 2/8, even though I re-qualified for 1K on 12/6.

I guess it was being flown into ONT, but the SFO-ONT was cancelled so it had to wait quite some time for a seat to open up
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
My Premier kit finally arrived sometime last week. I picked it up from my PO Box on Saturday. Sure took long enough.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Your Premier Platinum membership materials are on the way. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.

So I'll get them in March... lame.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mduell
Your Premier Platinum membership materials are on the way. They should arrive in 4–6 weeks.

So I'll get them in March... lame.
So how do those of you who regularly gate their kits very, very late .. as I do e.g.?

I do not book *A flights for February and March ever since I lost my *G status with Lufthansa. Also in OneWorld, the other carriers can easily verify your alliance status and I never have to show my card. But on *A the systems are badly integrated.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:59 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by weero
So how do those of you who regularly gate their kits very, very late .. as I do e.g.?

I do not book *A flights for February and March ever since I lost my *G status with Lufthansa. Also in OneWorld, the other carriers can easily verify your alliance status and I never have to show my card. But on *A the systems are badly integrated.
A gate dragon at FRA made me look for my *G card a couple of years ago before she would let me in, as my reward BP did not show my MP#, hence my status.

AC is a little (lot) better, as they accept mobile member card. Don't recall why my BP didn't have status.

Best is TG, never, EVER had a problem there, not once did I have to produce anything but BP (with *G status). Yes, less hassle that UA

^ ^ to TG, they know how to value an elite flyer
Old Feb 9, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by EmailKid
..Best is TG, never, EVER had a problem there, not once did I have to produce anything but BP (with *G status). Yes, less hassle that UA

^ ^ to TG, they know how to value an elite flyer
Actually that is true. They are happy with a BP proper.

SQ - on the other hand - wants a swipe-able card to let you into their sub-par *G lounges. Not even the printed emergency card was good enough for them.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Finally, my 2016 1K card arrived yesterday. 2 luggage tags, 10 drink coupons, 1K calling instruction and 2016 benefits were included. Surprisingly, it also included a 1K card for wife who had been my 1MM companion until the end of 2015 - her account reflected the status change already.

My daughter is the new 1MM companion this year. Her 1K card arrived 2 weeks earlier. Nothing else inside the package except the card.

I used to receive 20 drink coupons and share 15 of them with my colleagues. For this year, I think I can share 5 with them only...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:06 pm

Received 1K kit on 8 Feb, re-qualified 9 Nov 15. 91 days or 1/4-year. AA PLT card received before 31 Dec every year.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Received 1K kit on 2-3, status at that time still said "pending". Status finally changed to "shipped, allow 4-6 weeks" on 2/5. Sheesh!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: 1.3mm
Plat card arrived 5.2.16; qualified Dec 31st

36-days doesn't seem to be excessive...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:10 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by United777Heavy
Plat card arrived 5.2.16; qualified Dec 31st
Hm, in that case it made to Canada faster than SFO - also (re)qualified Dec 31

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.