Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, ICH Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Fold, Marriott Gold
1K kit received

Received my card, tags and drink chits this week. Are the luggage handle covers still being sent out?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by windhund
I was in FRA last December, and I got into the lounge with my BP (I was connecting to an LH flight in Y though).
Never been through FRA, but have connected in MUC and didn't need my card there, and that was a couple of years ago. In fact, it's been a long time since I've needed my card to enter the lounge. Even at YYZ, where they used to always ask for it, they haven't in over a year. I guess YMMV.

Originally Posted by JoseVerde
I don't have my card yet. Probably will have to wait until 2017 since us useless silvers were deemed unworthy of $.15.
Well, to be fair, not sure if a silver card is actually needed...there's nothing you can't get without it. Gold, you may need it on very rare occasion to access a lounge. Plat/1K, you also get the drink chits in the pack. Silver, all the benefits are given, whether you have a card or not.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
2016 Materials not received, no "kit status"

When I look at the mystatus.united.com page, it doesn't show anything at all about the 2016 membership kit. When I checked my wife's status page, it does show a kit status (shipped, but we haven't received it yet). MP desk has taken care of us now.

And, I've had several lounges that require the card to be shown - occasionally in FRA LH lounges and always in AC Maple Leaf lounges. Will try the "digital" card next time and see if that's valid for these places.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:46 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
No kit for this MM Plat. The page still says "status pending"
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
In November f last year I changed MM companions. My old MM companion didn't earn any status last year . My new MM companion earned Platinum last year. Her kit arrived a week or so ago. Mine just showed up -- along with a 1K card in the same envelope for my old MM companion.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Finally got 1K packet yesterday here in Upcountry Maui. I guess only 10 drink coupons between me and SO is balanced by new 1st-drink-on-us policy. That's fine, when combined with food item. I say it's a net plus.

Status changed to "Shipped" (in my case. "Shipped" might have been literal) January 31st, so took about 2 weeks...

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 17, 2016 at 12:51 pm
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
No kit yet, though status has been "Shipped!" for a few weeks now...
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Still haven't received my 2016 Gold packet here, even after writing UA about it at the end of January. Mine also has said "Shipped" for weeks.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
We finally received ours: a nice touch was a card for our "sponsored" 1K person.

Drink chits have an expiry date: but I am still using old ones, and the free drink for 1Ks is a bonus.

I wish the ID tags weren't so tiny
Old Feb 17, 2016, 2:34 pm

Programs: 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I guess only 10 drink coupons between me and SO is balanced by new 1st-drink-on-us policy. That's fine, when combined with food item. I say it's a net plus.
I agree, since we never used our 20 drink chits anyway (not that we don't like a drink on the plane, we just invariably lost them!)

M y premier kit arrived today in Seattle, it's never been this late before.....
Old Feb 17, 2016, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
In November f last year I changed MM companions. My old MM companion didn't earn any status last year . My new MM companion earned Platinum last year. Her kit arrived a week or so ago. Mine just showed up -- along with a 1K card in the same envelope for my old MM companion.
Self-quted to add that the envelope for my current companion -- the one that came separately -- contained just a card and no luggage tags or drink voucher.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 2:39 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by 1P
No kit for this MM Plat. The page still says "status pending"
Page now says it has shipped and will arrive in 4-6 weeks. Tremendous news!
Old Feb 18, 2016, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you receieved yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

I finally received my 1K kit a few days ago. I requalified in November of last year. Nice to see it finally arrive.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Feb 17th, 1K MM kit arrived. And as others have noted, my wife's MM companion 1K card was in the same packet and no extra drink chits for her (actually me as she doesn't drink).

Oh yeah, in case you didn't read it before, qualified for 1K 12/22

Last edited by Baze; Feb 18, 2016 at 9:00 pm
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1.6MM
Another data point:

Qualified 1K: early December
Kit received: Feb 16th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.