Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2016 Premier Kits are Shipping-Have you received yours? post 1 Feb -- have you not?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Maybe that's what "overview of the partners" means. If they can convince the others to accept either a digital card or just a boarding pass or Mileage Plus number, that would solve that objection.
I wouldn't mind it if the technology works. It would be 1 less thing to carry/worry about. The real question is... is it going to work... reliably? I can see cases where agents refuse to honor free bags or lounge access cause the system doesn't show the proper status.

However, if it does work, then i'm up for getting rid of all the cards (except upon request or a major milestone like MM).
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by edcho
I wouldn't mind it if the technology works. It would be 1 less thing to carry/worry about. The real question is... is it going to work... reliably? I can see cases where agents refuse to honor free bags or lounge access cause the system doesn't show the proper status.

However, if it does work, then i'm up for getting rid of all the cards (except upon request or a major milestone like MM).
He said MMers would still get cards, but of course, I've heard other "beliefs" from the MPSC that turned out to be false.

By and large, I believe cards should be distributed to elites upon request. 90% of the receivers don't want a Silver card, but the 10% that do and need it during passenger IRROPS should be entitled to it.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
It's been a month since my card expired... still nothing for this Plat.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Received my MM Gold (and companion) card in SE Asia Feb 17.

Only the second piece of mail I've received in 8 years here. The other being last year's card.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
3MM 1K here: still nothing and 1K sig other has not received hers either.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 8:30 pm

Pending just turned to Shipped.

Progress.....
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:43 pm

Status showed shipped a week ago, got "kit" in the mail today (if you consider a folded piece of paper with a plastic card in it a "kit")
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz PC
GS kit showing shipped weeks ago and indicated as "should've already arrived".

Wrote to GS email a week ago but still no response.

What's new?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, US LT Silver, AA Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Gold
After 10+ years of loyalty to United I fell from Grace (Premier 1K) to lowly Silver so I'm in foreign territory. Do Silver Premier members get Premier kits? It's March and I've received NOTHING from United, which certainly isn't new. But, just curious as to whether I should expect a card, luggage tag or anything?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by romadaro
After 10+ years of loyalty to United I fell from Grace (Premier 1K) to lowly Silver so I'm in foreign territory. Do Silver Premier members get Premier kits? It's March and I've received NOTHING from United, which certainly isn't new. But, just curious as to whether I should expect a card, luggage tag or anything?
Yes to the luggage tag, no to the card unless UA believes you reside outside the USA. But apparently you can wangle a card by calling.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by romadaro
Not trying to be the guy that doesn't believe anyone's story, I'm just trying to help, but if you've spent over 10 years as a 1k that means roughly over 100,000 miles per year. Which should put you significantly over 1,000,000 miles, and that's assuming that you never flew United prior and got near 100,000 every year.

Now, of course you probably got some miles from partners which doesn't count towards lifetime, but if you are over 1 million miles, you (you probably know this) are eligible for lifetime million miler Gold status. If you haven't reached it, you are probably close.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 1:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Jumpseat Platinum
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis
Not trying to be the guy that doesn't believe anyone's story, I'm just trying to help, but if you've spent over 10 years as a 1k that means roughly over 100,000 miles per year. Which should put you significantly over 1,000,000 miles, and that's assuming that you never flew United prior and got near 100,000 every year.

Now, of course you probably got some miles from partners which doesn't count towards lifetime, but if you are over 1 million miles, you (you probably know this) are eligible for lifetime million miler Gold status. If you haven't reached it, you are probably close.
Hmm, I read that as "10 years of loyalty," with 1k as the most recent status, though not necessarily for all ten years.

You're probably still right though, he's gotta be close to lifetime Gold.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by fezzington
Hmm, I read that as "10 years of loyalty," with 1k as the most recent status, though not necessarily for all ten years.

You're probably still right though, he's gotta be close to lifetime Gold.
Yeah of course. The only reason I posted that is because I felt like he was discouraged and felt like his relationship was "United".

Once you hit 1MM, your locked into Star Gold/UA Gold for life (well, until they change the rules at least)
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Still nothing, despite calling UA on 02/01 and being told that a replacement would arrive within 4 weeks. This is a bit annoying.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 3MM, Lifetime 1K, Lifetime UC, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, CMEL pilot
Originally Posted by deek
3MM 1K here: still nothing and 1K sig other has not received hers either.
We both received ours on March 8th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.