Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
1A is my preference
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: Platinum SPG, Marriott Platinum, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum,
1A is the best seat, especially if you just need to run to catch a connecting flight and don't have to wait to pick up a gate-checked bag. Yet, I always go for 18 A, the single emergency row exit seat if I have a gate checked bag and a small carry-on and/or coat to store as it is never easy to do so with 1A. There is more leg room in the emergency row seat than in 1A and by the time I exit the plane, my gate checked bag is ready to pick up usually without having to wait.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 3:05 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Originally Posted by Concorde28
1A is the best seat, especially if you just need to run to catch a connecting flight and don't have to wait to pick up a gate-checked bag. Yet, I always go for 18 A, the single emergency row exit seat if I have a gate checked bag and a small carry-on and/or coat to store as it is never easy to do so with 1A. There is more leg room in the emergency row seat than in 1A and by the time I exit the plane, my gate checked bag is ready to pick up usually without having to wait.
I think you're thinking of the Embraer 145.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by evanroberts
I think you're thinking of the Embraer 145.
Agree. Plenty of overhead space on the 175's
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by evanroberts
The little beverage table actually locks around the glasses. Once I worked that out my life improved immensely. The second glass of Buffalo Trace helped too

edited_1449953122868 by Evan Roberts, on Flickr
I don't recall ever being served a drink in that type of glass...with a lip on the bottom. All my drinks come in a standard tumbler.

I guess that is the wine glass?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat/AA,DL Dirt/HH Diamond,Hyatt Something-ist/Hz Prez,Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Will a NORMAL (as in fits fine in the sizer) roller fit in the bins?
On Wednesday, noticed that my normal roller fit wheels-in in the right-side bin in First (where I was seated). Laptop bag managed to fit in the left-side bin, and was the only item anyone put in any of those bins. In coach, rollers must go sideways as the cabin is symmetric there and the aisle in the dead center. In F, the aisle is skewed for the 1-2 seat layout so the overhead bin is deeper on one side--a little bonus since otherwise the bins would fill up really, really fast.

With 12 seats in F, the 175 is a great ride compared to the CRJ-700.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by UAzip
On Wednesday, noticed that my normal roller fit wheels-in in the right-side bin in First (where I was seated). Laptop bag managed to fit in the left-side bin, and was the only item anyone put in any of those bins. In coach, rollers must go sideways as the cabin is symmetric there and the aisle in the dead center. In F, the aisle is skewed for the 1-2 seat layout so the overhead bin is deeper on one side--a little bonus since otherwise the bins would fill up really, really fast.

With 12 seats in F, the 175 is a great ride compared to the CRJ-700.
The right-hand side is fine, but the left is pretty small. Fine for coats and maybe anything that would fit under a seat; useless for luggage. You definitely want to be towards the front of group 1 if you're in first.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:50 am

United Express E175 cabin
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just flew 7A. There is less pitch in 7A than in 7C/D, due to staggering of F seats. Wasn't a problem for me, as pax in 4A did not recline, but would have been tight if he did.

Note as well that the row 7 seats have misaligned windows. I'd still pick 7A or (even better) 7D for the underseat storage and quick exit. 7B has no underseat storage, 7C it's severely restricted. Pre-boarding is key due to limited overhead space.

Is this aircraft always freezing cold? Multiple pax complained, and the pilots briefly turned on the heat, but within half an hour we were all freezing again.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Is this aircraft always freezing cold? Multiple pax complained, and the pilots briefly turned on the heat, but within half an hour we were all freezing again.
I have been on plenty that were hot. And I don't think the pilots control the heat, even though the FA's act like they do. I'm not 100%, but I think there is a temperature dial just inside the entry door near the FA's PA controls.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by wcj1
I'm not 100%, but I think there is a temperature dial just inside the entry door near the FA's PA controls.
There is.

I always find that the E175 is cold on the climb-out, but warms up at cruise.
bluedemon211 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm usually happy with the temperature on the E75s, but they seem to have a widespread issue where the AC air duct in the ceiling on the A side (at least in F) is freezing to the point of causing a slow drip of condensation to rain down on you, especially while parked at the gate.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark
they seem to have a widespread issue where the AC air duct in the ceiling on the A side (at least in F) is freezing to the point of causing a slow drip of condensation to rain down on you
I can confirm that
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
I can confirm that
My last two flights it has been tiny pieces of ice, not liquid water coming down. Barely noticed and didn't bother me.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
on this DFW-SFO next week, and E+ is completely full as of now. Any thoughts on the best seats in E- (if there's even a difference between them)? Prefer windows, but legroom trumps everything.

thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.