Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by cricketer
on this DFW-SFO next week, and E+ is completely full as of now. Any thoughts on the best seats in E- (if there's even a difference between them)? Prefer windows, but legroom trumps everything.

thanks in advance.
They're all basically the same. Check in at exactly T-24 and pick up either 7C or 7D - they're blocked until check in.
cricketer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:20 am

in case anyone is still reading this old thread.... I want to share my experience in seat 7C bulkhead.

most people mentioned that 7B gets bumped by bags.... well... 7C can be worse, at least on my flight. many people walking past 7B actually tried to avoid the person in 7B. they performed a slight turn. as they did that, their back pack or whatever bag they were carry also starting swing and ended up hitting my shoulder. it was actually a lot harder than 7B getting hit because most people are just walking mindless, but slowly down the aisle.... but when the try to avoid 7B, their bags gained momentum during the twist and hit 7C with a lot more force.(even if unintentional)

needless to say, i changed my seat to 7D on the return.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: AC 25K
Was on one yesterday, was in 7A. I prefer that to 7D because with only the single F seat in front of you, you basically have aisle access from a window seat. Along with tons of leg room. I think row 7 seats might be slightly narrower than further back because the tray comes from the armrest, not the seatback, but I'm a pretty skinny guy, so no big deal.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Good timing to bump this thread—I got upgraded from EWR to DCA this morning into 1D, a seat I don’t think I’d flown in before. I’d rather not again. Not because it’s a bulkhead seat, but because its sole window is set too far back to allow for comfortable gawking. 1A has that issue too.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I have my fam of 4 in 7AB and 8AB MSP to SFO. Row 8 is said to have a misaligned window? Is it that bad of a row?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I have my fam of 4 in 7AB and 8AB MSP to SFO. Row 8 is said to have a misaligned window? Is it that bad of a row?
No, it's fine. Of course, see if you can snag 7CD at T-24.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:41 am

Seat 2A EMB175

I have read on other sites that seat 2A window on United Embraer 175 is misaligned. I don't remember it being "wonky". I can choose any seat on plane right now. Anyone experience misaligned window? I keep reading it's the prefered seat and have reserved 2A. Just wondering if I should switch?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by pwhipple56
I have read on other sites that seat 2A window on United Embraer 175 is misaligned. I don't remember it being "wonky". I can choose any seat on plane right now. Anyone experience misaligned window? I keep reading it's the prefered seat and have reserved 2A. Just wondering if I should switch?
Every window is in a slightly different place, but there's nothing out of the ordinary about the window in 2A. It's the best seat in the house
Kacee likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:24 am

Many thanks; my search ends here. Great thread.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Every window is in a slightly different place, but there's nothing out of the ordinary about the window in 2A. It's the best seat in the house
I beg to differ. I absolutely love 7A because I can't completely stretch my legs. It also allows me direct access to the aisle. All first class seats have less legroom than 7A.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:06 am

Lucky me. I have short legs and have to use by underseat bag as a footrest. Thanks for all's recommendations.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by pwhipple56
Lucky me. I have short legs and have to use by underseat bag as a footrest. Thanks for all's recommendations.
If you have short legs, then I recommend 1A, as no one in front of you reclining in your face!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

Why is 2A better than 3A or 4A?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
FA offers you a drink first?
Old Sep 25, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by eng3
All else equal, further forward is further from the wing in your face and the engine in your ear, quicker to be served and faster off the plane, and somewhat easier to hop up and use the lav.

Nothing wrong with 3A or 4A but given the choice I'd take 2A.
SPN Lifer, st3 and anteater like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.