Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:01 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
There was PDE but it was kind of buggy.
I do not think I have been on one that had it, and IIRC only one with WiFi - and been on quite a few of these now.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by EmailKid
I do not think I have been on one that had it, and IIRC only one with WiFi - and been on quite a few of these now.
This was aircraft N127SY.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
2A was fine.
PDE was dodgy. Would play audio for GoT but not video. Started watching Anchorman II which was fine but then when I stopped it to take a photo out the window I could never get it to start working again.
8:40am departure snack basket.
Bins on the A side are smaller for purses and things like that. Normal size roller fits fine across the aisle. Didn't look back and see if in Y the bins on both sides were "big".
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, AS
In E+, row 7 has tons of legroom. I tend to avoid 7A/B due to the limited underseat storage (having the single F seat just in front). Also in 7B you're almost sitting in the aisle ...
7C/D are great seats with tons of underseat storage. Also, I notice that these two seats seem to be blocked until T-24 and when I check in at or just after T-24, they seem to almost always be available ...
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by lazytom
In E+, row 7 has tons of legroom. I tend to avoid 7A/B due to the limited underseat storage (having the single F seat just in front). Also in 7B you're almost sitting in the aisle ...
7C/D are great seats with tons of underseat storage. Also, I notice that these two seats seem to be blocked until T-24 and when I check in at or just after T-24, they seem to almost always be available ...
Got "upgraded" from 7C to 4C, it was no upgrade. First and only time on a 175 so didn't know config very well. 4C is weird in that it sticks out into the division (curtain) between E and F class so passengers and FA's always tend to run into it when passing. I would not take 4C again even on a CPU.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I've been in 3C and 3D, no complaints about either seat. I've received the seats as CPU so I have not had the opportunity to sit on the single side of the plane or further up (as those seats were previously assigned to other customers).

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
2A was fine.
PDE was dodgy. Would play audio for GoT but not video. Started watching Anchorman II which was fine but then when I stopped it to take a photo out the window I could never get it to start working again.
Bins on the A side are smaller for purses and things like that. Normal size roller fits fine across the aisle. Didn't look back and see if in Y the bins on both sides were "big".
Y has normal overheads. I missed the upgrade on an ORD->BOI trip a couple weeks back I didn't find a seat in Y that was particularly better than others (although I didn't get to sit in 7C/7D which others say is great).

Seconded on PDE. Video kept stalling. Gogo manages the entertainment for these flights, so hitting entertainment in the United app takes you to a specific site in your browser... then you pick the movie/TV show... hit play... and the video opens up in the United app? It kept stalling, and, on several occasions, would not play until it was stopped, went back to the browser, hit play on the movie again, but it didn't remember the spot where it was stopped - so I had to seek to the position where I last was manually
Old Oct 28, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA1K
+1 on row 7. it's insane how much legroom there is. i sat in 7A and 7B did not have anything under the seat in front when i boarded so needless to say, i had a lot of legroom and a lot of room for my bag.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
Just got in from a trip with 3 out of 4 segments on E175s. First was in 2A on a brand new plane. Had no issues with PDE, went in and out of the movie about event 15-20 minutes and never had any stalling or hiccups. It was a pleasant flight. Only detractors were not being offered a PDB (Mesa) and a doozy of a rough descent into IAH, but that was the fault of TS Patricia.
My return this AM had both segments on the E175. Both times I was in 4D - did a SDC last night and I got the seat I got. I've been in 2D a couple of times, and 4D was the same experience. I really do think I prefer this plane to B73x and A3xx
Oh, and my 22" roller fit fine in the bin over 3CD. The bin over 4CD is deep front to back, but narrow side to side. It held my laptop bag just fine.

Last edited by mezzowithcorigis; Dec 15, 2015 at 8:51 pm
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:05 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by nomad420
Got "upgraded" from 7C to 4C, it was no upgrade.
If you didn't like that, don't do 7B. EVERYONE bashes into you during boarding

Originally Posted by haddon90
+1 on row 7. it's insane how much legroom there is. i sat in 7A and 7B
ALWAYS dodging pax with large bags in 7B.

They are looking at row numbers while their bags are looking to do damage to person in 7B
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:01 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I flew my third one yesterday from RDU-IAD. So far I've sat in 4A, 7F and 8A.

Any A seat in F is going to be great obviously, you might like the bulkhead due to the no recline factor but then you have to deal with getting your bag down later. For coach, the bulkhead is my favorite as there's just a certain so you get unlimited legroom. However, the E+ seats are pretty good too, they feel roomier than similar seats on the CRJ-700.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 12:07 pm

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
2A was fine.
1A
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA
Anyone with opinions on 1C/D vs 3C/D? 2 of us and the A rows are all taken anyways.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Anyone with opinions on 1C/D vs 3C/D? 2 of us and the A rows are all taken anyways.
Pretty standard bulkhead versus not debate. I generally avoid bulkheads in F and would go with row 3.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:59 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Having been spending a bit of time on the E175 lately (and I like them), some thoughts on the 7A/B versus 7C/D question.

If you are traveling with someone 7C/D are probably the best. The legroom is excellent, and you have two first class seats in front of you to put stuff under. There's also a small overhead bin right above you that might not get used by first class (it's just a little far back of them and not quite large enough for a full size rollaboard), and unquestionably yours.

If you are by yourself 7A or B might be better since 7A is a little more private, while 7B has the unlimited legroom facing the aisle. To me this makes 7A and B feel a little different from each other, though there is the issue of who gets the underseat space.

Needless to say if you're traveling with a child row 7 is excellent because they won't be able to kick the seat in front of them. But it is less desirable for a kid because the windows are not ideally placed for little people to see out of them.

The long and the short of it is that row 7 on the E175 is one of the best Economy Plus experiences in the fleet.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:04 pm

Location: MSP, WLG, or the forward most A seat in Y I can get
Programs: UA Plat (and all the derivatives on cars and hotels that implies)
Originally Posted by CMK10
the little beverage table in the armrest on the single seat side is really unstable and you need to be careful about knocking your drink off.

The little beverage table actually locks around the glasses. Once I worked that out my life improved immensely. The second glass of Buffalo Trace helped too

edited_1449953122868 by Evan Roberts, on Flickr
Little Washita likes this.

Last edited by evanroberts; Feb 26, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.