FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1717112-everything-you-wanted-know-about-where-sit-emb175.html)

sface Dec 21, 14 7:32 am

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Bulkhead seats in First?

How are the bulkhead seats on the EMB 175's? Glimpses of the seats on YouTube videos suggest it's fine, with standard legroom (and no one reclining into you), but SeatGuru flashes yellow for restricted legroom. Meanwhile, seat maps for AA and Delta EMB 175's give it a thumbs-up for leg room. Anyone who can share their experience?

Air Houston Dec 22, 14 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by sface (Post 24031809)
Bulkhead seats in First?

How are the bulkhead seats on the EMB 175's? Glimpses of the seats on YouTube videos suggest it's fine, with standard legroom (and no one reclining into you), but SeatGuru flashes yellow for restricted legroom. Meanwhile, seat maps for AA and Delta EMB 175's give it a thumbs-up for leg room. Anyone who can share their experience?

The bulkhead seats are good seats on the E175. Definitely my preferred economy seat choice and a decent choice in First, although not the ridiculous legroom as in the old configuration CRJ-700s.

sface Dec 23, 14 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Air Houston (Post 24040212)
The bulkhead seats are good seats on the E175. Definitely my preferred economy seat choice and a decent choice in First, although not the ridiculous legroom as in the old configuration CRJ-700s.

Thanks. How about the bulkhead in First -- row 1?

Air Houston Dec 23, 14 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by sface (Post 24041375)
Thanks. How about the bulkhead in First -- row 1?

As I said in the second part of my comment, the bulkhead is a decent choice in First. It does not have as much legroom as the old configuration CR-700s have in F though. If I don't have the dog with me I will usually pick 1A, so it is not a bad seat, just not so much superior to other F seats that it makes a huge difference.

neuro0 Jun 22, 15 3:21 pm

Does Row1 has good legroom on both the A and C, D side? Or should I choose row instead. In general, I try to avoid row 1 if I cannot stretch my legs.

Duke777 Jun 22, 15 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0 (Post 25010927)
Does Row1 has good legroom on both the A and C, D side? Or should I choose row instead. In general, I try to avoid row 1 if I cannot stretch my legs.

Was just in 1D. It had plenty of legroom, although you're probably unable to fully extend your legs. I was able to get by my seat mate without much problem.

CMK10 Jul 6, 15 5:50 pm

Flew on my first one of these last week from RDU-IAD. It's certainly better than the CR7 we usually see on that route, even if it has the awful Slimline seats. The bulkhead in row 7 is a great seat as there's unlimited legroom, plus the large windows are a treat.

The flight crew seemed very excited for the new aircraft as they made several announcements about it including one about how F had inseat power which I thought was rather odd to make to the whole plane.

CMK10 Sep 22, 15 6:19 am

Flew one last weekend from RDU-IAH in First. It's a very nice cabin and quite pleasant even on this longer route. I will say though that the little beverage table in the armrest on the single seat side is really unstable and you need to be careful about knocking your drink off.

https://cmk10.smugmug.com/Travel/Tex...IMG_1463-L.jpg

Kacee Oct 15, 15 11:27 pm

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

There does not appear to be a "where to sit thread" on the ERJ-175 yet.

I'm flying one Saturday. In 1A right now. Yea or nay?

WineCountryUA Oct 15, 15 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 25572175)
There does not appear to be a "where to sit thread" on the ERJ-175 yet....

There is some seating stuff in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ess-fleet.html but agree a clean thread is a good idea. Thanks for starting.

Originally Posted by Kacee (Post 25572175)
.... I'm flying one Saturday. In 1A right now. Yea or nay?

That's what I have chosen but it does feel a bit isolated (good in my opinion) and you kind of feel like you are sitting in the galley.

Kacee Oct 16, 15 12:25 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 25572209)
That's what I have chosen but it does feel a bit isolated (good in my opinion) and you kind of feel like you are sitting in the galley.

Thanks! 4A is also open, contemplating checking that out so I can report back.

IceTrojan Oct 16, 15 2:04 am

1A - Isolated, no seat in front of you for sense of open space = better for working, watching content. No underseat storage.

4A - Distance between you and row behind is greater, so less likely to feel bumps on seatback = better for sleeping. Underseat storage.

physioprof Oct 16, 15 3:39 pm

1A is my favorite!

QBK Oct 16, 15 3:47 pm

I was in 1A on my last E175 flight, and I found the legroom suboptimal. It's okay, but there was no possibility of straightening my legs (I'm 6'1", FWIW). It's not like 1A on the CR7 or (iirc) the E170.

In the future, I'll probably take 2A. I've had two equipment swaps so far (one from a 170 to a 175, one the other way), and I figure that in case of a downgauge, Rows 3-4 get downgraded.

WineCountryUA Oct 16, 15 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by QBK (Post 25575640)
....I figure that in case of a downgauge, Rows 3-4 get downgraded.

That shouldn't happen -- paid first should have priority and then status of upgraders. Should be like any other swap with small F cabin. Of course consistency in execution is at times a problem.