Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by findark
All else equal, further forward is further from the wing in your face and the engine in your ear, quicker to be served and faster off the plane, and somewhat easier to hop up and use the lav.

Nothing wrong with 3A or 4A but given the choice I'd take 2A.
OK thats what I thought. I was just surprised to see 2A listed as preferred but not 3 or 4. At first I thought that perhaps 4A had limited recline, but I do not recall that and that wouldn't explain 3A.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by fumje
FA offers you a drink first?
Winner!
Old Sep 26, 2020, 2:00 am

Programs: HH Dia, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by findark
All else equal, further forward is further from the wing in your face and the engine in your ear, quicker to be served and faster off the plane, and somewhat easier to hop up and use the lav.

Nothing wrong with 3A or 4A but given the choice I'd take 2A.
One consideration for 2A is the chance of equipment downgrade EMB 175 to 170. Because the 170 has 6 first class seats, vs. 12 on the 175, those who are booked in rows 3 and 4 are downgraded. Not a common change but it has happened to me.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by traveling bijorn
One consideration for 2A is the chance of equipment downgrade EMB 175 to 170. Because the 170 has 6 first class seats, vs. 12 on the 175, those who are booked in rows 3 and 4 are downgraded. Not a common change but it has happened to me.
That can be good depending on when the swap is made. Assuming the policy hasnt changed, a $200 ECT for having to sit in the back for a (hopefully) short flight is not bad.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by traveling bijorn
I don't think it's quite so straightforward any longer. I had a flight swap from 739 to 319, and I got moved from row 4 up to row 2 while others got downgraded.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
E-175 overhead bins on the left side of First?

Does the E-175 have any overhead bins on the left side of First?

I can't remember which aircraft has the small bins, and which have no bins at all. Whether I can get a small bin makes a difference in my boarding strategy.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by wh6cto
Does the E-175 have any overhead bins on the left side of First?

I can't remember which aircraft has the small bins, and which have no bins at all. Whether I can get a small bin makes a difference in my boarding strategy.
Yes, but the ones on the left side are very small. May be able to fit a small back pack or purse, not a "carry-on sized" suit case. Was on one yesterday, and offered to move my bag from the bigger overhead so someone could use it for their carry-on suit case. Boarding last is risky when it comes to overhead space on this plane.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I have a couple legs on an e175 soon...1 CD vs 4CD....which pair would you rather have?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
I have a couple legs on an e175 soon...1 CD vs 4CD....which pair would you rather have?
1CD have limited legroom and no under seat storage, so I'd go with 4CD if I were you.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:54 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TheHolyCobra
1CD have limited legroom and no under seat storage, so I'd go with 4CD if I were you.
I actually disagree with the limited legroom statement. I find the legroom in the bulkhead on the E75 extremely generous.
asnovici and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
While I always choose the single side when flying along, I do not mind 4C/D at all. While I suppose you might get last for meal choice (pre-COVID), I think the trade-off for more space is worth it.

Originally Posted by CMK10
I actually disagree with the limited legroom statement. I find the legroom in the bulkhead on the E75 extremely generous.
Agreed. My biggest complaint is not having any under-seat storage when in 1A/C/D
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I hate row 1 on this plane because of the legroom, and I'm not even tall. Would take a 2-4C/D seat over 1A/C/D anyday. Probably even 7A-D.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Agreed. My biggest complaint is not having any under-seat storage when in 1A/C/D
YMMV. Traveler height and the need to stretch out legs are also factors here
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Your Favorite E175 F seat

I always choice 2A when flying solo, it has under seat storage in front of it. I think the single window/aisle F seats on a E175 are just great for domestic short and medium haul travel.

-Paul
Old Jan 5, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott Platinum
2A, 3A, or 4A for me. I avoid 1A because the jet bridge curtains have scratched the hell out of those windows and made many useless to look out of.
Dyce likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.