Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2021, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Paul510
I always choice 2A when flying solo, it has under seat storage in front of it. I think the single window/aisle F seats on a E175 are just great for domestic short and medium haul travel.
2A for sure. Underseat storage; on and off the aircraft super fast.

For a narrowbody, on carriers with no seat blocking, this is my favorite COVID-era seat. Very strong airflow from dual vents allows you to create a literal curtain of filtered air.
SPN Lifer and bluedemon211 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Originally Posted by Kacee

For a narrowbody, on carriers with no seat blocking, this is my favorite COVID-era seat. Very strong airflow from dual vents allows you to create a literal curtain of filtered air.
Exactly, in the Covid era it's great to sit alone.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Well my biggest problem with xA seats on these planes is having my head frozen from being too tall with or without the vents pointed at me. Talk about brain freeze!

David
Kacee likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K
UA Express carry-on baggage question

Hi all, I’m on a SkyWest operated Embraer175 tomorrow, IAH-BNA. I have a regulation carryon that i always take on board the Boeings and Airbuses with no problem. Will I be able to carry it on the plane tomorrow and store it in the overhead? I’m in FC and am a 1K. If they will take it from me as I board, I’ll need to extract my computer before I hand it over. I have managed to avoid the regionals for years, so don’t know how this is handled. Thanks in advance, as I just want to know what to expect.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
I haven't flown on an E175, but whenever I fly on UA Express aircraft, I always stow my computer in a computer bag and carry it on, even on the smallest UA Express aircraft, and am prepared to always gate check my standard carry-on on the jetway as I board.
Old May 8, 2021, 7:47 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
In my limited experience all I can say is, on that airplane the overhead on the single seat side (left) is very small. You probably have to put it in the overhead across on the 2 seater side (right). I don’t think a regular sized carry on should give you any issues, especially since you’ll be one of the first to board.
Old May 8, 2021, 9:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Alex
Hi all, I’m on a SkyWest operated Embraer175 tomorrow, IAH-BNA. I have a regulation carryon that i always take on board the Boeings and Airbuses with no problem. Will I be able to carry it on the plane tomorrow and store it in the overhead? I’m in FC and am a 1K. ....
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Will a NORMAL (as in fits fine in the sizer) roller fit in the bins?
Yes, just barely. Note that at least in F, there's a full size bin only on the 2 seat side of the aisle, and that fills up pretty fast. This is an aircraft where boarding in the first half of G1 actually matters.
Old May 8, 2021, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Alex
Hi all, I’m on a SkyWest operated Embraer175 tomorrow, IAH-BNA. I have a regulation carryon that i always take on board the Boeings and Airbuses with no problem. Will I be able to carry it on the plane tomorrow and store it in the overhead? I’m in FC and am a 1K.
On the E75, if I'm carrying on a bag that won't fit underseat, I make sure to board as early as possible. The F overhead space almost always fills before F has completed boarding.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:14 pm

How bad are the missaligned windows in E/ E+ on the Mesa EMB175?
Flying with teens who like to sightsee on flights...
Old Jul 5, 2021, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Silja
How bad are the missaligned windows in E/ E+ on the Mesa EMB175?
Flying with teens who like to sightsee on flights...
I like to look out the window and never felt bothered by alignment for any of row 1-9.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat
My E175 seat map for domestic travel in November is showing 8 rows of E+. Last row in Y is 23, with only seats on the AB side. Is this a configuration change?
Old Oct 22, 2021, 10:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
My E175 seat map for domestic travel in November is showing 8 rows of E+. Last row in Y is 23, with only seats on the AB side. Is this a configuration change?
Yes, there is https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ft/emb175.html
Doubling the size of E+
Will add to the wiki

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ft/emb175.html
Old Oct 25, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
My flight booked in Z just had an equipment change to this E175 and now there is no Z and I am booked in Y. Fare difference now is about $5 from original booking to current Y, what else am I entitled to? I also have to pay to change seats online even though I paid for Z and could choose any seat.

If I booked Y originally, would have saved 50%.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by RK23
My flight booked in Z just had an equipment change to this E175 and now there is no Z and I am booked in Y.
Huh?

If you originally purchased a ticket in First (any fare class) and there is currently inventory available in J, you should be seated in the First cabin.

If the flight is J0, you can request a re-route to another valid routing with J space, or sit tight and see if it opens on your current flight. If you fly in Y, the refund would depend on what other segment(s) were on the ticket. I believe it should also qualify for OVS DOWNGRADE, although schedule-change related oversells are a bit finicky.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 9:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Emb 175 first class

First time on United in a long time! On the EMB 175 in first class, will a standard roll aboard fit in the overhead bins? Will they gate check if it doesn’t?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.