Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNPKGCwgxko
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...5/default.aspx

2A seems to be a preferred choice in First.

1A doesn't have a cutout so might not be as good for tall people & seems to be colder.

7C/D seems to be preferred choice for E+. Often blocked until T24, but then seem to be available.

7A/B also good, although 7B may get bumped during boarding because it's exposed to passengers as the aisle shifts to the center between the F and Y cabins.

All row 7 seats have ample legroom before the F cabin. There is no bulkhead; just a half-curtain.

United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.

Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted To Know About Where To Sit On An EMB175

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
Is 7A able to use the underseat storage of 4A? Would there be any issue with 7B also wanting to use it?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chemengin
Is 7A able to use the underseat storage of 4A? Would there be any issue with 7B also wanting to use it?
As 7B is my preferred seat when in economy, it never occurred to me to store items under 4A, that is 7A's space
chemengin and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
United Becomes First Airline to Add New, Larger Overhead Bins to Embraer E175 Aircraft
Photos(1)

New bins will be available on 50 aircraft by the end of this year and can accommodate up to 29 more bags per flight, helping make room for everyone's carry-on

CHICAGO, March 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines announced today that it is installing new, larger overhead bins on its Skywest operated Embraer E175 fleet that will provide more room for passengers' roll aboard carry-on bags. These new bins will be available on 50 aircraft with a 76-seat configuration by the end of this year. United may expand the E175 larger overhead bins offering to more than 150 aircraft by the end of 2026.

United is the first airline to offer these larger overhead bins on E175 airplanes and estimates this move will nearly eliminate the need for one million annual passengers to gate-check bags on more than 150,000 E175 flights.

United is enhancing the passenger experience by adding larger overhead bins on the Embraer E175 fleet to increase customer convenience and improve operational efficiency. The new bins will accommodate up to an extra 29 carry-on bags on the regional jets, which is an 80 percent increase in space.

"Customer sentiment for the new overhead bins and signature interiors has been extremely positive. By helping to eliminate the need to gate check bags, we are seeing an increase in gate and boarding satisfaction," said Linda Jojo, United's chief customer officer. "This is just the latest way we're working to create an industry-leading experience for all our customers – whether they're on an international or regional flight."

United now has more than 200 mainline aircraft outfitted with bins large enough to fit every passenger's carry-on bag and is in the process of retrofitting its domestic narrowbody fleet. The new overhead bins in the regional fleet will provide a seamless connecting experience for customers. Every E175 aircraft outfitted with these overhead bins will also have braille and tactile placards that enhance accessibility, part of a larger initiative the airline announced in 2023.

United Airlines and United Express operate an average of more than 4,000 flights a day to over 350 airports across 6 continents. SkyWest is the world's largest E175 operator and flies more than 700 daily departures to more than 140 destinations as United Express. In 2023, United became the world's largest carrier as measured by seat-miles, carrying more than 150 million passengers.
SPN Lifer and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Saw that. Good news, especially for those of you/us who bring the larger carry ons. Hopefully the left overhead (mini) bins in first would be enlarged as well?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VRFast
Saw that. Good news, especially for those of you/us who bring the larger carry ons. Hopefully the left overhead (mini) bins in first would be enlarged as well?
I've been trying to figure out what this is going to look like and I'm drawing a blank. Are they going to lower the floors? Where does the space come from, and what are we trading off?
goodeats21, findark and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
Originally Posted by jsloan
I've been trying to figure out what this is going to look like and I'm drawing a blank. Are they going to lower the floors? Where does the space come from, and what are we trading off?
The pictures make it look like they are going to extend them further out over the seats, so they will be deep enough to accommodate a roll-aboard (flat, not on it's side) wheels first, rather than having to go lengthwise. Sort of like the narrow body bins before reconfiguration. I think they will essentially be the same size as the right hand bins in First. In my mind's eye, I can't see how they could do that on both sides. Will there be room to open the doors on both sides and still stand up?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jsloan
Was wondering as well.

Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
The pictures make it look like they are going to extend them further out over the seats, so they will be deep enough to accommodate a roll-aboard (flat, not on it's side) wheels first, rather than having to go lengthwise. Sort of like the narrow body bins before reconfiguration. I think they will essentially be the same size as the right hand bins in First. In my mind's eye, I can't see how they could do that on both sides. Will there be room to open the doors on both sides and still stand up?
The pic in the press release only shows one side, so I guess one side only is any option.

It also appears to me that the bin is slanted so maybe they took some head space from the window seat area to make the bags a bit more upright? It is really hard to tell from the picture perspective.

Wonder what the safety review / approval process is like for this type of change?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 10:53 am

Yeah, not the stow like a book space bins, but deeper
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Man in Seat 9A
I can't even see how they can do it on one side. The only reason that works in F is that (a) they have the tiny bins on the port side and (b) they have the 1-2 configuration, pushing the aisle itself well to port. Once you get to Y, where it's 2-2 and the aisle moves to the center, if they used the same bins they'd be intruding significantly into the aisle.
findark likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.