Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 9:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It used to be, but they seem to have removed that clause from the CoC sometime in the past year.
But there is
CoC 24.B.7.c Substitution of aircraft type that provides different classes of service or different seat configurations
as a defined Schedule Irregularity.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Originally Posted by aacharya
Call back - denote they made a mistake in booking the 11th, and simply/firmly ask for your preferred routes. They'll work with LH to rebook even in a different fare class.
Thank you - ended up on the LX flight departing on the 12th. The LX flight on the 11th is still on the itinerary but I'll wait a couple of days to see if it falls off before phoning in.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Had a few schedule changes hit this weekend. Finally had a chance today to look at the details. Most are benign - United Express changing flight numbers or times changing by a couple of minutes.

However, one went from an CRJ700 (in First) to a CRJ200...a plane which I NEVER book and try to avoid.

Trying to decide if it is worth an additional 90 minutes added to my ORD layover to get to a later EMB145 flight.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Had a few schedule changes hit this weekend. Finally had a chance today to look at the details. Most are benign - United Express changing flight numbers or times changing by a couple of minutes.

However, one went from an CRJ700 (in First) to a CRJ200...a plane which I NEVER book and try to avoid.

Trying to decide if it is worth an additional 90 minutes added to my ORD layover to get to a later EMB145 flight.
Depends how long a flight on the Devil's Chariot you might be looking at. ORD-MKE I could deal with, but not ORD-DIK (for example, since that station has had a thread of its own recently).
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Smile Schedule Changes on International

I have a complicated itinerary for award tickets going DEN-LAX-EWR-HAM-VIE in business, and returning VIE-BRU-IAD-DEN in Global First. Originally the DEN-LAX and the IAD-DEN portions were in coach, but I asked to be waitlisted, and both of them cleared recently.

A couple of days ago the IAD-DEN flight was changed by 40 minutes. This ended up making my connection 5 hours, making what was already a long connection a little too long. I called and very kindly asked if there could be a change to an earlier flight (bringing the connection down to 2.5 hrs). I had already checked and there was no award availability on that flight. I was crossing my fingers, as the change was only 40 minutes, and they could have said no. The very helpful agent looked at it with me and said she would see what she could do. She put me on hold for a while and worked with her supervisor to open up seats on the alternate flight, and we're good to go! I really think the agents will respond positively when we're kind to them rather than demanding.

By the way, the original booking was not available online. I looked and saw the EWR-VIE availability, and then the DEN-EWR availability (VIA LAX). When I called, I was able to be specific about the flights I wanted, and the agent waived the booking fee because I should have been able to book online. It was worth doing the research.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by goodeats21

I haven't seen First seats on EMB145. Do they exist on the flight you're looking at?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by transportprof
Depends how long a flight on the Devil's Chariot you might be looking at. ORD-MKE I could deal with, but not ORD-DIK (for example, since that station has had a thread of its own recently).
It was for ORD->DAY, so blocked out at about 1 hour, 15 minutes....but I HATE the CR2.

Anyway, it worked out in the end. After checking some options, I found a route through IAD that was better timed. So now I am home earlier and have a CR7 ride from IAD->DAY.

Originally Posted by BBSHOPSINGER
I haven't seen First seats on EMB145. Do they exist on the flight you're looking at?
There is no First on the EMB145...but seat 18A is a MUCH better choice then any seat on the CR2/Devil's Chariot.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:05 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Had an IAH-ATL-EWR-HKG routing (found a cheap fare a while ago, that had to be routed through Atlanta) and ultimately got it switched to a much more normal IAH-SFO-HKG. Saving me several hours of travel and an earlier arrival in Hong Kong.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by plc44
Had an IAH-ATL-EWR-HKG routing (found a cheap fare a while ago, that had to be routed through Atlanta) and ultimately got it switched to a much more normal IAH-SFO-HKG. Saving me several hours of travel and an earlier arrival in Hong Kong.
We might have bought the same cheap fare. My original routing was RIC-EWR-ATL-EWR-HKG. Because of change of the departure time of EWR-ATL flight a few weeks ago, this created misconnect. The agent could just drop EWR-ATL-EWR flights, but she/he did not. The new routing became RIC-ORD-HKG. As an incentive, RPU was cleared for all eligible segments (e.g., HNL-IAH). All of them were done without a single call.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:25 am

I'm currently booked in business from SYD-BKK-NRT-SJC, but there's a schedule change (which they didn't notify me of) leaving SYD 6 hours earlier than original flight. Is it possible to switch to SYD-SFO on united without penalty? Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
A colleague and I are booked on the same ORD-DCA flight in September. There was a 5 minute schedule change. He received an e-mail from UA with the details of the new itinerary but I didn't, in fact I've never received such an e-mail from UA after many many schedule changes. I've looked all over the website and can't find a place to opt-in for these emails. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by hamburglar
I'm currently booked in business from SYD-BKK-NRT-SJC, but there's a schedule change (which they didn't notify me of) leaving SYD 6 hours earlier than original flight. Is it possible to switch to SYD-SFO on united without penalty? Thanks!
very likely yes, call them and ask.

i had one of my own for an upcoming INTL J award, short domestic segment went from CR2->CR7 and I space is open on the new flight so i have to call and get bumped up. sometimes these things work out. ^
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Okay, so I need a little help with this one.

I am flying a round trip from USA to YVR. The reservation was made through my employers travel agent. The outbound is all on United (via DEN). The return is YVR to YYZ on AC then YYZ to home (via ORD).

I think the way it was ticketed, it is an 016 ticket on the way out, and an 014 ticket on the way back.

Anyway, both AC and United have tweaked the times of their flights on the return, however the changes only appear not heir respective website (so on aircanada.com it shows the new flight times for the YVR-YYZ flight but the original flight times for the YYZ-ORD flight, whereas on united.com is shows the original flight times for YVR-YYZ and the new flight times for YYZ-ORD).

Thus, if I look on either site, it looks like I don't violate the MCT in YYZ, when in fact I do (my connection is now 67 minutes when I believe that the MCT for domestic to US is 70 minutes.

My first question is, in the situation when a MCT violation occurs due to a schedule change, can I change to different flights without penalty?

Now, I have identified an alternate routing that I prefer. Basically I want to keep the same YVR-YYZ AC flight, but change the connecting UA flights to go via IAH (which leaves 30 minutes later than the ORD flight). The question is, what is the best way to do this:

1) Through AC since it is their ticket?
2) Through UA since it's their flights?
3) Through my employers travel agent since they booked it?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by swiftaw
3) Through my employers travel agent since they booked it?
^

and if you call someone yourself it's ACs problem since its their ticket. but i'd let the agent do your bidding.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Okay, this is weird, I thought it was just that the time changes hadn't been included in my reservation properly but it actually turns out that united.com and aircanada.com are showing two different times for the same flight.

The flight in question is UA 547 / AC 5141 on September 25th. UA shows it as leaving at 7:00, whereas AC shows it leaving at 7:10. My inbound flight, AC 156 is due to land at 5:53, so according to AC I have a 1:17 layover which is above MCT, but if the UA time is right, my layover is only 1:07, below MCT.

However, since it is a AC ticket and they are showing a 1:17 layover, I bet they won't do a free change due to MCT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.