Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by micned
even though it is on the timetable, UA3952 has no seats available for sale with miles or money anymore. Can anyone tell me what is going on with UA3952
Sounds like they've canceled UA3952 but not yet updated the timetable. Which is likely why they switched you to the afternoon flight.

If you must be at ROA by 10 a.m., you may have to fly in the night before. UA should open award space to make that happen. Research the flights you want before you call, and if at first they won't open space for you, politely end the call and dial again.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 8:45 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sounds like they've canceled UA3952 but not yet updated the timetable. Which is likely why they switched you to the afternoon flight.

If you must be at ROA by 10 a.m., you may have to fly in the night before. UA should open award space to make that happen. Research the flights you want before you call, and if at first they won't open space for you, politely end the call and dial again.
Darn. That's what I suspected, but was hoping I was missing something. Thanks for the quick response.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:16 am

Check Your UA Itineraries for Schedule Changes and what to do after one [2016]

MODERATOR NOTE

I've changed the title of this thread to reflect all schedule changes for 2016 and as a reference point, the (now closed) 2016 thread can be found here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ne-2015-a.html

goalie
UA Forum Co Moderator
====
On an award ticket in coach.

I just received a schedule change email from United. I was scheduled to arrive in ORD at 20:46 from SFO and depart on TK 6 at 22:15. TK 6 is now going at 21:30.

I am pretty sure there is no way to actually make that connection so I want to change to TK 80 non-stop. There is award space available on this flight.

I am going to be at SFO and SAN today anyways, can I just go to the counter and talk to the agents and have them make the change for me? This is better than calling I would guess? There should be no change fee as the timing cuts the connection to less than an hour?

Thanks.

Last edited by goalie; Jan 9, 2016 at 10:53 am Reason: added reference to this being the 2016 thread for schedule changes
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
I am going to be at SFO and SAN today anyways, can I just go to the counter and talk to the agents and have them make the change for me? This is better than calling I would guess?
Though you might get lucky at the Customer Service counter, you should call. Airport agents generally can't do anything about partner awards.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:23 am

Agents can't do anything about partner awards..... But it's a UA ticket all the way?

/me still learning all of this.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I am going to be at SFO and SAN today anyways, can I just go to the counter and talk to the agents and have them make the change for me? This is better than calling I would guess?
Not so sure about that. Not at the check-in counter (where most of the agents are contract). Maybe at customer service where they are used to doing rebookings. You can certainly give it a shot. But I wouldn't wait too long to rebook - don't let that TK space get away from you, UA can't do anything to get it back.

There should be no charge for this change.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Agents can't do anything about partner awards..... But it's a UA ticket all the way?
The flight is on TK. You need to deal with Mileage Plus over the phone.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:34 am

Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:54 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Time to put this thread to bed with the 2016 thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ne-2016-a.html

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The flight is on TK. You need to deal with Mileage Plus over the phone.
That's not true. A reservations agent can handle partner award bookings. I would expect cs at the airport could do it as well - they rebook itineraries all day long.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:11 am

I would expect cs at the airport could do it as well
I wouldn't, but that's just based on personal experience, which I know doesn't count for much on FT.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I wouldn't, but that's just based on personal experience, which I know doesn't count for much on FT.
How do you think they handle rebookings in IRROPS when UA has misconnected the pax for a partner flight?

My personal experience includes being rebooked by UA cs agents at NRT on TG and at HKG on CX.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
How do you think they handle rebookings in IRROPS when UA has misconnected the pax for a partner flight?
IME, they're only willing to do rebookings day of departure. Just last week, I tried to get ticketing help at BOS, SFO, SEA (club, gate, and CS), and they weren't willing to touch anymore more than a few days out, revenue or award.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
IME, they're only willing to do rebookings day of departure. Just last week, I tried to get ticketing help at BOS, SFO, SEA (club, gate, and CS), and they weren't willing to touch anymore more than a few days out, revenue or award.
I don't doubt that. That's a question whether an agent is willing to do it, not whether they're able. Which is why I think OP is most likely to succeed here by phone. But there's no harm trying at the airport if he's already there. Certainly in the past I've gotten help with future reservations at the UC, although I haven't tried that in a while.

In any event, I was mostly responding to the assertion upthread that an airport agent cannot change a UA ticketed partner award. That's not accurate.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Rebooking on the day of the flight, especially with irrops, is a whole different set of parameters than future reservations. On international itins, it may come down to qualifications for the task at hand. There used to be a special desk for international rates/pricing, and I think now, its an internal transfer desk. Airport agents aren't typically qualified to perform these functions, though some will attempt it. And some may have that background. But ticketing is a skill that isnt taught as much at the airport anymore.

It really depends on what you are trying to do. Finding availability is one thing, pricing it correctly can be another. Worst case, the airport agent calls the rate desk and gets the changes made. But at that point, I am usually inclined to just take care of it through reservations for efficiency purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.