Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: United - GS, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Gold
In case anyone else's in the same boat... Just checked the status page and they gave me a soft landing to 1K... happy especially since I barely made Gold this past year on miles! Will miss the perks of GS, but didn't re-earn it, so no biggie!

Congrats to those that got it...

Originally Posted by lcnyc123
Have been GS for 2 years in a row, had a slow year at work last year and most likely won't requalify (didn't qualify for 1K either!).

Question for the group.. if the wrong place to ask, please delete... does United do soft landings? I've heard some people say they will only drop GS people that didn't requalify 1 level, but also think that may just be a rumor. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

This year looks to be a banner year for travel again, so would love to keep some of the perks as a 1K if possible...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Diamond, UA GS
GS - soft landng?

Originally Posted by lcnyc123
In case anyone else's in the same boat... Just checked the status page and they gave me a soft landing to 1K... happy especially since I barely made Gold this past year on miles! Will miss the perks of GS, but didn't re-earn it, so no biggie!

Congrats to those that got it...
Using the status check It no longer tells me to check back. I can't tell if they are telling me I still have GS, or if I don't have any status (effective 2/1) but website is not set up to show someone going from GS to no status?

I logged into my my united account and it didn't show a new batch of upgrades, I'm guessing I have no status.

It says "this is your status effective February 1,2015" which I'm guessing is supposed to followed by a banner? But they don't have a nobody banner. Then it shows my GS banner and says enjoy these benefits though 1/31/15.

In fairness, I rarely fly united - only 9k EQM this year. I got GS not because of my UA travel, but because I fly a ton on AA, some private, and have a number of employees that travel every week, I think they were trying to get me to move my flights. My travel agent obtained the status for me a couple years ago.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: United 1k
Same here! My trips had to be cancelled last year - and I'm grateful to get 1k for now until my travel picks up again
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K 1MM
I follow the accounts for 3 GS colleagues. One gets it on his own (2014: PQM 130k, PQD $35-40k), the other two are lower spend and for a few years running get GS from station nominations given on account of corporate spend. Until yesterday all 3 had the "check back after Jan 12" message on the mystatus site. Today, mystatus site shows the first one confirmed as GS for 2015. The other two confirmed as 1k. Now our local station will submit nominations for those two and in a month or so will probably be confirmed. Clearly some decisions were made over the last 24 hours and posted.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: 1K, Mariott Ambassador
Originally Posted by eegulleye
. Now our local station will submit nominations for those two and in a month or so will probably be confirmed.
I'm curious what you mean by "local station will submit nominations"?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: UA MP 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by iberg
I'm curious what you mean by "local station will submit nominations"?
My company has corporate account with the local UA operation (I called it "station"). As I understand it the Regional GM can nominate a small number of people to GS, and those requests are collected from the local managers. They reserve this approach for VIPs (heads of companies who generate high revenue, ambassadors and top level gov't officials, etc.). It's a separate track from the regular GS process.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Got this email, any chance to get it back or what should I do? Thanks!

A Global Services update

Dear XXX,

After careful review and consideration of your 2014 activity, we are sorry to inform you that we will not be extending you an invitation for Global ServicesSM in 2015.

Your current benefits remain valid through January 31, 2015, and from that point we will be pleased to recognize you as a MileagePlus® Premier® 1K® member. You will enjoy six Global Premier Upgrades, 11 award miles for every dollar spent on United® flights,* Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as 96 hours before departure, specially trained phone assistance through our Premier 1K 1Call customer service, and more.

As you look to plan your travel for 2015, here are a few things to keep in mind:

Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier-qualifying criteria.

We look at your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.

Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabins or fully refundable tickets.

On behalf of everyone at United, thank you for your commitment and valued business. We appreciate that you make us your choice in the skies, and will look forward to seeing you on many future flights.

Best regards,
Your Global Services Team
Old Jan 9, 2015, 4:07 am

Programs: United - GS, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Gold
Based on your 2014 travel stats, do you think you're on the bubble? If so, I saw a reconsideration link floating around a few days ago on this site. Might try that option. If you're way off (like I was this year), then the 1K is not too bad in my humble opinion!

Originally Posted by maxswanson

A Global Services update

Dear XXX,

After careful review and consideration of your 2014 activity, we are sorry to inform you that we will not be extending you an invitation for Global ServicesSM in 2015.

Your current benefits remain valid through January 31, 2015, and from that point we will be pleased to recognize you as a MileagePlus® Premier® 1K® member. You will enjoy six Global Premier Upgrades, 11 award miles for every dollar spent on United® flights,* Complimentary Premier Upgrade confirmation as early as 96 hours before departure, specially trained phone assistance through our Premier 1K 1Call customer service, and more.

As you look to plan your travel for 2015, here are a few things to keep in mind:

Global Services recognizes the extraordinary dedication of our top flyers. We consider a number of factors beyond the usual Premier-qualifying criteria.

We look at your travel spend on United-operated flights relative to that of other top Premier flyers over recent consecutive years.

Usually, members invited to Global Services tend to consistently purchase premium cabins or fully refundable tickets.

On behalf of everyone at United, thank you for your commitment and valued business. We appreciate that you make us your choice in the skies, and will look forward to seeing you on many future flights.

Best regards,
Your Global Services Team
Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:15 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maxswanson
What were your stats? If you were "on the bubble," and have significant travel already booked for 2016, perhaps you should ask for a review based on that booked travel.

What that "bubble" is depends heavily on your home airport/region... hence the need to see what your spend on UA was, total miles, etc.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:27 am

IAH Based

212,000 PQM
131,000 BiS
$75,000 spend.

$65,000 on international, GS-Qualifying business class flights on United iron. $10,000 on economy class tickets domestically, non-GS qualifying.

Still haven't heard anything, but I suspect I'm not getting it. Been 1k forever and thought this would be the year. Time to start flying Singapore Air and Emirates, as I have the choice. So disappointing.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rfkrfk
212,000 PQM
131,000 BiS
$75,000 spend.

$65,000 on international, GS-Qualifying business class flights on United iron. $10,000 on economy class tickets domestically, non-GS qualifying.

Still haven't heard anything, but I suspect I'm not getting it. Been 1k forever and thought this would be the year. Time to start flying Singapore Air and Emirates, as I have the choice. So disappointing.
Why be disappointed - you should feel liberated! You get to likely spend less on a far better experience, and not be a hub hostage.

Originally Posted by tomanova
I just got the rejection email for 2015.

1K from 2007 - 2013, GS for 2014, back to 1K for 2015.

PQM: 109k
PQD: ~$45k
BIS: ~50k

The main change for me from 2013 (GS qualifying) to 2014 (did not qualify) was that my travel shifted from IAH-EZE to IAH-Europe. The EZE route has no competition so Z fares are $6-8k and C are $8-10k.

My 2015 travel has shifted to the ME so I'm likely moving to EY, EK, or QR.

Tom
I'd get a status match to AA stat, do the challenge, and then do QR flights so you can credit to AA. Get AA upgrades but also enjoy the great QR experience. Win-win.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
$44,000PQD on 100,000BIS and no word still. Not looking good..... is there another round of notifications expected, or has that pretty well wrapped up by today?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:27 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jjmoore
$44,000PQD on 100,000BIS and no word still. Not looking good..... is there another round of notifications expected, or has that pretty well wrapped up by today?
They had said to check back after Monday (1/12), so there could still be more notifications to go.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: MP 1K, IHG G, SPG G
Hoping for a mircale...

Looks like a mixed board. Appreciate everyone's input on this site, fun to read! Some with $35k PQD getting in while others with $45k+ PQD getting declined, go figure. Also don't see much action from west coast hubs yet.

Been 1K for the past 7-10 years, and first time spend went over $25k in a year

PQM: 177,173
PQS: 54.5
PQD: $44,500 (actual $42,424 on United planes)
BIS: 126,509
CPM: $0.335 (which is much lower than the $0.40-0.50 average)
Out of SFO

I know chances are slim to none, but gives me something to look forward to daily.

On the status site, shows 1K. Today, shows an orange box showing "Your kit status: Pending". Does this mean I'm 1k for sure, and kit is being prepared? Or will there be further consideration? I did request a review back in Dec and it states we will know by Jan 15th by email, or within a week from that date by mail.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: Lifetime UA GS, 4.5MM, AA ExPlat, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs down I don't get the GS desk

Here are my stats:

Lifetime miles = 3,963,113
PQM = 201,138
PQS = 100
PQD = $69,743

My status after years of GS = To recognize your achievement as a 3 Million Miler, you will not fall below Premier 1K status. This status is effective February 1, 2015. Thanks for nothing since I had that status without flying one mile with UA.

I fly out of CLE so we are no longer a hub. I know that I will be lifetime GS in a few months but a slap in the face for decades of loyalty. I have 3 flights to Singapore this quarter and all will now not be through NRT (so I guess that is a bonus)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.