Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have received (affirmative) notification one way or the other. So far appears to be only renewals and no new qualifiers.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification, please use GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why? for questions about how and when further selections will be made and posting of stats for feedback.

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/2M Miles, AA 1M Miles

Okay folks, has anyone received their letter yet?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, SQ PPS, CX Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Silver
No, but I never have...
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
No, but I never have...
+1
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by Singapore_Schwing
No, but I never have...
+2 I don't think I've ever got any sort of "you made it" letter or email in the 7 years I've been GS. The only notification I've gotten is by looking on-line, asking an agent, or getting the kit in the mail (the last few years just the later).
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kwb007
Okay folks, has anyone received their letter yet?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2014-a.html
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:32 am

New member to the forum - what an awesome resource!

I hope I can get GS this year too for the first time.

Sorry for the newbie question but how do folks figure out their "stats" esp like qualifying dollars? I can readily find my PQM. And what is BIS?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:52 am

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I just looked back in my email and have received an email notifying me of my GS status each of the past 5 years. Last year's email notifying me of GS came on 12/20.

Nothing yet this year but with just under $95K PQD and ~800K PQMs I'm not worried in the least.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:24 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kenhorne
New member to the forum - what an awesome resource!

I hope I can get GS this year too for the first time.

Sorry for the newbie question but how do folks figure out their "stats" esp like qualifying dollars? I can readily find my PQM. And what is BIS?
BIS -- Butt in Seat miles are actual miles traveled with any bonus. Not summarized on the UA site but easily calculated by summary base miles as posted for each segment.

Suggest reviewing recent posts in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2014-a.html

Moderator Note

Not clear if it is best to merge in the master 2014 GS thread or leave as an stand alone thread. It this can stand as a notification only thread, may make sense to have separate. But other discussion of GS benefits or qualification levels or .... should be in the master thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
BIS -- Butt in Seat miles are actual miles traveled with any bonus. Not summarized on the UA site but easily calculated by summary base miles as posted for each segment.

Suggest reviewing recent posts in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-q-2014-a.html

Moderator Note

Not clear if it is best to merge in the master 2014 GS thread or leave as an stand alone thread. It this can stand as a notification only thread, may make sense to have separate. But other discussion of GS benefits or qualification levels or .... should be in the master thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
If you don't mind, I'd like to keep this as a notification only thread. I'm curious on when people start to get their packages.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kenn0223
+2 I don't think I've ever got any sort of "you made it" letter or email in the 7 years I've been GS. The only notification I've gotten is by looking on-line, asking an agent, or getting the kit in the mail (the last few years just the later).
Sorry, should have been more clear...the letter is in the luggage tag kit. Mine didn't show up until mid-January last year and only after I called. The only-line card that you can reprint from UA website didn't update until Feb. I'm hoping UA gets them out a bit sooner this year.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by kwb007
Sorry, should have been more clear...the letter is in the luggage tag kit. Mine didn't show up until mid-January last year and only after I called. The only-line card that you can reprint from UA website didn't update until Feb. I'm hoping UA gets them out a bit sooner this year.
IME the last 3-4 years the kits have always come in late January (sometimes after the 1/31 program year end). I know there are reports of others getting theirs in December but it hasn't happened to me (UA, pmUA, or pmCO). Frankly, I don't really use anything in the kit anyways. Seems like a waste of paper & plastic. I'm not really sure where you need the card any more, all the *A partners I've encountered in the last few years have been fine with the notation on the BP (even the once hard nosed LH).
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I and several of my work colleagues all received the notification e-mail last year on 20 December.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: UA MP 1K 1MM
In 2013 the "we are sorry to say that we will not be extending you an invitation for Global Services in 2014" exit passes were received by some unfortunates on December 20/21. This week I received reliable information that at least one of the Asia Pacific offices is able to confirm nominations for corporate customers. Not sure how long it will take for those to come through. I know of two GS who were denied in December 2013 by MP/GS-Central but re-instated in January through corporate nominations.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

Moderator Note

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
I'd like to see it stand alone as a separate thread and not merged with the GS benefits etc thread. There is already too much tangential superfluous chatter in that thread as it is.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by zambonisk
I'd like to see it stand alone as a separate thread and not merged with the GS benefits etc thread. There is already too much tangential superfluous chatter in that thread as it is.
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but for 2015 I'd be happy if the "Will I make it" qualification thread, with the recitation of everyone's numbers and speculation, were separated from a benefits and experiences thread. I think they are both meaty -- and quite distinct -- topics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.