Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 8:34 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Did you get an official denial notice, or just no recognition yet? Hard to believe nearly $70k in PQD ex-CLE wouldn't get it! (Depends on your cpm and your % of UA metal, I suppose, too.) At least you're inches away from lifetime GS.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS, 4.5MM, AA ExPlat, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
denial on mystatus page...my 1K credentials are on then way...
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by PKaiser
Here are my stats:

Lifetime miles = 3,963,113
PQM = 201,138
PQS = 100
PQD = $69,743

My status after years of GS = To recognize your achievement as a 3 Million Miler, you will not fall below Premier 1K status. This status is effective February 1, 2015. Thanks for nothing since I had that status without flying one mile with UA.
Oh come on - this is clearly a rational business decision as UA will save so much money not giving you GS for that last 36887 BIS.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
I am denied as well.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plt
Originally Posted by jjmoore
I am denied as well.
If there is an appeal process, I would submit your stats, if I were in your shoes. They are very similar to Mr. frFF at $43K and 103K BIS. He re-qualifed for the second year out of DEN. Good luck.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Denied as well. 48K PQD (plus 4K of change fees which I know they don't count) and 180K BIS, DEN based.

They really need transparency here - they may make the top 1% of 1Ks happy (although selection seems very random) but the next 5 percent, who spend $25-60K are demoralized and feel like cattle being herded around.

Very disappointing United.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bldr1k
Denied as well. 48K PQD (plus 4K of change fees which I know they don't count) and 180K BIS, DEN based.

They really need transparency here - they may make the top 1% of 1Ks happy (although selection seems very random) but the next 5 percent, who spend $25-60K are demoralized and feel like cattle being herded around.

Very disappointing United.
this is exactly why I don't even try. They either publish what it takes or I am not interested in playing this lottery. The GPU lottery is bad enough, I am not playing a $10k game when I can fly much superior airlines for often less money.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by MoonlightRain
I'm 2014 Global Services. I see many people posting about their PQD but mine just says $10,000+ I know that I'm well over $50,000 but I have no way of finding the number. Can someone advise me on how to do this? Much thanks!
Its a manual process by looking at your qrtly statements. They are easily found on the Mileage Plus website and quickly calculated. To get your BIS just add up the United flights only without adding in any bonuses miles etc. That's what UA cares about
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
I was told I would be contacted in a couple of weeks on the appeal -- I think the 1k packets being sent out are PRE-application for assessment as my packet being sent seems to have been BEFORE the referral to GS for review. I think someone said it was by zipcode, and I think most people get an email denial correct?

If I don't get it. I think I will do the normal 1k thing, and then the rest on LH (I can make Hon Circle) on 7 F trips a year and that has value to me. Too bad United doesn't get that by being opaque about the requirements it penalizes them in the long run. I am not leaving, but shifting most of my premium travel away from UA...
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ratteree
Its a manual process by looking at your qrtly statements. They are easily found on the Mileage Plus website and quickly calculated. To get your BIS just add up the United flights only without adding in any bonuses miles etc. That's what UA cares about
Just look at recent activity, or statements on the top right of the screen. It shows you your PQD total and the PQD of every flight.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by philfna
I was told I would be contacted in a couple of weeks on the appeal -- I think the 1k packets being sent out are PRE-application for assessment as my packet being sent seems to have been BEFORE the referral to GS for review. I think someone said it was by zipcode, and I think most people get an email denial correct?

If I don't get it. I think I will do the normal 1k thing, and then the rest on LH (I can make Hon Circle) on 7 F trips a year and that has value to me. Too bad United doesn't get that by being opaque about the requirements it penalizes them in the long run. I am not leaving, but shifting most of my premium travel away from UA...
If you can do LF F that much, you'd be crazy to spend anything but the min necessary to make 1K!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS, 4.5MM, AA ExPlat, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thumbs up Appeal worked

Appeal worked :-)...GS for 2015
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PKaiser
Appeal worked :-)...GS for 2015
It is mystifying how they could have missed that the first time. Really throws into doubt the logic of this entire process. Monkeys throwing darts.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Kacee
It is mystifying how they could have missed that the first time. Really throws into doubt the logic of this entire process. Monkeys throwing darts.
I think UA just likes the idea of making people beg for things they otherwise deserve.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by frontrangeFF
If there is an appeal process, I would submit your stats, if I were in your shoes. They are very similar to Mr. frFF at $43K and 103K BIS. He re-qualifed for the second year out of DEN. Good luck.
Already done... no word yet.... probably another week or two before they get back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.