Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: 1MM, UA 1k
Originally Posted by PKaiser
Appeal worked :-)...GS for 2015
How long did it take you to hear back?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
No luck for me. IAH Based.
160173 PQM
109,512 BIS
$42,267 PQD
.39 CPM
What is the Link for reconsideration? The one I found upthread leads to a 404 error. Can’t hurt to try. If they extrapolate my last 2 qtrs, I would be a shoe-in as I spent over $22K in q4 alone.

I found the new link for 2015 GS Review

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...omoCode=TB2M17

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 13, 2015 at 2:35 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K / Hilton Diamond
Past the 'deadlines', and no response. Any others still in Limbo?

Hi all. First time 1K (long time platinum) with the following stats in 2014:
PQD: $44.6K
PQS: 119.5
PQM: 135K
BIS: 118K
CPM: .376
CLE Based

I know I'm likely near the bubble. No initial word, so I hit up the "offer" screen, and asked for reconsideration on Jan 6th. 12th came, no word. 15th came, no word.

Has everyone gotten a Yes/No from the reconsideration site, or are others still awaiting review?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tsrail
Hi all. First time 1K (long time platinum) with the following stats in 2014:
PQD: $44.6K
PQS: 119.5
PQM: 135K
BIS: 118K
CPM: .376
CLE Based

I know I'm likely near the bubble. No initial word, so I hit up the "offer" screen, and asked for reconsideration on Jan 6th. 12th came, no word. 15th came, no word.

Has everyone gotten a Yes/No from the reconsideration site, or are others still awaiting review?
I submitted my reconsideration on the 13th. No word yet.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Submitted mine on Jan 5 and still nothing here. Has anyone heard anything back after submitting a reconsideration bid?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: UA GS & 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club, Global Entry/Nexus
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Submitted mine on Jan 5 and still nothing here. Has anyone heard anything back after submitting a reconsideration bid?
I submitted mine January 5th as well and have not received anything directly. I did call MP the other day and they said that I would be receiving a GS challenge for $15K PQD spend in 90 days starting Feb 1. They said notices have not gone out yet but probably will closer to the end of the month.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by MikeNice
I submitted mine January 5th as well and have not received anything directly. I did call MP the other day and they said that I would be receiving a GS challenge for $15K PQD spend in 90 days starting Feb 1. They said notices have not gone out yet but probably will closer to the end of the month.
That sounds good.... I hope I fall into that boat too.

It's too bad that I have a $3,000 day on Jan 30.... wish that could count towards the challenge.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: UA GS & 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club, Global Entry/Nexus
That sounds good.... I hope I fall into that boat too.

It's too bad that I have a $3,000 day on Jan 30.... wish that could count towards the challenge.
I have ~$6K in PQD in January that won't count either, go figure. Maybe UA thinking is that you are already getting the prior year's benefit of GS in Jan and wants "new money" to re-qualify. That thinking wouldn't surprise me.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by MikeNice
I have ~$6K in PQD in January that won't count either, go figure. Maybe UA thinking is that you are already getting the prior year's benefit of GS in Jan and wants "new money" to re-qualify. That thinking wouldn't surprise me.
Doesn't matter now. I got the denial email... no challenge. Looks like I am going to cancel my refundable TPAC and book with ANA... they have a very nice J experience. UA is going to lose my TATL's this summer to LX or LH.... I'd rather fly the best than to stick with UA for the purpose of achieving GS (last year's failed strategy). $45K PQD, 101K BIS is not enough apparently.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I got the denial email but when I called UA to double check they told me no decision has been made yet and to allow for 10 days after request was made.

So maybe the denial emails were sent by accident...
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:48 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't matter now. I got the denial email... no challenge. Looks like I am going to cancel my refundable TPAC and book with ANA... they have a very nice J experience. UA is going to lose my TATL's this summer to LX or LH.... I'd rather fly the best than to stick with UA for the purpose of achieving GS (last year's failed strategy). $45K PQD, 101K BIS is not enough apparently.
You might want to double-check; looks like UA IT sent out several denial emails in error.

Just what UA want's to do with customers they already somewhat alienated.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Ari
You might want to double-check; looks like UA IT sent out several denial emails in error.
250 of them, according to a post in one of the three current threads on this subject. Link.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
250 of them, according to a post in one of the three current threads on this subject. Link.
It sounds like quite a few of those were for those that were accepted into GS unknowingly before submitting a reconsideration... based on what I have read in these forums so far.....

I, however, was not chosen in UA's "natural selection" process. I doubt I am one of those 250.... well... maybe I shouldn't doubt, but I feel it is not likely, especially since I was not chosen outright, and I simply received a declination notice in the email yesterday.... with that clarification, it is less likely that a mistake in my case (as much as I hate to say that).....

Last edited by jjmoore; Jan 20, 2015 at 12:18 pm Reason: A bit of clarification
Old Jan 20, 2015, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
It sounds like quite a few of those were for those that were accepted into GS that sent a reconsideration before being converted on the mystatus page.

I, however, never had my status change to GS. I doubt I am one of those 250.
I bet the other 249 (apart from the author of that post) do care
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ari

Just what UA want's to do with customers they already somewhat alienated.
Good communication, bad communication, no communication. Seems to be all over the place. I got nothing but crickets on renewal or reconsideration...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.