Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:59 pm

I am a 2 year GS, and last year barely flew enough miles to reach 1K (101,867 miles). I didn't keep track of spend, but it is probably about $25K in mostly Y/J/C class fares.

Here is what the mystatus.united.com webpage says when logging in:

We are still finalizing our Global Services℠ invitations for 2015. Please check back after January 12. Reserved for our top-tier Premier members, Global Services status is based on many criteria, most notably how your flight activity compares to others'. This exclusivity helps us deliver the best possible service to our very best customers.

So although I clearly made 1K, it looks like they are still making decisions for people like me who are on the cusp. Good luck to everyone

Last edited by sgopal2; Jan 6, 2015 at 1:00 pm Reason: edit
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by ew6050
Although I am based out of San Francisco... so many people seem to spend about half of what we do and get global services....
I think the key here is your home base. GS is believed to be offered to the top 1% (or so) in each market. Otherwise they'd clump up in big cities and SFO in particular. It's tough to make GS in SFO. You can probably spend half or less out of Moline and still be in that market's top 1%.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Still nada... wonder if these are the final round of notifications. I'm definitely starting to worry. $40,000 PQD on UA metal ($0.42/BIS) / $44,000 PQD ($0.44/BIS) on 016.... would be a shame to miss.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, Marriot Gold
Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

Nothing yet...

PQD: 51k
PQM: 151k
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:53 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Folks, there's still a week in UA's stated timeline, and then you can always ask for a review after that... I wouldn't panic just yet.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:39 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
With this next round of acceptances -- please post the acceptance in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ions-only.html -- please don't double post in this thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: United - GS, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Gold
Have been GS for 2 years in a row, had a slow year at work last year and most likely won't requalify (didn't qualify for 1K either!).

Question for the group.. if the wrong place to ask, please delete... does United do soft landings? I've heard some people say they will only drop GS people that didn't requalify 1 level, but also think that may just be a rumor. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

This year looks to be a banner year for travel again, so would love to keep some of the perks as a 1K if possible...

Originally Posted by exerda
Folks, there's still a week in UA's stated timeline, and then you can always ask for a review after that... I wouldn't panic just yet.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by lcnyc123
Have been GS for 2 years in a row, had a slow year at work last year and most likely won't requalify (didn't qualify for 1K either!).

Question for the group.. if the wrong place to ask, please delete... does United do soft landings? I've heard some people say they will only drop GS people that didn't requalify 1 level, but also think that may just be a rumor. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!

This year looks to be a banner year for travel again, so would love to keep some of the perks as a 1K if possible...
They did for me after I had a year where I only traveled less than 30k miles after being GS. YMMV as that was a few years ago.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Catered by me instead of FBO (semi retired)
Just incredulous how I missed it with 65k and 163k BIS...UGH
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:10 pm

Programs: United GS, Starwood Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
Question How to find PQD

I'm 2014 Global Services. I see many people posting about their PQD but mine just says $10,000+ I know that I'm well over $50,000 but I have no way of finding the number. Can someone advise me on how to do this? Much thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA GS / 1MM; SPG Platinum; Hertz Gold; Global Entry / NEXUS
Originally Posted by philfna
Just incredulous how I missed it with 65k and 163k BIS...UGH
You seem like a prime candidate for a successful review. Good luck.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:29 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by honestdrop
You seem like a prime candidate for a successful review. Good luck.
How much was on UA metal? If the majority was, I would agree.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:22 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MoonlightRain
I'm 2014 Global Services. I see many people posting about their PQD but mine just says $10,000+ I know that I'm well over $50,000 but I have no way of finding the number. Can someone advise me on how to do this? Much thanks!
If you not exempt from PDQ due to mailing address, then you used to be able to go to you account detials and then "View activity since my last statement" and it was at the top of the page. Unfortunately the top of page data is now only 2005 numbers.

You can still get the Q3 statement and adding the Q4 data that is displayed or wait until the Q4 statement is posted.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by SEAflyer747
Requalified for 2nd year - roughly:
$40K PQD (around $12K of this on 016 LH tix)
50 PQS
150K PQM
Interesting, i did not re-qualify. The 016 vs UA metal "mystery" continues. Where are you based?

My stats.
PQM: 125,390
PQD: 48,667 (around 14k of this 016 Code share with ANA)
BIS: 92,568
CPM: 0.526

Will have to ask for a review. UA only has one metal flight to Tokyo and 2 ANA codeshare with better times.EWR based.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by JustinLacy
First time I've even gotten close...

100,103 PQM
~50K spend
97K of the miles and about $47K were six trans-Atlantic flights in BusinessFirst (Z class or "higher). Only other trip was domestic (paid 1st class, not an upgrade). All out of IAH. Last trip (one of the six trans-Atlantic ones) ended Dec 21. 99% of the miles were United planes. A couple were short code-share hops in Europe.

Didn't travel much for about five years until 2103, and only had about 35K PQM that year.

When I look at mystatus web site, it shows 1K status, but I don't see anything about checking back on Jan 12. Where does that show up, when it does? Does this mean I've already been crossed off the list, and my only hope is to ask for reconsideration?

Thanks.
So based on comments from others...

My BIS is about 67K miles. At about $50K total, that means my CPM is a fraction over $.74/mile. Seems like I pay quite a bit per mile compared to others. Do I have a chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.