Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is for those that have not received affirmative notification of 2015 GS notification. So far appears to be only renewals and not new qualifiers. Question about how and when further selections will be made and posting of status for feedback is appropriate for this thread.
For checking 2015 elite status and membership kit shipment status, see mystatus.united.con
For posting actual GS notifications please use Global Services 2015 Notifications (ONLY)

For general discussion of GS benefits and what is need for qualification, please use Consolidated Global Services Thread - Qualifications, Benefits and Q & A [2015]

This multi-thread approach is because a few members have asked for this separation to see if some trends / criteria for section can be determined.
Print Wikipost

GS 2015 -- No Word Yet / Still waiting / Why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jjmoore
It sounds like quite a few of those were for those that were accepted into GS unknowingly before submitting a reconsideration... based on what I have read in these forums so far.....

I, however, was not chosen in UA's "natural selection" process. I doubt I am one of those 250.... well... maybe I shouldn't doubt, but I feel it is not likely, especially since I was not chosen outright, and I simply received a declination notice in the email yesterday.... with that clarification, it is less likely that a mistake in my case (as much as I hate to say that).....
Last thing - I'd call and ask for the challenge. I keep saying "I'd be shocked..." so I won't say Id be shocked if they didn't offer it to you but it seems strange at the very least.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
Originally Posted by KevinPK1
Good communication, bad communication, no communication. Seems to be all over the place. I got nothing but crickets on renewal or reconsideration...
Here is the mail from United today...

Welcome to Global Services

Dear xxx,

Yesterday you were sent an email in error regarding your 2015 Global ServicesSM status. We want to apologize for any confusion this may have caused and reassure you that the email you recently received from Jeff Smisek welcoming you to Global Services was correct. Your benefits will go uninterrupted through January 31, 2016 and your Global Services credentials will arrive soon. As a reminder, you can go online to mystatus.united.com to learn more about your benefits.

Thank you again for your commitment and exceptional loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you with our highest level of service in the coming year.

Best regards,
Your Global Services Team
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bennettb
Here is the mail from United today...

Welcome to Global Services

Dear xxx,

Yesterday you were sent an email in error regarding your 2015 Global ServicesSM status. We want to apologize for any confusion this may have caused and reassure you that the email you recently received from Jeff Smisek welcoming you to Global Services was correct. Your benefits will go uninterrupted through January 31, 2016 and your Global Services credentials will arrive soon. As a reminder, you can go online to mystatus.united.com to learn more about your benefits.

Thank you again for your commitment and exceptional loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you with our highest level of service in the coming year.

Best regards,
Your Global Services Team
Well you are one of the lucky ones.... Some of us don't even get the respect of a yay or nay email. Not for renewal, not for reconsideration. Nada. I have been GS for 5 years (including CO Presidential Plat) and this is a slap in the face this year. My commitment and my exceptional loyalty is certainly NOT being recognized...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Skacorica
Last thing - I'd call and ask for the challenge. I keep saying "I'd be shocked..." so I won't say Id be shocked if they didn't offer it to you but it seems strange at the very least.
Called MP yesterday afternoon in response to this message... they told me that there is nothing they can do from the standpoint of enrolling me in the challenge. In fact, I was told on 2 separate phone calls that MP (via the 1k line) has no knowledge of the GS process, selection process, or the emails that have ben circulating. They were, however, able to send a new reconsideration request. Not banking much hope on this.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
I am still trying to figure out the approximate cut-off

Does everyone on this thread have an opinion? There are various threads related to GS. It seem like everyone who spent at least $50k n 2014 made GS, and unfortunately people who spent in the mid $40's did not. I have not studied every thread, but does it appear like the cut-off turned out to be around$48k?
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JB123
Does everyone on this thread have an opinion? There are various threads related to GS. It seem like everyone who spent at least $50k n 2014 made GS, and unfortunately people who spent in the mid $40's did not. I have not studied every thread, but does it appear like the cut-off turned out to be around$48k?
That conclusion is not supported by the reports. Some with spend in the $50 and $60k range were denied, while some with spend in the high $30 to mid $40k range were accepted.

There is no absolute cut-off, above which all were accepted and below which all were denied.

UA does not publish its criteria and there appears to be a significant degree of subjectivity.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JB123
Your home city plays a big role in determining the "cut-off"
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
That conclusion is not supported by the reports. Some with spend in the $50 and $60k range were denied, while some with spend in the high $30 to mid $40k range were accepted.

There is no absolute cut-off, above which all were accepted and below which all were denied.

UA does not publish its criteria and there appears to be a significant degree of subjectivity.
GS does not hide the fact that they place more consideration to those who consistently purchase premium (business/first) cabin tickets. Perhaps airport location plays a role too. Not sure. So someone that spends $50K in all coach vs. someone with $30K all in FC makes a difference to UA. They use this as a gauge for your current spending activity and potential future activity. But who really knows... Just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LP, Hertz Gold
I know a fella who books full Y all the time, never F or J and is GS. Three years straight. Talked to him almost every week in F though, lol. Me, just an avg 1K in E+.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
I know a fella who books full Y all the time, never F or J and is GS. Three years straight. Talked to him almost every week in F though, lol. Me, just an avg 1K in E+.
Y is VERY expensive and more then buying P or A. I have no idea why anyone would buy Y...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium

I ended up over over 50K and didn't make it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by ZZYZXROAD
They consider Y as premium - even more than probably P or A. Instant upgrade of course.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by bldr1k
Y is VERY expensive and more then buying P or A. I have no idea why anyone would buy Y...
Exactly - except if you need fully refundable which is Y fare. Try buying a fully refundable F class... Ouch.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:35 pm

This discussion is diverging toward the qualification thread. That being said, this years guidelines seems to be much closer to 50k+ with almost all premium/refundable fares.

The only 30k-45ks I have seen have been renewals...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by KevinPK1
Exactly - except if you need fully refundable which is Y fare. Try buying a fully refundable F class... Ouch.
You don't have to buy Y to be fully refundable. I just bought my wife a fully refundable U class the other day.

I do agree refundable F's are....interesting to look at at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.