Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
There is zero ET award space showing on UA.com?
glitch? or something new?
All ET award space disappeared from United.com at exactly midnight this morning Addis time. I was doing some searches with plenty of availability and then suddenly every single flight on every single day disappeared while I was mid-search. It's happened before and will usually resolve in a day or two. The space is still showing available through other *A programs and on ExpertFlyer.
Old May 11, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by B747-437B
All ET award space disappeared from United.com at exactly midnight this morning Addis time. I was doing some searches with plenty of availability and then suddenly every single flight on every single day disappeared while I was mid-search. It's happened before and will usually resolve in a day or two. The space is still showing available through other *A programs and on ExpertFlyer.
it disappears hours before you did, maybe my account is based in Japan?
Old May 11, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: Clubcarlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire AMB etc.
Not showing up on ANA website as well as Lifemiles
Old May 12, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by shocky
Not showing up on ANA website as well as Lifemiles
I issued an ET award via LifeMiles website just about an hour ago (same one I was trying to do via United earlier without success), so it is definitely available through that channel right now.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:09 pm

still dont see it at united.com
Old May 14, 2017, 9:23 am

Any update on this? Did United and ET cut ties?
Old May 14, 2017, 11:44 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by gvanhouten
Any update on this? Did United and ET cut ties?
These loss of "connectivity / availability" happen from time to time between the partners. Some IT change on either side may be the cause. Usually restored in a few weeks. The fact this is occurring for more than UA MP, suggests the issue is on ET's side -- only time will tell if it is a glitch or policy change.
Old May 15, 2017, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
These loss of "connectivity / availability" happen from time to time between the partners. Some IT change on either side may be the cause. Usually restored in a few weeks. The fact this is occurring for more than UA MP, suggests the issue is on ET's side -- only time will tell if it is a glitch or policy change.
still stuck....
Old May 17, 2017, 11:31 pm

Still not showing up on UA or ANA. Any thoughts on who to contact? Or if I know a valid routing (availability seemed unlimited before for the ADD routes I was looking at before) I could call UA and still get it booked?
Old May 17, 2017, 11:52 pm

Looking at flights on ET's site, even regular non-awards bookings in July/Aug have suddenly become quite expensive. Routes that are in the $500 range May/June are coming up at $2500 July/Aug

Ive spent a lot of time on the phone with reps in the past week, and none have been able to find the availability for me on ET. all gone.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Gold
If ET awards with UA miles are gone then I have only one option to get to and from JRO for a Tanzania safari vacation, Turkish. I really want to avoid having to connect through IST. This would really be a shame. If ET its no longer going to offer award seats then they should be dropped from *A.
Old May 19, 2017, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by susiesan
If ET its no longer going to offer award seats then they should be dropped from *A.
ET is offering plenty of award seats and you can book those via virtually every other *A program. It is United who aren't making the ET seats available via their website. I ticketed an ET award using Lifemiles just last week (after the issues with UA started).
Old May 19, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold
ET is offering plenty of award seats and you can book those via virtually every other *A program. It is United who aren't making the ET seats available via their website. I ticketed an ET award using Lifemiles just last week (after the issues with UA started).
I will need to redeem UA miles. I have none in any other plan that partners with ET. If ET award seats don't become available to UA members again I will have to use TK for flying to Tanzania.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by susiesan
I will need to redeem UA miles. I have none in any other plan that partners with ET. If ET award seats don't become available to UA members again I will have to use TK for flying to Tanzania.
TK is a far better airline than ET.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last year I flew TK and ET on the same itinerary and TK was way better. First time I've been severed food by a Chef on a flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.