Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ethiopian Airlines (ET) award questions / experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by fzwinter
There would be a three hour layover in NBO plus the flying time after 19 hours of flying, so I'm reluctant to add on any more time to the trip. Do you think that ET would be able to cancel the existing ADD-NBO leg (retaining the ORD-ADD leg) to allow me to then book ADD-JRO?
The ticket was issued by UA, not ET, so you’re at the mercy of UA pulling this off. Frankly, I would not count on that working since you’d still need them to cancel the ORD-NBO itinerary and replace it with ORD-ADD. If they can’t rebook it as ORD-JRO then I’m not sure they could do ORD-ADD, either.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
The ticket was issued by UA, not ET, so you’re at the mercy of UA pulling this off. Frankly, I would not count on that working since you’d still need them to cancel the ORD-NBO itinerary and replace it with ORD-ADD. If they can’t rebook it as ORD-JRO then I’m not sure they could do ORD-ADD, either.
Thanks for the info. I found an outbound two days earlier ATL-ADD-JRO in biz with the same amount of miles, so I think I'll just change to those flights and avoid all of the other hassles. Had to work hard to find a return flight two days earlier to fit my itinerary but, thanks to the old ITA Matrix and some old tricks I was able to find something suitable. I appreciate everyone's suggestions.
coolbeans202 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Dont take this as gospel, but I cancelled three different times for YYZ-ADD for this summer as we couldnt make up our minds on the day we wanna go, and every time it went back into inventory right away. Same happened to ADD-JNB, and ADD-NOS, all returned right away.

However, I booked a new ticket for the day before/after before cancelling just to have backup in case they didnt.

And also, remember ET only seems to release one seat at a time, but as soon you book one, then one more becomes available.

Just tried , did not work out. booked one ticket, but don’t see new availabiltly. I will wait for couple more hours
Old Mar 3, 2024, 4:37 am

Is ET known for last minute award availability?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:59 am

I've been seeing a bunch of availability on ET via AC and SAS that is not showing up on United - I haven't been looking for long, so I can't tell if this is new or if ET has always stratified availability between partners. Anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.