Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 6, 2014, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhyPayRent
As of Dec 4, 2014, up to 2 Jan 31 2015 expiring GPUs can be extended to April 30, 2015
- Call or email 1K/GS agents to request
- Must have re-qualified for 2015 as 1K (or GS)
- No extension for RPUs

In past this must be done prior to expiration, would assume the same this time also.
Print Wikipost

[CONFIRMED] GPU's expiring on Jan, 31 2015 will be extended (max 2 GPU'S)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA GS & Million Miler, AA Lifetime Gold (MM)
I called in last week and extended two of them to April. No issues at all.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
No love with 1Kvoice

Sent an E to 1Kvoice this morning (traveling, and seemed easier at the moment); just got a reply saying they would not be extended past the original expiration date.

Will call MP tomorrow and hopefully get better results.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JetAway
Try calling MP CS rather than emailing.
Yes, apparently MPSC got the memo, while 1kvoice did not.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K
update: got an email this morning saying they were extending them to April 20, 2015.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:03 pm

Global Upgrades

thank you all. i don't know that i would have know that i could extend some of my hubbys GPU's unless i used this web page. invaluable information. thanks again (they allowed 2 and they wanted to know if he had requalified for 1k for this year)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, EL Al ???, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just spoke with a regular rep (not MPSC) was told there is no extension policy this year... Another reason to leave UA, they can't even standardize policies.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ElieW
Just spoke with a regular rep (not MPSC) was told there is no extension policy this year... .
It has been regularity noted that Reservation Agents may have not been trained on this & many other FF benefits and one should always be going to MPSC for these types of request.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 1.6MM, AA LT PLT, AA 2.6MM, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ElieW
Just spoke with a regular rep (not MPSC) was told there is no extension policy this year... Another reason to leave UA, they can't even standardize policies.
You need to have them call MPSC. They're the only ones empowered to do this. I just did it today for 2 GPUs extended to 4/30/15.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:18 pm

GPU extension following failed January waitlist?

Played the GPU "lottery" on SFO-ICN yesterday and failed. I know I've seen at least one report of extended GPUs in that circumstance, but I'm wondering if there are any recent experiences. (I didn't requalify for 1K, so do not qualify for the general GPU extension program.) I have an LHR trip in Feb that I'd love to be able to use my two now-redeposited GPUs on.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
As I understand it, they won't extend it if you did not qualify for 1K, but it's certainly worth a try.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA,Marriott
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Played the GPU "lottery" on SFO-ICN yesterday and failed. I know I've seen at least one report of extended GPUs in that circumstance, but I'm wondering if there are any recent experiences. (I didn't requalify for 1K, so do not qualify for the general GPU extension program.) I have an LHR trip in Feb that I'd love to be able to use my two now-redeposited GPUs on.
mgcsinc, I am sorry and surprised that you did not requalify for 1K. I have followed this Forum for a long time as a reader, and just joined FT as a contributor. I have always enjoyed your posts. Perhaps not requalifying as a 1K was your choice, perhaps not.

Is it worth a call to the 1K desk during the week to see if your 2 GPUs may be extended? Any chance you can ask for 1K status for next year (if you want it) based upon your long past history? Others have reported success in having their status extended after calling in to request it. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Last edited by DreamlinerFlyer; Jan 18, 2015 at 3:40 pm
Old Jan 18, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I've never heard of United extending a GPU to a non-requalifier, and nothing personal, but I hope they don't do it. It would make expirations have very little meaning.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I've never heard of United extending a GPU to a non-requalifier, and nothing personal, but I hope they don't do it. It would make expirations have very little meaning.
Are you saying they should not extend any or just ones for non-qualifiers? If they extend any it makes expirations meaningless.

Not saying they should or shouldn't.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Exactly the opposite sentiment. Both in this specific instance (I hope the do it) and in general (they should do it). UA has made it too difficult for those without extremely flexible travel schedules to successfully use their GPUs.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:19 pm

And how exactly is the effect on the effectiveness of the expiration date improved by limiting it to requalifiers?

Look, I tried my hardest to use the blasted things, it's not like I just sat on them and now want an extension. But when you fail the waitlist in mid-January, it basically means you're SOL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.