Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AA Solicitation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I think matching to AA would be better because of their generous policy with the systemwides - you make the challenge, you earn all eight.
I think I'll do this towards the end of the year, as I have a ton of travel already booked on UA in the first half of the year I doubt I'd re-qualify as EXP for 2015.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by franzose
And this tells me what exactly?
Just trying to be helpful and to point out that when you call them, you have to ask for the challenge desk. You're welcome.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Originally Posted by alex_b
Do we know when the US and AA progammes will merge and how the match will happen. I wonder if matching to US and then merging into AA would work?
I think matching to AA would be better because of their generous policy with the systemwides - you make the challenge, you earn all eight.
Worth mentioning that the available 1K to EXP match requires 25k elite qualifying points. Low fares only earn .5 points per mile, while J/F and premium economy fares on JV partners earn 1.5 points per mile. So, either fly 50k low fare miles in 3 months or fly 25k mid-fare or 12.5k premium miles or a combination. Regardless, prepare to pay for it unless you book a lot of J/F to begin with.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: LH Miles & More
Just got the following answer from AAdvantage mentioning this targeted promotion:

Dear franzose,

Thank you for contacting AAdvantage® Customer Service.

We understand your eagerness to attain AAdvantage Platinum®
membership. However, we do not offer a 'challenge' to reach
Platinum status more quickly. In fairness to those members who have
earned their status, we expect that members will meet the stated
criteria in order to receive the benefits and recognition of this level.
In order to deliver consistently the personalized service and valuable
benefits that are inherent to the AAdvantage Executive Platinum program,
we must limit membership.

We do offer a 'fast-track' to Gold status if you are interested. For
details on this, please contact your local American Airlines office,
then ask about attaining your desired elite status within three months.
For your convenience, a listing of our international Web sites (along
with the local telephone number) can be found at
www.aa.com/international. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you for participating in the AAdvantage program. We appreciate
your business.

Regards,

Andrew N.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: LH Miles & More
After quoting the original e-mail from page 1, I now got the following reply:

Dear franzose,

Thanks for your response.

The offer your colleague received is a special targeted offer sent to a
limited number of AAdvantage members, based on a variety of criteria.
While the offer is only available to those customers who received an
email from American Airlines directly, please be assured that this does
not detract from your value to us as an AAdvantage member.

We appreciate your business very much and hope to have the opportunity
to welcome you aboard again soon.

Regards,

Andrew N.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
So, I do not think that anyone will get this offer if he/she was not targeted in a first place.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:02 pm

By Invitation Only

Got a bit excited when I saw the "By Invitation Only" e-mail from USAir. But it was for 250 miles for like a survey reply.

I have an extensive travel history on USAir, elite for many years including Chairmans. Traveled six segments from Sept to Dec that I credited to United. They recognized my status and boarded with group 1.

I hope that USAir makes a status match offer after they leave Star on March 31.

I am ready to move most of my travel to the new American. In April and May I will see what Delta and American can offer for me to make the move.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 3:22 am

Programs: AADULtArer
While the offer is only available to those customers who received an
email from American Airlines directly, please be assured that this does
not detract from your value to us as an AAdvantage member.
Airline-speak at its best.....
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:46 pm

New AA Solicitation

So I got the AA platinum offer. I am silver on UAL. I called mileage plus to ask if they would match the offer. No way was the answer. Looks like United wants me to switch to American just as much as AA does. But then considering what UAL has done to the travel experience over the last few years, I guess I didn't need this experience to reach that conclusion!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Bringing this thread back. I just received another solicitation from American for complimentary Platinum status through the end of the year, and Platinum through Feb 2016 if I fly 12k miles from Sept 22 through the end of the year.

I received an offer for Gold last year. Anyone other UA folks get this? My offer came via snail mail. Short thread over on the pre-merger AA forum.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Bringing this thread back. I just received another solicitation from American for complimentary Platinum status through the end of the year, and Platinum through Feb 2016 if I fly 12k miles from Sept 22 through the end of the year.
That's a steal if you can knock it out!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by gobluetwo

I received an offer for Gold last year. Anyone other UA folks get this? My offer came via snail mail. Short thread over on the pre-merger AA forum.
This *does* sound like a good deal! I wonder if AA will start to experience the too-many-elites syndrome we've all seen at United since the merger. My routes do not make me a good candidate to switch (and I'm reasonably happy at UA now), but if I were at ORD I'd take a look for sure.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
thats a great deal, i wish i could get such an offer. i have not heard anything from AA (not surprising since my account has zero miles in it and i bank AA to AS). starting on a DL plat challenge on October 10th.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I would love to be able to knock that out, but alas, my travel through the end of the year is such that I'll be very close to making Platinum on UA again with no buffer to put miles to AA.

The question I have to ask myself, I guess, is if AA Plat + UA Gold > UA Plat only. Given my travel, probably go with the latter, as I value UA Plat far more than UA Gold, and I honestly don't think I'd have enough miles or travel on AA to make Plat status worth it there.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Got the offer for Gold, although was soft-landed to Gold last year and nothing this year. Had 1 flight credited to AA. 6,500 EQM to retain Gold through 2/2016.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
In my experience, UA will give you a 90 day 1-K match if you are EXP, but you have to fly 36,000 MILES to get it extended for either June 30th or Feb.28th depending if its before or after the midpoint of the year. I figured what did I have to lose, and flew 19,000 Elite Qualifying Points on a round trip MIA-EWR-HML-EWR-SDQ (with a EWR-MIA thrown in there.) All, except for the EWR-MIA, were in "A" class which helped tremendously (I think I got 250% credit for EQPoints with UA. You need 17 or 18K to get Platinum Premier, so I had to settle for that or do a mileage run, and that was last March and I have not set food on another UA flight. Just not enough service out of miami. Some flights non-stop to EWR in the AM but that's about it. Too bad, i really like them-they will wait list you for award travel (which AA stopped doing for even EXP's round 4/8/14). Also, they will get a supervisor to override no-inventory availability for a changed schedule, even a couple hours inconvenience fora longer layover, which deal AA stopped doing this year as well. it seems like AA has stopped doing just about any non-published but often successful (like the yield management manual look at a flight that has lots of open seat, just not in the right bucket.)

I so wish I could give UA my business, but with almost 4MM with AA, am pretty stuck with them. I am already planing mileage runs for 2015 prior to end of February so that I can use 3 SWU's and get hopefully 36K by doing a MIA-DFW-Hong Kong round trip twice.) Get to sit on one of 16 777-ER's. The 777-200's and 767-300's are SO in need of refurbishment, and I hear the 767-300 refurbishment is a great improvement. Good luck with getting a challenge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.