FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   New AA Solicitation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1540153-new-aa-solicitation.html)

RJNYC Jan 10, 2014 11:06 am

New AA Solicitation

Didn't see a thread on this ... did anyone else get this?

Hello RJNYC,
AAdvantage® Number: XXXXXX

Elevating your journey is important to us. That's why we're adding an average of one new plane a week to build the most modern fleet among the largest U.S. airlines. To see how we're improving your travel, we're offering you AAdvantage® Gold status through May 31, 2014.

You'll be eligible for elite status benefits including:
25% mileage bonus on eligible flights
Priority check–in and boarding
Two free checked bags
Special upgrade privileges
Complimentary access to Preferred Seats

How about Gold status through February 28, 2015? Simply register, then start flying on American, US Airways or other select airlines* to earn 6,000 elite–qualifying miles or points between January 13 and May 31, 2014. That's all it takes to extend your newfound perks.

As an added bonus, we'll deposit ten 500–mile upgrades into your account just for signing up.

Don't forget to register by January 29, 2014 with promotion code HVFG1.

We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Sincerely,

Suzanne L. Rubin
President
AAdvantage Loyalty Program

uber1K_Flyer Jan 10, 2014 11:11 am

I would to get something like this!

mdobbins Jan 10, 2014 11:12 am

I haven't gotten this email, and what is interesting for me is that I sent an inquiry to Customer Care about a status match/challenge; it has been a week and I haven't gotten a response. I assumed they were swamped with the recent weather....

Maxwell Smart Jan 10, 2014 11:14 am

AA just offered me a Platinum status match

Just received this unsolicited email from AA. Is this new, or did I miss a thread where others have posted this? I have flown exactly ONE flight on AA in many years (MSP-MIA in 2012 in full-Y). Wondering if they did this based on my UA Plat status, or simply as part of the AA/US merger. Either way, sounds pretty nice...

---------
Dear Maxwell Smart,
Elevating your journey is important to us. That's why we're adding an average of one new plane a week to build the most modern fleet among the largest U.S. airlines. To see how we're improving your travel, we're offering you AAdvantage® Platinum status through May 31, 2014.

You'll be eligible for elite status benefits including:

Special upgrade privileges
100% mileage bonus on eligible flights
Complimentary access to Main Cabin Extra and
Preferred Seats
Priority check–in and boarding
Two free checked bags

How about Platinum status through February 28, 2015? Simply register, then start flying on American, US Airways or other select airlines* to earn 12,000 elite–qualifying miles or points between January 13 and May 31, 2014. That's all it takes to extend your newfound perks.

As an added bonus, we'll deposit twenty 500–mile upgrades into your account just for signing up.

Maxwell Smart Jan 10, 2014 11:15 am

Heh, I just started a thread on this, just a few minutes later than the OP!

Mine was for Plat status, and with 20 upgrades.

Assuming that mods will merge them.

flash1129 Jan 10, 2014 11:19 am

I wonder if they're targeting *G members (UA Gold/Plat/1K) that flew a segment on US the past year. Brilliant move by AA.

Maxwell Smart Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am

Originally Posted by flash1129 (Post 22127062)
I wonder if they're targeting *G members (UA Gold/Plat/1K) that flew a segment on US the past year. Brilliant move by AA.

D'oh, that must be it. I had a few US segments last year.

edcho Jan 10, 2014 11:23 am

Poach Poach Poach....

RJNYC Jan 10, 2014 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart (Post 22127030)
Heh, I just started a thread on this, just a few minutes later than the OP!

Mine was for Plat status, and with 20 upgrades.

Assuming that mods will merge them.

What was your promotion code? I was surprised they only offered me gold.

LarkSFO Jan 10, 2014 11:26 am

I like the promo code: HVFG1 :)

Yes I am!

Maxwell Smart Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am

Originally Posted by RJNYC (Post 22127102)
What was your promotion code? I was surprised they only offered me gold.

Same as yours, but a P instead of G!

tom911 Jan 10, 2014 11:59 am

Figure you're saving the fee that's charged for a Platinum challenge (if the AA wiki is up to date that's $240), plus they're letting you qualify on your choice of miles or points. Ordinarily a challenge is strictly points based. Throw in the upgrades and it's a pretty sweet deal. They're opening the door pretty wide to get you to walk in. :)

Tom in the Admiral's Club on the C side at DFW

PV_Premier Jan 10, 2014 12:05 pm

i have flown a ton of US and am 1K on UA -- no love.

uber1K_Flyer Jan 10, 2014 12:11 pm

I wonder how they decided to send these out to people. I got an invitation to go for Gold despite being 1K - so it probably has something to do with mileage on AA or US (although I took 2 business trips on US last year, so ...).

Interesting that the promotion code starts with HVF (high value flyer) - looks like AA cares - shame United doesn't!

tom911 Jan 10, 2014 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by uber1K_Flyer (Post 22127488)
Interesting that the promotion code starts with HVF (high value flyer) - looks like AA cares - shame United doesn't!

I wouldn't say that. Doesn't UA still offer status matches to top tier AA flyers with a minimal amount of flying? It may come with different conditions than the AA status matches that have been out there, but they are a player.