Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AA Solicitation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
hm. 1K, took a fair bit of US segments last year, still nothing. oh well.
Ditto. Took a fair amount of US AND AA segments...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat
1K here - took zero US segments last year (but have the US Barclaycard from a lifetime ago) and took 2 American Eagle flights last year, tho' ticketed on AS stock…

Also have an AA credit card and was Gold/Plat in 2000 - 2002 (and 2009 after a challenge) my email offers Gold...

Wouldn't have seen the email if it hadn't been for this thread - thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Has anyone who previously had status with AA gotten this offer?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Amazing that UA has been too incompetent to do this in return to AA the past year and a half

I've spent a non-trivial $50k or so with AA (almost all premium cabin miles) the past 18 months since they semi-poached me.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Amazing that UA has been too incompetent to do this in return to AA the past year and a half
Hmm, you sound surprised.

Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:09 pm
Used to be MJ-bos

Programs: AA ExecPlat, COdbaUA 1P & 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, Avis 1st
incompetent or uninterested? Remember, they don't value us
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:37 pm
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by IAD22066
Last year, I call them and told them I was 1k (and faxed a copy of the screenshot of my status). They offered me their top status if I flew 25,000 miles within 90 days.

Great offer. But who wants to switch planes in DFW every time you want to go somewhere?
I took them up on the offer last year. One J trip to India covered the challenge.

After years of switching delayed UAX flights in IAD, it is great to switch at DFW where there is skylink, great restaurants with hot food and drinks cheaper than the united club, oh, and GAs who are not ESL and impossible to understand.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA, US, UA
Let's see if they'll be willing to extend the offer to a DL GM who just moved to Miami and might like to switch... goin for PLAT
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Hotels.com WR Silver ;)
I got one of these this fall - I also had a grand total of one segment on AA in the past year (a relatively cheap ORD-TPA at that!).

I got it, booked with them on ORD-LGA during my "trial" Gold and my upgrade even cleared on the return! I considered doing an MR during the trial period but I figured I wouldn't fly with them enough to make the MR worth it, as I only flew about 12000 miles on UA/AA/DL combined this year.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Emailed AA CS this morning asking if they would match the offer for me. Got a quick, though unsatisfying, response back

Basically said "This offer came from our Marketing department. I don't have details on the criteria to be chosen nor contact info for follow up to give you. Thanks for your email."

I'll probably try to call later this week.

If others get a different result, please post to let us know.

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:19 pm
Suspended

I've spent a non-trivial $50k or so with AA (almost all premium cabin miles) the past 18 months since they semi-poached me.
How would UA know that?

American knows United flyers because they can now mine the PNR database of United flyers at US Airways.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wpr8e
How would UA know that?

American knows United flyers because they can now mine the PNR database of United flyers at US Airways.
There was nothing stopping UA from copying the 1K-targeted status match that AA ran so successfully starting in April 2012.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wpr8e
How would UA know that?

Well - with all their vaunted Big Data capabilities, UA could look at all the extra miles I flew (and higher priced tickets I spent) in the 2 years leading up to the merger. All that disappeared. I'm sure there are plenty others like me.

UA continually treats customers as a nuisance and/or ones to be taken for granted post-3/3/12.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
I never recevied this email. I called AA on Friday and they sent me an email asking for proof of 1K as well as 2013 summary of travel. I sent them the information on Friday and I have an approval for conditional Exp Platinum through April 13, 2014. See email below.

Dear DENUAFLIER,

We're eager to help you move your business to American Airlines, especially given your demonstrated ability to meet the standard qualifications of our highest elite tier - AAdvantage Executive Platinum® status. To that end, we're pleased to grant you a one-time trial AAdvantage Executive Platinum®* (oneworld® Emerald) membership, valid through April 13, 2014. Your membership card will arrive within 3 to 5 weeks to the address on your account. We invite you to sample all of the privilege and most of the benefits of this level, including:

-- Complimentary 500-Mile Upgrades (see www.aa.com/500mileupgrades)
-- 100% mileage bonus on base miles for eligible flights
-- Waived AA charges for two checked bags within current size and weight limits
-- PriorityAAccessSM privileges at airport check-in, security and boarding gates

In addition, if you earn 25,000 elite-qualifying points by flying on select airlines** while enjoying this special AAdvantage Executive Platinum status, we will extend your membership through February 28,
2015 and deposit eight (8) one-way Systemwide Upgrades* into your account. For more information about earning elite-qualifying points, visit aa.com/elitestatus at your convenience.

We're here to help, should you have any questions related to this limited offer. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you aboard soon.

Kindest Regards,

AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
There was nothing stopping UA from copying the 1K-targeted status match that AA ran so successfully starting in April 2012.
There was no targeted status match that I was aware of in 2012. It was a open invitation. As a GS, you would think they would have tried to poach me but how would AA know I was GS? I received nothing from them.

Well - with all their vaunted Big Data capabilities, UA could look at all the extra miles I flew (and higher priced tickets I spent) in the 2 years leading up to the merger. All that disappeared. I'm sure there are plenty others like me.

UA continually treats customers as a nuisance and/or ones to be taken for granted post-3/3/12.
Dig data is only valuable if you have the data to analyise. There's no way for UA to know how many tickets you purchased on AA. But AA could pull this information from US Airways' ticket and PNR Database and cross reference with Advantage members. US Airways would at least have your Star Gold status, maybe your MP level but I doubt it. Easy matching logic.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 13, 2014 at 10:30 pm Reason: unnecessary

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.