Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AA Solicitation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
I too am 1k with lots of us air flights last year...but no offer.
They (US air) must have access to your united status...at least to know if you are *G.
Wonder if they know your UA status too.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Executive
I wonder if the email on my AAdvantage account needs to match the email given to US when booking tickets with my UA FF number. How else would they match me to my AAccount?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:06 pm
Used to be 'IAD22066'

Programs: UA 1K AA
Originally Posted by davemflyer
I too am 1k with lots of us air flights last year...but no offer.
They (US air) must have access to your united status...at least to know if you are *G.
Wonder if they know your UA status too.
Last year, I call them and told them I was 1k (and faxed a copy of the screenshot of my status). They offered me their top status if I flew 25,000 miles within 90 days.

Great offer. But who wants to switch planes in DFW every time you want to go somewhere?
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Here we again with another round of dilution status matching for EXPs (for those getting an EXP offer). Upgrades were noticeably tougher the last time they did this, ugh
Old Jan 10, 2014, 10:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by IAD22066
...Great offer. But who wants to switch planes in DFW every time you want to go somewhere?
As opposed to the nightmare labyrinths of EWR or IAH, or the trek from B18 at DEN when on PMCO plane to connect in the "trailers" of the B60s?

:raiseshand:
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Be good to get the EXP version as I am Plat for Life with AA at present.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
I'm signed up to Aadvantage, but I've yet to set foot on one of their planes, different offer:

"Start the New Year right with an upgrade to First Class and enjoy the comfort of international travel. Simply purchase an eligible Business Class ticket up to 21 March 2014 and we'll upgrade you one way to First Class*.

On board our Boeing 777-300 your comforts include fully lie-flat First and Business Class seats all with aisle access. Take our 777 interactive tour.

You can book as many upgrades as you like during the promotional period and you'll also earn AAdvantageŽ bonus miles for the cabin in which you fly.

To take up this offer, book with your travel agent or simply call Reservations 0844 499 7300. (5p a min).

Lie flat and relax — you deserve it."
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: I'll take whatever points I can get...
If anyone has an EXP code I would love to see it I'll be the guinea pig to see if it works
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by jeremywight
If anyone has an EXP code I would love to see it I'll be the guinea pig to see if it works
I tried both the gold and platinum codes because I was not targeted and it actually says you are not eligible.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by alohamiles
I tried both the gold and platinum codes because I was not targeted and it actually says you are not eligible.
Same here. 76k on UA. Had some US segments on US tickets this year credited to UA. Also had some segments on AA credited to AA.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Won Kay
I just sent AA an email requesting a status match and noting this current offer. I simply told them I am a long-time UA 1K and I will be making a number of TATL and TPAC flights in the coming months, and the opportunity to experience UA at the same status level that I enjoy on UA will help me make an apples-to-apples comparison. I seriously hope they give me the match.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by alohamiles
I'm glad to see it's returning that error code. In past years we've had quite a few posts on the AA forum from those that weren't targeted for promotions complaining that they still registered and did not get the benefits they were expecting. Not allowing them to register at all would seem to resolve those types of complaints.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
hm. 1K, took a fair bit of US segments last year, still nothing. oh well.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by cblaisd
As opposed to the nightmare labyrinths of EWR or IAH, or the trek from B18 at DEN when on PMCO plane to connect in the "trailers" of the B60s?

:raiseshand:

The same! DFW is one of the easiest large airports to fly through, IMO. Also modern... even without a club membership, you can relax in a DFW Traveler Lounge for free and enjoy lounge chairs and outlets on par with the UA Club.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
you can relax in a DFW Traveler Lounge for free and enjoy lounge chairs and outlets on par with the UA Club.
So you mean that there are no power outlets in DFW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.