Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Airlines Award/Premier Accelerator Rates [2014]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
You can only buy PQM and RDM only after you buy the ticket and it gets confirmed and ticketed. I think that is what you are asking.
Thanks. I honestly can't find the link to buy it or even see the option. My reservation is ticketed (it's a couple days old)

I'm looking at the reservation and these are the only options presented:

Reservation Tools: Change Flights | Cancel | View Baggage Service Charges | E-mail Summary | Print Itinerary | Export to Calendar | Upgrade Reservation | Rename Reservation | Reserve a Hotel | Reserve a Car

Below there is the trip insurance and options for viewing seats, changing flights and another for redeeming an upgrade. What am I missing. Thanks again.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Thanks. I honestly can't find the link to buy it or even see the option. My reservation is ticketed (it's a couple days old)

Reservation Tools: Change Flights | Cancel | View Baggage Service Charges | E-mail Summary | Print Itinerary | Export to Calendar | Upgrade Reservation | Rename Reservation | Reserve a Hotel | Reserve a Car

Below there is the trip insurance and options for viewing seats, changing flights and another for redeeming an upgrade. What am I missing. Thanks again.
I have three upcoming reservations. Last week, all three had offers to buy more miles. Today, only one of the three has an Accelerator offer. The others don't show anything, like you describe. Might be unrelated, but I'm also showing that when choosing flights after searching, it doesn't show the mileage, so perhaps there's a system-wide problem right now?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MattR23
I have three upcoming reservations. Last week, all three had offers to buy more miles. Today, only one of the three has an Accelerator offer. The others don't show anything, like you describe. Might be unrelated, but I'm also showing that when choosing flights after searching, it doesn't show the mileage, so perhaps there's a system-wide problem right now?

It could be a system issue as there have been reports of website issues today. Have you tried the following link as well: http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/prod...eProducts.aspx
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
It could be a system issue as there have been reports of website issues today. Have you tried the following link as well: http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/prod...eProducts.aspx
Yup, I tried that link too....it just brings me to a list of my outstanding reservations but when you go into the reservation it doesn't have the option.

I've also noticed that mileage isn't showing for some flights that I was trying to book.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:53 am

Yup, I tried that link too....it just brings me to a list of my outstanding reservations but when you go into the reservation it doesn't have the option.

I've also noticed that mileage isn't showing for some flights that I was trying to book.
Looks like the option is back so I pulled the trigger! One final question. The 15k miles posted but the premier miles did not post.... do they only post after the flight is over?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Looks like the option is back so I pulled the trigger! One final question. The 15k miles posted but the premier miles did not post.... do they only post after the flight is over?
Give it 10-15 minutes. Log out of your account and log back in. They should generally post. If you have a receipt, you should be golden. All Premier Accelerator purchases post on the same day. They are independent of the flight date.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:06 am

Give it 10-15 minutes. Log out of your account and log back in. They should generally post. If you have a receipt, you should be golden. All Premier Accelerator purchases post on the same day. They are independent of the flight date.
Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Former 1K turned UA Kettle
Seeing offers for 15k/25k miles on my IAH-LHR itin. 2.3cpm for RDM, 14.3 for PQM. Meh.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:32 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by royng
I am UA Gold and have three intra-Asia Star Alliance award trips (with no United flights).
All three now offer 15000 miles at
RDM: 2.8 cpm
PQM: 10.0 cpm

RDM is more expensive than what I saw last year (2.3 cpm).
I have checked these three trips today.

The one departing in early May is offering 2.6cpm for RDM and 8cpm for PQM

while the other two in Sept and Dec are both offering 2.3cpm for RDM and and 12cpm for PQM.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm also at 2.6cpm for RDM, but 14.5cpm PQM for a flight in late May. (for 6.5/13K miles)
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Are people buying as much RDMs and PQMs as they were last year, before the PQD requirement?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Are people buying as much RDMs and PQMs as they were last year, before the PQD requirement?
I doubt that UA will make this information public, but it only stands to reason that most of us in the know are not doing so simply to reach 1K.

Personally, I have bought 14,000 this year at $0.08/PAM + RDM because of disrupted travel plans that are out of the ordinary. I live outside the USA, so PQDs are not of concern to me.

It has always been my opinion that this is the absolute worst value offered in the flying world, as it's always possible to find flights that cost less if one watches for them throughout the year. With a flight, I can actually GO somewhere!

Although I am 1K because I must travel a lot for business and family reasons, I still enjoy those trips that are optional. I have seen more parts of the USA and other North and South American destinations in my efforts to top off my mileage accrual over the years than I would have ever otherwise been able to justify. I still have many places left on my bucket list.

That UA excluded the accelerator program from PQD shocked me at first. I'm still surprised that they don't want to encourage people spending money on benefits that may or may not be used, especially when they don't have to fly us anywhere to earn that money.

The only justification for it that I can reason is that the whole PQD plan is designed to thin the upper ranks of Premiers so that we can gain more of the benefits we expect from reaching that level of accrual. Right now, most of the complaints about missed CPUs, GPUs failing to clear, etc., is due to the fact that there are simply more of us than they can now service since merging. Allowing people to continue to buy in could disrupt their plan to make it more exclusive again. At least I hope that's it.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:53 pm

Is it ever dynamic? In other words, is there ever a better price for purchasing PQMs when checking in at a kiosk, or purchasing them mid-trip?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:57 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mats
Is it ever dynamic? In other words, is there ever a better price for purchasing PQMs when checking in at a kiosk, or purchasing them mid-trip?
yes, definitively dynamic pricing is done on Award/Premier Accelerator -- sometime lower, sometime higher.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 8:34 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mats
Definitely--though all of my recent trips have offered the same prices online on the res, at check-in online, at the kiosk, and mid trip. I used to see a lot more variation than I have recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.