Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Somethings afoot...@united giving hints

https://twitter.com/united/status/381073136038326272
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
more changes we will like, i'm guessing.

a change i would like is a month with no changes.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by fly18725
I like the campaign (and know I will be attacked for my opinion). This helps re-build the brand and allows United to promote areas where it adds value for frequent fliers (network, mainline hard product, employees) under a common tag line. As noted in the article, this is aspirational and there is real risk under delivers (as opposed to Delta, which literally has to not climb to fail at delivering on its tag line).

It is disappointiong (but not unexpected) that so many are quick to disparage new branding - the very thing they've been demanding for so long.

Oh please...and stop trying to be "dissapointed". You spent some time lecturing us on how TV advertisements were a waste of money, UAL's strategy of minimal advertising was prudent, yada yada yada. Now you come here and speak of the "aspirational" benefits of this? I guess you weren't prudent to all of the senior leaderships plans like you thought, huh?

I'm dissapointed to see so many quickly doing their best to discredit anybody who dare not like anything the company does and label them as some sort of vendetta filled hater who can't like anything the company does! Sorry, this is a two way street.

As for me, you can count me down as happy UAL is finally doing something positive, and spending some major ad $$.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
It's just their new ad campaign.

Already in discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ew-united.html
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:30 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

United Hub Now Updated

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your (always honest!) feedback on our new ad campaign. As promised, we've posted much more information at this link on the United Hub, including additional videos and more background on the campaign. We'll also issue a news release in the next few minutes. Enjoy!

Aaron Goldberg
Sr. Manager - Customer Experience Planning
United Airlines
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Ah, oh well. It was Friday, so I thought we were going to get 'news'.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenn0223
It's just their new ad campaign.

Already in discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ew-united.html
compare puzzle on twitter to image describing ad campaign here: https://hub.united.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Details now posted on the "Hub". http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ew-united.html

A quick scan leads me to believe there are no substantive product changes. Just an announcement of their ads and reannouncement of the last few months of news (wi-fi, new routes, UC club beer, etc).
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kenn0223
A quick scan leads me to believe there are no substantive product changes. Just an announcement of their ads and reannouncement of the last few months of news (wi-fi, new routes, UC club beer, etc).
shocker.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
There were a lot of rumors on here about United waiting to launch a major new ad campaign in conjunction with a new website launch. The campaign is here...does that mean we'll get a new website soon?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to say that service does seem to be improving - it might not be as obvious with routine stuff but it does seem when things go wrong, they really do go the extra mile to make things right.

Of course, a lot of the time things go wrong because of UA

I had a VDB in July then and an LH paper upgrade certificate fiasco recently, in both situations, they really went out of their way to accommodate. It seems the first line employees are empowered and getting it and that is exactly what the airline needs.

The commercials are cool - especially the one with the taxis - I think it would resonate a lot with the global travellers some of us are. However, It thought Jeff said it was like a ballet - he didn't say anything about an orchestra

Last edited by username; Sep 20, 2013 at 9:57 am
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A465 Safari/9537.53)

"wifi-friendly"--- This is an insult because its not even remotely close to the truth
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by palmetto86
There were a lot of rumors on here about United waiting to launch a major new ad campaign in conjunction with a new website launch. The campaign is here...does that mean we'll get a new website soon?
And an app that works on the iPad while they are at it, I hope.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I like the new ad.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
compare puzzle on twitter to image describing ad campaign here: https://hub.united.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx
The picture is clearly that of a cockpit.

Are you now agreeing with us, or sticking with the "changes you will like" mantra?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.