Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Print Wikipost

United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept/Oct. 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
Wait, there's no way. Really? That stuff is like $12 a handle.
Spot on. Heard this from one who would know. Complete joke.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I've bought a few, when the price is right. I can tell you none of the passes I've bought were fakes and none were reused. They were all still attached to the original paper backing that is used by Chase for shipping. I just think that most people who get the Chase card decide to sell the passes.
Maybe a Chase employee has access to them? But all the passes I bought have been from different sellers
Lifetime club members get annual free passes and sell them.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Lifetime club members get annual free passes and sell them.
We d? I think not. (If so, I'm owed them for quite a number of years...)
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
I'm liking the WiFi improvements at the CLE UC. Looks like they've got new enterprise grade Cisco access points, and a 50M/50M connection to the OneCleveland network. I was speedtesting at about 33 down / 40 up, and I'd say the UC was about 70% full. The WiFi password of the day is displayed at the front counter and at the bar, so there's no requirement to enter a MP number and PIN.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
No change in wifi access at DEN, LGA, IAH, or SEA on Monday.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:54 pm

SFO WiFi auth is scheduled to launch tomorrow.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:17 pm

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.
Originally Posted by canuck84
I noticed in the store you can by a 1.5 litre bottle (two regular liquor bottles) of McCormick vodka for.......$15.
Just for kicks, today I went in one of my local liquor stores, which is NOT a discount store.

On the shelf was a 1.75 liter bottle of McCormicks vodka.....the price was LESS than $12, and it wasn't on sale. Can't get any cheaper than that.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I believe OP may have been referring to Lifetime UC Members who are also Explorer Card holders and have no use for the two annual passes.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Hertz Prez Circle
McCormick's is good stuff. On a rainy night, only takes a couple thimbles full to get the burn barrel going to keep you and the rest of the hobos warm.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
United Club changes (drinks and Wifi) - Sept. - Oct. 2013

Tried the CLE Airspace lounge this morning, and have to say I'm impressed... we'll see how long it lasts. Free admission w/ AmEx plat, and I just finished eating my (also free, on the complimentary cash-card they gave me) Sausage & Cheese muffin w/ a big coffee-shop sized mug of Peet's English Breakfast tea.

Talking to the lounge staff, they have Yuengling on draft, and a bunch of bottles of beer including Westmalle Tripel, Dogfish Head and a Great Lakes seasonal. House bubbly is Mumm Cuvee M. Full bar. Cash card is enough for a beer/wine and snack from the dining menu. Free wifi, fast.

At least until everyone in CLE discovers and mobs the place... wow. UA may live to rue the day they sent me and other FFs exploring the other facilities in our airports!

Viva la difference!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Darlox
Tried the CLE Airspace lounge this morning, and have to say I'm impressed... we'll see how long it lasts. Free admission w/ AmEx plat, and I just finished eating my (also free, on the complimentary cash-card they gave me) Sausage & Cheese muffin w/ a big coffee-shop sized mug of Peet's English Breakfast tea.

Talking to the lounge staff, they have Yuengling on draft, and a bunch of bottles of beer including Westmalle Tripel, Dogfish Head and a Great Lakes seasonal. House bubbly is Mumm Cuvee M. Full bar. Cash card is enough for a beer/wine and snack from the dining menu. Free wifi, fast.

At least until everyone in CLE discovers and mobs the place... wow. UA may live to rue the day they sent me and other FFs exploring the other facilities in our airports!

Viva la difference!
Good to hear a positive feedback of Airspace! Been debating between the Amex and the AC.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:33 am

Sorry, I left some facts out. Lifetime club members that are 1MM or more (like me) get passes every year. I sell mine.

My bad.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by elitefreak
Sorry, I left some facts out. Lifetime club members that are 1MM or more (like me) get passes every year. I sell mine.

My bad.
We do? I've not seen any and I've been lifetime/1MM for a while. How many do you get and who do I have to ask to get sme myself? I have some friends who I would love to be able to give them to.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:45 am

We do? I've not seen any and I've been lifetime/1MM for a while. How many do you get and who do I have to ask to get sme myself? I have some friends who I would love to be able to give them to.
I think they come in my annual kit for *G.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Darlox

Viva la difference!
I've been debating Amex Plat v. UC Club card. Between this lounge and these new 'changes we'll like' to the UC, it's a no-brainer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.