Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

While United Removes Information about Frequent Flyers for Flight Attendents ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

While United Removes Information about Frequent Flyers for Flight Attendents ...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by blokay
Imagine you are sitting in Y, you had a crap day, flying somewhere when you would just rather stay home - and an FA brings you a drink and says "This one's on us - after 2M miles you look like you could use it". That would bring a smile to my face - and would reinforce why I still like this airline.

Or, imagine you are 11 hours into a flight to NRT and the FSM brings you the pilot's business card - and tells you the pilot took pictures of his nav equipment at the exact time you crossed 2M miles - and that the pilot would email them as soon as he got to his hotel in NRT.

The first has yet to happen - the second did. Small thing - big difference to me. If you give good people good information good things can happen.
Very cool that the FSM and pilot did that for you. I crossed 1M on approach from DEN-NRT on a 787 this year. During the PDB service, I mentioned this to the FSM and how excited I was to be crossing 1M in a 787 and she said "that's awesome" and walked away. Just goes to show you that it all really depends on the person.

Last edited by limey1K; Sep 6, 2013 at 10:43 am Reason: Clarification
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Or, imagine you are 11 hours into a flight to NRT and the FSM brings you the pilot's business card - and tells you the pilot took pictures of his nav equipment at the exact time you crossed 2M miles - and that the pilot would email them as soon as he got to his hotel in NRT.

Small thing - big difference to me. If you give good people good information good things can happen.
Congratulations. What a wonderful surprise. ^
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 2K/2MM
Originally Posted by limey1K
Very cool that the FSM and pilot did that for you. I crossed 1M on approach from DEN-NRT on a 787 this year. I mentioned this to the FSM and how excited I was to be doing it in a 787 and she said "that's awesome" and walked away. Just goes to show you that it all really depends on the person.
I thought it was pretty cool as well. Also got handed a print-out of some sort of color weather chart showing the location, a "United North Pacific Plotting Chart" showing the course and the location of my 2M mile position and a print out of data showing position, speed, time, fuel, etc.

MM's are for the most part not DYKWIA (reference to a post above). Probably the opposite. We have run the drill so many times very little bothers us anymore. We respect other folks on the flight - including the crew. I suspect that anyone who says different is:
a. Not a MM'r
b. Mad at UA for multiple silly reasons
c. A call-bell abuser
d. Wrong
Old Sep 6, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I thought it was pretty cool as well. Also got handed a print-out of some sort of color weather chart showing the location, a "United North Pacific Plotting Chart" showing the course and the location of my 2M mile position and a print out of data showing position, speed, time, fuel, etc.

MM's are for the most part not DYKWIA (reference to a post above). Probably the opposite. We have run the drill so many times very little bothers us anymore. We respect other folks on the flight - including the crew. I suspect that anyone who says different is:
a. Not a MM'r
b. Mad at UA for multiple silly reasons
c. A call-bell abuser
d. Wrong
Very true. I hope I didn't come across as complaining. I really just wanted to share my excitement with the FA and she responded appropriately

It does highlight how varied the entire flying experience can be, based on the crew.

BTW, I've never pushed the call button, other than when I didn't have my reading glasses on and tried to turn on my overhead light
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 2K/2MM
Originally Posted by limey1K
Very true. I hope I didn't come across as complaining. I really just wanted to share my excitement with the FA and she responded appropriately

It does highlight how varied the entire flying experience can be, based on the crew.

BTW, I've never pushed the call button, other than when I didn't have my reading glasses on and tried to turn on my overhead light
You did not come across as complaining at all. And just to be sure, my previous post was directed a bit above your post....

I actually got a bit of a laugh from your post. Sort of like when you ask for another drink (in Y) and you know as soon as you ask they are not coming back.....
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
United does not create an environment (training/policy) to address people by name and/or status. If they do, they're not doing a very good job at it. I say this with having some great crews in general, but that extra personal touch of feeling appreciated is surely lacking on UA.
The FAs on UA often address me by name. I don't like it and I wish they wouldn't.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
As a 1K who has been asked about 20 times this year if I want the Chicken Cacciatore or the Spinach Pasta with Cream Sauce between the West Coast and Hawaii, I do not want all passengers treated equally. Most people on that flight might make one or two round-trips a year to Hawaii (if that), so they can suffer the occasional leftover dish. As long as UA caters a limited selection of First food, frequent flyers should get their choice.

I haven't seen the short rib in 2 or 3 months!!!! (obviously an aside comment...)
Why don't you order a special meal? There are several options and at least it would give you variety.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 8, 2013 at 9:01 pm Reason: off-topic
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
There are a lot of talk about meal preferences here and whether GS/1K should get preferential treatment. On international flights in Business or BF, I have only been asked what I would like to have, whereas I have seen other passengers asked what their top 2 choices were. This was not that obvious unless someone was really paying attention. I don't think the other passengers were treated any differently.

As for MM notation on the manifest, I don't know if that really matters to the MMers or the FAs, unless you are seated in the back of the plane on an international flight. But then there are many 1K/PLT/GLDs seated in E+ on international flights, so does a MM designation on the manifest make any difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.