Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will UA issue ticket (016 ticket) w/ partner airline only, no UA/UX flight on itin?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Anytime I check the flights are there but cost more than other sites.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
Anytime I check the flights are there but cost more than other sites.
Agree especially if in combination with another UA flight - but today was different - was able to get the lowest published fare via .bomb....
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
I just booked LH RT SEA-FRA-VIE on 016 ticket stock. Then called the 1K line and had the GPUs assigned; one cleared and the other is waitlisted...
Old Apr 2, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
I've been having trouble getting a non united ticket issued on united stock. Has anyone tried adding a Y class leg on united to the flight, and then canceling before or after the trip is started? Any issues with calling united to do this? It seems like it wouldn't trigger a repricing if all the fare rules are still obeyed even without the Y leg...
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by aza72
I've been having trouble getting a non united ticket issued on united stock. Has anyone tried adding a Y class leg on united to the flight, and then canceling before or after the trip is started? Any issues with calling united to do this? It seems like it wouldn't trigger a repricing if all the fare rules are still obeyed even without the Y leg...
give us some more details. What is it exactly you are trying to do? Route/airlines/cabin
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Unhappy

Originally Posted by cfischer
give us some more details. What is it exactly you are trying to do? Route/airlines/cabin

I was looking at SFO->IST->VIE on TK in Economy. I called united they said they couldn't do it if all on TK. Added a UA leg SFO->LAX, the tried and had to send it to the pricing desk. They had a bunch of trouble with it, had to call back 3 times, eventually said they could only price it out as Y fare class because the fare restrictions for the TK required it to be booked on TK stock
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:02 am

So after several tries recently the official line given to the ticketing help desk the agents use is that at least one segment of the trip must be on United in order to do this.

The exception being itineraries that are entirely ATI partners like LH or LX which are metal neutral to them.

Not sure about the city ticket offices.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
So after several tries recently the official line given to the ticketing help desk the agents use is that at least one segment of the trip must be on United in order to do this.

The exception being itineraries that are entirely ATI partners like LH or LX which are metal neutral to them.

Not sure about the city ticket offices.
Too bad UA refuses to copy DL on this one (PQD eligibility). But hey, I guess as long as UA is a going concern, we shouldn't care what OALs do.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Too bad UA refuses to copy DL on this one (PQD eligibility). But hey, I guess as long as UA is a going concern, we shouldn't care what OALs do.
The alternative is Korean Airlines in this case, SkyTeam's largest Asia partner, which Delta won't give any MQMs or MQDs on.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...orean-air.html
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
The alternative is Korean Airlines in this case, SkyTeam's largest Asia partner, which Delta won't give any MQMs or MQDs on.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...orean-air.html
True (and surprising to see that chart) but just book the flight with a DL flight number and you earn full everything because DL credits based on marketing carrier, not operating carrier like *A.

-RM
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
True (and surprising to see that chart) but just book the flight with a DL flight number and you earn full everything because DL credits based on marketing carrier, not operating carrier like *A.

-RM
I'm no expert on DL codeshare pricing, but I seem to recollect lots of complaints that DL only sells really expensive fares on KE.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI

-RM
I wish they had a DL flight number for this trip.

This one may just end up a MP redemption and neither side will have any real profit lost.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:07 pm

Well, in November 2014, I was able to ticket one of the DL NYC-Tanzania fares on UA stock (but without talking to a human except to cancel). The flights consisted entirely of DL codeshares on KL.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Has anyone discovered how to book ANA or EVA premium economy from LAX/SFO to HKG and still get the PQD and PQM for united?
Old May 24, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Rotus12
Has anyone discovered how to book ANA or EVA premium economy from LAX/SFO to HKG and still get the PQD and PQM for united?
In another thread I was told to use a TA who can plate it on 016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.