Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
No arrivals lounge at CDG. Only LHR, FRA & ZRH have these for UA today.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nothing as part of your ticket but there is a Sheraton right there (that UA used previously) and you might be able to negotiate a day room for a couple hours or gym/shower access. http://www.sheratonparisairport.com/
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA 2MM
As far as I know, the TGV station at CDG is pretty spartan. I have not seen anything other than a standard airport bathroom.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Nothing as part of your ticket but there is a Sheraton right there (that UA used previously) and you might be able to negotiate a day room for a couple hours or gym/shower access. http://www.sheratonparisairport.com/
Indeed, United used to have just such an arrangement with Sheraton for arriving J pax but they quietly canceled it a year or so ago.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amtrak, Air France, Qantas, United, Virgin Velocity
Well, rats. But thank you both for the information. @transportprof, I'll check out the Sheraton option. Thanks for the tip!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Amtrak, Air France, Qantas, United, Virgin Velocity
I just saw that the Sheraton has day rates from €209, pending availability. A pretty pricey shower for me, but if anyone's searching this it might be helpful.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:23 pm

Programs: Platinum
Question for the wise ones😄

We are departing out of CDG on an United code shared LX flight next week in C (CDG-ZHR-SFO) at 0955. My wife and I are united Plat and Gold, no checked bags.

I will use the Swiss app for boarding passes, but will try to get paper ones. Will we also get Access 1? At the Park Hyatt, will take the RoissyBus to airport, will 0700 be plenty of time? Will we have Senators Lounge access?

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Plenty of time in my experience. Your access 1 should be in your boarding pass bar code. I did not need paper last time, just scanned phone. The access security line was closed, but in my case it helped with passport control...
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
CDG lounge?

I know CDG does not have a United lounge, but do they have a Star Alliance Lounge I can use when flying United. And if so, is it before or after security? Also, when flying United, after security, do you have access to the shops and restaurants?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
There is a Star Alliance Lounge at CDG:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/star-...ForAirport=CDG
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:29 pm

CDG

The CDG format is that you go thru passport control. Then the shopping
area. The Star Alliance Lounge is on the shopping level (you take an elevator
to the lounge and then back). Security is just before the gate
after the shopping area.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by trk1
The CDG format is that you go thru passport control. Then the shopping
area. The Star Alliance Lounge is on the shopping level (you take an elevator
to the lounge and then back). Security is just before the gate
after the shopping area.
T1 is relatively small, but because the lounge is before security, it's best to leave it well before boarding time. Lounge to security is about 10 mins, and then security can be 2 mins (if you have a priority boarding pass and if passengers are few) or 15-30 mins (if no priority boarding pass, if it's full of pax, if there's a work slowdown or a perceived security threat).
Near the gates, the shops are fairly limited - a smallish duty-free, coffee, magazines, and the like.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks for the advice on the Star Alliance Lounge everyone. We were able to access and enjoy breakfast there before the flight!it was weird to see zero line at security.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by Taoyuan
There is a Star Alliance Lounge at CDG:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/star-...ForAirport=CDG
Looks like there are several *A lounges in T1? Besides the Star Alliance Lounge, there is a Business and a Senator LH Lounge, an SAS lounge?

http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpo...irportCode=CDG

Are any of these after Security?

Also there is suppose to be a Salon Icare in T1 for Priority Pass members.

How do these compare?

Actually may not get too much lounge time as I have a 7:50 AM LH flight and will be arriving at CDG via RER from Saint-Michel station, which is suppose to have a train departing at 5:24 for a 30-minute trip.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by wco81
Looks like there are several *A lounges in T1? Besides the Star Alliance Lounge, there is a Business and a Senator LH Lounge, an SAS lounge?

http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpo...irportCode=CDG

Are any of these after Security?

Also there is suppose to be a Salon Icare in T1 for Priority Pass members.

How do these compare?

Actually may not get too much lounge time as I have a 7:50 AM LH flight and will be arriving at CDG via RER from Saint-Michel station, which is suppose to have a train departing at 5:24 for a 30-minute trip.
There may be a small LH lounge still after security which is at the individual satellites which probably have a half dozen gates each.. The main and nice lounges are before security... I usually leave the lounge 20 mins before boarding to go through security.. assuming I have an "Access One" card, which only allows you go basically butt in from of those who do not have the card... not really a separate "elite" security line..

Have not been in Salon Icare but the Star Alliance lounge is nice compared to the old United Club... and the food selections for breakfast are nice...

It is a 30 minute trip from St. Michel provided you are on an express train... otherwise about 40-45.. but remember when you arrive a CDG by RER going to terminal 1, you arrive at the station which is nearer to terminal 3, Roissy, and you have to take a shuttle train, CDGVAL, over to terminal 1. Allow 15 mins more for this glitch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.