Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA: When are your upgrades clearing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA S, Marriott Gold (UA), Hertz PC (UA), HH Gold (cc), Avis PP, National EC Executive
UA: When are your upgrades clearing?

I looked around flyertalk a good bit but couldn't find a thread discussing this.

Could Golds and higher post when their upgrades have been clearing in the new United system? The website says 48, 72, 96 hrs for gold, plat, 1K respectively, but my Dad is gold (plat this year) and hasn't had any clear before 24 hours, even with space available.

I'm a lowly silver and obviously won't clear before 24 hours, but I like to look at the upgrade list at 48 hours and see how many 1st seats remain. But if gold and higher upgrades aren't clearing before then, I don't really get a good idea of my upgrade probability.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:07 am
mkr
Suspended

Location: Just outside Big D, or many other places in big metal tubes
Programs: WN Rpd.Rwrds, AA, was longtime CO very top Elite tier, Overentitled UA Lifetime 1K (since 2012)
Use "Search this Forum" function (upper right side of forum) and you will usually find what you are looking for.

Here is another thread that is currently discussing upgrades: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...not-clear.html

Last edited by mkr; Jan 19, 2013 at 6:16 pm Reason: clarify
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gold, if they clear at all it is at the gate for CPU. Usually don't clear. But I fly out of SFO.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
It really depends on the route, date, time ... can't really give you an answer as upgrades clear differently for each flight. While some clear at the T-96 window for 1Ks, other could clear just a few hours before the flight.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
I'm 1K and I have never had a comp upgrade clear more than 24 hrs out.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by northpole999
Where do you fly from and to?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by northpole999
I'm 1K and have had them clear at 96 hours, 62 hours (happened earlier today for a flight late Monday), 23 hours, at the gate, and never.

YMMV
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: United 1K
Please post in www.udustats.com

Flyer talk site:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...g-results.html

The following site is used to track specific routes. However, since the merger, there have not been many updates.

http://www.udustats.com
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by mkrecek
However, since the merger, there have not been many updates. http://www.udustats.com
I think usage fell off shortly post 3/3 when it was clear that things hadn't equilibrated and there were serious bugs. While some would argue that bugs remain, it's probably safe to assume things have settled to the level of function we can expect in the near term. So re-engergizing use of udustats is a good idea.
Originally Posted by mkr
Use "Search this Thread" function and you will usually find what you are looking for.
You presumably meant "Search this Forum"? Another search tip: putting short or common words in quotes will make the search engine look for them, when otherwise they would be ignored.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
My experience has been the following:

There are four windows for clearing upgrades (which coincide with the 4 premier levels) : 96, 72, 48, 24 hrs. The system seems to do a sweep within an hour after these limits passed and grands some upgrades to the ones eligible (and of course it is level specific.) if an upgrade does not clear by T-23 hours or so (for any level) it will have to clear at the gate and then it clears at around T-30 minutes depending on how many of the people assigned to F were checked in and the order in the waitlist
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I'm 1K and have had them clear at 96 hours, 62 hours (happened earlier today for a flight late Monday), 23 hours, at the gate, and never.

YMMV
Ditto. (Except that the my next domestic flight won't be for another 3 weeks, so I dunno .)
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Once this year, 72 hours SNA/ORD, IIRC it was a W fare, with Plat status
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Today's HNL-LAX (very lite load) cleared at 96 hours. Throughout 2012 that was not the case. I missed a few and the ones that did clear were 24-48.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
A CPU for a GOLD? Bwahahahah. That is so 2011.

1K's barely get CPU's anymore!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 5:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP, need the fare basis of the ticket too. If you're 1K on a Y/B/M or any lower elite on a Y/B, you should clear sooner. If you're on a deep discount, the closer to gate if not gate is more likely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.