Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down? And other UA website issues[ARCHIVE]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What does the app show?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
The app shows the same (e.g. LAX-ORD-SAT - UA #s 269 & 5941 - on 5/5).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Tried to buy a domestic RT ticket just now on united.com on desktop PC (well for last 1/2 hour when you include starting over, then switching browsers) . Tried both Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Get:Error

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-396-1751; the U.K. at 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

Just tried Android App too: "There was a problem completing your reservation"

Finally worked using chrome in incognito mode. This all only took an hour.

Last edited by u600213; Apr 12, 2019 at 3:18 pm Reason: Success. Chrome in incognito window
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I just completed a booking from my Mac using Firefox. No problems.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:52 pm

Having troubles with any SDC on the app or website. It shows me the changed flight options, I pick one and then it says an error occurred and that I have to call in to change. I called in and they were able to change it without problems. However, it's quite annoying the website isn't letting me do my own SDC.

Any other reports of issues like this?

When I am trying to change my flight on United.com as soon as I click select on the flight (I tried any flight, so it's not related to just one) I'm getting the following - is this happening to anyone else?:

Error

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-825-2296; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 14, 2019 at 5:42 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by alchemista
When I am trying to change my flight on United.com as soon as I click select on the flight (I tried any flight, so it's not related to just one) I'm getting the following - is this happening to anyone else?:

Error

We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request. Please try later or contact united.com Support in the U.S. and Canada at 1-800-825-2296; the U.K., phone 0800 028 5003; elsewhere use the local phone number.
Change flight on United.com worked fine for me yesterday. I was actually pleasantly surprised how easy it was, as I don't do it very often.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Trying to check availability on the direct TLV-SFO flight this coming Sunday (21st). Searched on the website and fails to show this flight completely, and only finds flights with connection. OK, so presumably it's sold out...

Check the day before (20th, when the direct flight isn't actually running), and suddenly it shows me the flight on the 21st :

I'm guessing they've added some logic to make this show on the 20th (as it's leaving slightly after midnight of that day), but in doing so they've stopped it showing up at all on the day it's actually departing.

It's also claiming a "date change" for a flight that leaves on the same day it arrives...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:57 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by docbert
Trying to check availability on the direct TLV-SFO flight this coming Sunday (21st). Searched on the website and fails to show this flight completely, and only finds flights with connection. OK, so presumably it's sold out...

Check the day before (20th, when the direct flight isn't actually running), and suddenly it shows me the flight on the 21st :

I'm guessing they've added some logic to make this show on the 20th (as it's leaving slightly after midnight of that day), but in doing so they've stopped it showing up at all on the day it's actually departing.

It's also claiming a "date change" for a flight that leaves on the same day it arrives...
Same thing happened when I was searching for SFO-CTU. Very annoying
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:38 pm

I have had issues with SFO/TLV bookings and notified United about the same. However, I think what you are pointing out is not new, at least not for me.

Also, the direct flight is not running this Fri night/Sat morning? Because of Passover? They fly on Yom Kippur. I have never heard of them not running a flight. Interesting.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by daisyatl
They fly on Yom Kippur.
No, they don't. Nobody does. TLV airport closes for 36 hours.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:22 am

No, they don't. Nobody does. TLV airport closes for 36 hours.
Sorry. You are correct. I meant Rosh Hashanah. For Passover, it is strange that the SFO flight is not running but the EWR flights are... Actually, looks to be the case for Rosh Hashanah too this year. Last year or the year before, I thought they ran the SFO flight (at least to TLV) because a friend posted a picture of a mostly empty plane (which may be the reason it is not running this year).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:09 pm

is the login down for folks?
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:11 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
MP login down for me on 4/30/19 10:00PM PST
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
Yes 10:14pm PST also having login issues. Basically says contact MP service center can't log into account
Old Apr 30, 2019, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by PDXbased1K
MP login down for me on 4/30/19 10:00PM PST
Originally Posted by iloveipods
Yes 10:14pm PST also having login issues. Basically says contact MP service center can't log into account

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.