Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by bucketlist
A cc of the email from CO is below. I think this was a mixed metal opn (the ABQ legs were probably on UA metal). Have no idea what "G" is for an award ticket (On US & TK, it's a cheap fare, but this was an award ticket which didn't earn miles). Sorry for awful formatting, but I'm not good at this.

I think some upgrades cleared in advance, some at last minute, kind of hazy on that.

OnePass eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation

FLIGHT INFORMATION
Day, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
Wed, 29JUN11 CO422 X NEW ORLEANS
(MSY) 9:27AM HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 10:34AM 737-900
Wed, 29JUN11 UA46921 G HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 2:35PM ALBUQUERQUE NM
(ABQ) 3:37PM CRJ-700
Wed, 06JUL11 UA47272 G ALBUQUERQUE NM
(ABQ) 8:55AM HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 11:55AM ERJ 170
Wed, 06JUL11 CO1482 X HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 1:05PM NEW ORLEANS
(MSY) 2:18PM 737-800
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! The fares are changed to X class now so we'll see how it goes!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by bucketlist
A cc of the email from CO is below. I think this was a mixed metal opn (the ABQ legs were probably on UA metal). Have no idea what "G" is for an award ticket (On US & TK, it's a cheap fare, but this was an award ticket which didn't earn miles). Sorry for awful formatting, but I'm not good at this.

I think some upgrades cleared in advance, some at last minute, kind of hazy on that.

OnePass eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation

FLIGHT INFORMATION
Day, Date Flight Class Departure City and Time Arrival City and Time Aircraft Meal
Wed, 29JUN11 CO422 X NEW ORLEANS
(MSY) 9:27AM HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 10:34AM 737-900
Wed, 29JUN11 UA46921 G HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 2:35PM ALBUQUERQUE NM
(ABQ) 3:37PM CRJ-700
Wed, 06JUL11 UA47272 G ALBUQUERQUE NM
(ABQ) 8:55AM HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 11:55AM ERJ 170
Wed, 06JUL11 CO1482 X HOUSTON BUSH INTL
(IAH) 1:05PM NEW ORLEANS
(MSY) 2:18PM 737-800
How in the world did you get G?!? I think that's a discounted fare class. It'll be interesting to see if you earn miles on it. LOL

I wish they fixed the EUA so it recognized Elite CC members with both X and XN fare classes!!!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AK, DL,UA
Originally Posted by edcho
How in the world did you get G?!? I think that's a discounted fare class. It'll be interesting to see if you earn miles on it. LOL

I wish they fixed the EUA so it recognized Elite CC members with both X and XN fare classes!!!
and YN
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:11 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by goldelite8
Due to a glitch in the system, he will be eligible for a complimentary upgrade at YOUR upgrade window. Therefore, the system will recognize him as a Platinum. You should note that people have reported this not working if the individual is booked into the XN fare class. If you are in the X fare class, you're fine.
Goldelite8,

You were so right! Both segments were upgraded today for my friend with the X class in place. That's the ticket for getting the upgrades to work, at least until CO figures out how to fix the glitch! Thanks a million!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by UACOflyer
Goldelite8,

You were so right! Both segments were upgraded today for my friend with the X class in place. That's the ticket for getting the upgrades to work, at least until CO figures out how to fix the glitch! Thanks a million!
They've been aware of the glitch for years and they haven't fixed it! I don't think it's very high on their priority list right now either.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Anyone had any luck lately with upgrades on reward tickets? Still waiting for UA flights to jump on the reward upgrade bandwagon....sure hope I don't have to call UA and ask them to change XY to X
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Anyone had any luck lately with upgrades on reward tickets? Still waiting for UA flights to jump on the reward upgrade bandwagon....sure hope I don't have to call UA and ask them to change XY to X
Since Jan 1st I have gotten upgraded on 2 reward flights (in X inventory). Companion (also in X) was not on the upgrade list (booked with my miles).

The only time I buy domestic reward tickets is within a few days of the flight. If they dont upgrade on the next sweep I generally assume it wont happen. This benefit works so sporadically that it has been more frustration that satisfaction.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Have to disagree .. since mid-June 2011 I've redeemed ~7 award flights all successfully upgraded (after having a couple of them changed from XN -> X). Most of them were booked at least a week in advance and cleared early. All flights were PMCO. So a YMMV benefit but well worth it if it works out for you.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
booking code YN

I had called CO and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. I read the last few pages of the thread and was going to call to switch code to X and when I looked at the reservation my wife and I are booked in YN class. This is for a one-way to Hawaii award ticket booked with my miles.

What class should I be asking for so we (or at least one of us) can be upgraded?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: AK, DL,UA
Originally Posted by sheepherder
I had called CO and the person I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. I read the last few pages of the thread and was going to call to switch code to X and when I looked at the reservation my wife and I are booked in YN class. This is for a one-way to Hawaii award ticket booked with my miles.

What class should I be asking for so we (or at least one of us) can be upgraded?
First of all, if you are flying to Hawaii from EWR,IAH, or DEN there are no complimentary elite upgrades (EUA) given due to other rules. If you are flying from LAX, or SFO, etc. you may have a chance.

However, YN is "easypass" award in coach. The same # miles would get you a F reward at the "saverpass" rate.

So you can either:

A) Leave the booking as YN for now, and periodically do a search online for an award flight on your dates for saverpass F seats. If they pop up on your search, call CO and have them change your award to F seats!

B) If you are flying on a EUA legal flight, Call CO and ask to have your booking changed from YN to X. So far, all the agents I talked to in the past said they could not do the change, or said there was no X availablity on my flights. So I would have to wait till I got to the airport to get added to the list.

Typically the Chase CC upgrade is only available to the primary cardholder anyway, so you may be better off to try option A. And if that does not pan out, request to be added to the UG list at the airport.

FWIW, I ended up scoring with "option A" about a month before the flights..^
Old Jan 24, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Since Jan 1st I have gotten upgraded on 2 reward flights (in X inventory). Companion (also in X) was not on the upgrade list (booked with my miles).

The only time I buy domestic reward tickets is within a few days of the flight. If they dont upgrade on the next sweep I generally assume it wont happen. This benefit works so sporadically that it has been more frustration that satisfaction.
Booked a last minute one way for Mrs. NJCommodore in X. Checked her in (while there was R availability). No upgrade and wasn't on EUA list. Cancelled it and put her in F.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Does this work on UA miles issued tickets on UA metal, or not yet?

The credit card offer language seems to say so, but not sure.

Also, do I need my CO or UA number in the res? Is there any difference between them in upgrade windows these days? Plat vs. 1K.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by qasr
Does this work on UA miles issued tickets on UA metal, or not yet?

The credit card offer language seems to say so, but not sure.
I'm not sure either, but I suspecct not. It should after March 3.
Also, do I need my CO or UA number in the res? Is there any difference between them in upgrade windows these days? Plat vs. 1K.
We know it works on CO, but only for the primary cardhlder when that person's CO number is in the reservation.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm not sure either, but I suspecct not. It should after March 3.We know it works on CO, but only for the primary cardhlder when that person's CO number is in the reservation.
So I should at least try changing my UA number to a CO one in the res?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by qasr
So I should at least try changing my UA number to a CO one in the res?
If your CO # is associated with ne of the Chase cards that has this feature and you are flying CO then yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.