Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by pinerd
Award tickets aren't showing up CPU for me. 2 flights this week were award. UA site claims I'm on the list but looking at the list, I am not.
You are looking at two different lists -- the first list is the EUA list (that's where the reservation claims that you are on the upgrade list). If there is availability at the windows 96/72/48/24 hours before departure, they will use this list to clear.

The second list is the airport (battlefield) list. It seems like there are frequent issues getting award tickets on this list for award tix. This is the list that they clear at the gate usually before boarding.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Originally Posted by edcho
You are looking at two different lists -- the first list is the EUA list (that's where the reservation claims that you are on the upgrade list). If there is availability at the windows 96/72/48/24 hours before departure, they will use this list to clear.

The second list is the airport (battlefield) list. It seems like there are frequent issues getting award tickets on this list for award tix. This is the list that they clear at the gate usually before boarding.
Just as a side note on battlefield list. Have had to do two different SDC to an award ticket, the most recent this week. This week had gotten the award ticket CPU on original flight - when I SDC'd it to a different flight it didn't move me onto upgrade list. Took some persistence and 20 minutes on hold for supervisor help but after explaining to 1K desk they were able to "force" me back on to the upgrade list for the flight I changed to. So if anyone does a SDC on an award ticket keep an eye on battlefield list as you'll likely have to call to be manually added to the list and it takes some persistence and patience but it can be accomplished.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat
For the record my award ticket reservation on UA web site has an upgrade note that says:

Eligible for Complimentary Premier Upgrade

You are eligible for a space-available complimentary upgrade, starting 48 hours before departure. When available, these upgrades are cleared automatically and in priority order.

At T-24 there was an additional notification:

Upgrade Requested

Your complimentary space-available upgrade to United First for this flight has been automatically requested. Upgrade requests will remain active up to flight departure time and will be cleared in priority order.

After checking in, view your status on the upgrade standby list at united.com/flightstatus. If you do not see your name on the list, please see a United representative at the airport.

Of course, my name is NOT on the upgrade standby lists, per other posts here. Going to do battle tomorrow at the gate just to see what happens, even though there are zero seats in C open.

Last edited by economyplusfan; Jan 20, 2013 at 10:04 am
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Another data point: I booked an award ticket and while I show up as "upgrade requested" online - I was not added to the standby list when I checked in.

Called and was told that only tickets booked with the Chase Card are eligible. Don't buy it and will be asking at the airport.

::frustrated::
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Booked award tickets in economy for 4 local non-status friends. I put them all on separate locators just for the heck of it. Turns out that all 4 of them got UG'ed. Here's the kicker -- it's on a CR7, so they now have 4 of the 6 seats in F!

No wonder I can't get a CPU to clear anymore..... when Jeffy Jeff isn't selling TOD's for $49, he's giving them away to non-status flyers just because their friend is a 1K with a credit card. Sheesh.

Don't get me wrong, this is great for them, and I'm happy. But this airline is a total joke.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum), HHonors Gold
No Upgrade Eligibility for PMUA Chase Cards?

I have the legacy MP Select card from Chase (the one that gives 5000 PQM/year for United.com purchases). I just booked my first award trip in many, many years (and first as an elite), and noticed that my PNR does not show the usual arrow icon indicating that I'm eligible for an upgrade.

I was under the impression that all of the Chase-issued United cards allowed elites to be eligible for an upgrade on an award booking. However, after skimming through this thread, and seeing the links to the upgrade eligibility page on United.com, I see that the Select card is not listed as one of the cards that would allow me to upgrade. Can someone confirm that the Select card does not make one eligible for an upgrade? It just seems odd to me that all of the CO legacy cards are on the list, but *none* of the UA legacy cards are.

Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by eeebee
Can someone confirm that the Select card does not make one eligible for an upgrade? It just seems odd to me that all of the CO legacy cards are on the list, but *none* of the UA legacy cards are.

Thanks
Ding Ding!

Select isn't eligible. Keep it for the PQMs and get an Explorer Card or a United Club Card and you'll be eligible for upgrades (among other cards). But that Select card isn't getting you upgrades, but it will get you those PQMs.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by eeebee
I was under the impression that all of the Chase-issued United cards allowed elites to be eligible for an upgrade on an award booking. However, after skimming through this thread, and seeing the links to the upgrade eligibility page on United.com, I see that the Select card is not listed as one of the cards that would allow me to upgrade. Can someone confirm that the Select card does not make one eligible for an upgrade? It just seems odd to me that all of the CO legacy cards are on the list, but *none* of the UA legacy cards are.

Thanks
To add SFO 1K's post, upgrades on award tix was a benefit from the CO side (although it never really worked even during the CO days) so those cards had it as a benefit already. I think UA would want people to migrate to the new cards instead of providing new benefits on cards that people no longer can apply for.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.