Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kyte
That's because it's not a real problem - just some fictional nonsense spawned from FT chatter as far as CO is concerned.
If you were elite and the shoe was on the other foot - I guarantee that it would then become a REAL problem for you.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by zigenbock
If you were elite and the shoe was on the other foot - I guarantee that it would then become a REAL problem for you.
Okay 1) I AM elite. 2) It IS a problem for me. 3) Check your sarcasm radar, thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Okay 1) I AM elite. 2) It IS a problem for me. 3) Check your sarcasm radar, thanks.
Hmmm - No sarcasm intended..... Your profile does not show you as elite, and therefore from your post I didn't think it was an issue for you because you did not say your were elite and entitled to this benefit.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by zigenbock
Hmmm - No sarcasm intended..... Your profile does not show you as elite, and therefore from your post I didn't think it was an issue for you because you did not say your were elite and entitled to this benefit.
Check your sarcasm radar, thanks.
radar, as in, I was being sarcastic. It was intended.

In addition, don't assume I'm not elite simply because I dont publicize it. And why would I post multiple times regarding calling CS and OPSC if I did not believe I was entitled to the benefit.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro
So I have a flight on United on January 2. Should this be eligible for an upgrade as a card holder?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Originally Posted by NDtraveler
So I have a flight on United on January 2. Should this be eligible for an upgrade as a card holder?
You should be, but based upon my past experience and the experiences of other FTers, you aren't.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Flying on CO72 tomorrow on an X ticket. Even the station manager won't put me on the standby list because of the belief that reward tickets are in eligible for the EUA. I had the printout of the upgrades page from co.com in hand. CO you can do better than this. If you're gonna offer the benefit, see it through.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by slippahs
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Flying on CO72 tomorrow on an X ticket. Even the station manager won't put me on the standby list because of the belief that reward tickets are in eligible for the EUA. I had the printout of the upgrades page from co.com in hand. CO you can do better than this. If you're gonna offer the benefit, see it through.

I think the profile is GG ONEPLUS
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by channa

I think the profile is GG ONEPLUS
Refused to look it up.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus

Some pssibly useful info posted here is as follows:
  • Have the agent check GG ONEPLUS or GG PRESPLUS
  • Ask the agent to look, "Under the CO DRS -> EUA GEN LINE141"
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Refused to look it up.
Unacceptable in my bk. Call back!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Refused to look it up.
Unacceptable in my bk. Call back!
PNR is already notated with "Ineligible for EUA" according to the ticket agent at HNL based on the phone agent call this morning who was adamant CO72 was ineligible for EUA. I think it's over for me.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
PNR is already notated with "Ineligible for EUA" according to the ticket agent at HNL based on the phone agent call this morning who was adamant CO72 was ineligible for EUA. I think it's over for me.
See if you can get them to print it. Then use it to go after them.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by channa
See if you can get them to print it. Then use it to go after them.
Oh believe me, I tried.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Am I understanding correctly?:

(1) A phone agent incorrectly believes HNL-SFO is ineligible for EUA for any passenger because it is a BusinessFirst flight, and believes this so firmly that they annotated your reservation to say so? But they would believe that reward tickets are otherwise eligible for EUA because they're totally empowered to look under "GG ONEPLUS or GG PRESPLUS" or "Under the CO DRS -> EUA GEN LINE141".

(2) The HNL station manager knows HNL-SFO is eligible for EUA. But they incorrectly believe that reward tickets are not eligible for EUA, and because your PNR is marked "no EUA", they're totally unwilling to look under "GG ONEPLUS or GG PRESPLUS" or "Under the CO DRS -> EUA GEN LINE141".

Last edited by mherdeg; Dec 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.