Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by kyte
Another data point. Upgraded 96 hours out on XN.
It also would be nice to have a few data points about those who are on X. It would suck if those switched from XN to X would have to switch back again.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Originally Posted by edcho
It also would be nice to have a few data points about those who are on X. It would suck if those switched from XN to X would have to switch back again.
LOL great point!! I could see the scramble now!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
Just received 96 hr upgrade on both flights I'm on Friday for a X fare that I had converted from XN to X. ^

BOS-EWR 1149
EWR-LAS 1278
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by jkburns1
Just received 96 hr upgrade on both flights I'm on Friday for a X fare that I had converted from XN to X. ^

BOS-EWR 1149
EWR-LAS 1278
UGH. Now I'm totally confused. Should I keep my XN or switch to X???
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by davesarn
UGH. Now I'm totally confused. Should I keep my XN or switch to X???
Hopefully it won't matter
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Hopefully it won't matter
In theory all things being equal XN is a higher fare class and should be upgraded before X. I would love to hear the official policy from COInsider.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by benolaa
In theory all things being equal XN is a higher fare class and should be upgraded before X. I would love to hear the official policy from COInsider.
COInsider? LOL

The thing is that I am sometimes (as a 1K) get booked under X (or HN) or XN (or YN) or both! I believe XN /YN is the "elite" fare so it should be upgraded (while X/HN should not be). It's gotten messy though so I'm assuming that they should sweep all fares for Elite CC holders.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA (lame duck)1K, US Plat,HHonors Diamond, PC Plat, SPG Plat, MR Platinum
COInsider? LOL

The thing is that I am sometimes (as a 1K) get booked under X (or HN) or XN (or YN) or both! I believe XN /YN is the "elite" fare so it should be upgraded (while X/HN should not be). It's gotten messy though so I'm assuming that they should sweep all fares for Elite CC holders.
XN is an elite eligible only fare. However that doesn't mean an elite can't book an X fare nor does it mean they wouldn't be eligiblefor the upgrade just because it's x. At least I think that's correct - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The bug that was preventing XN's to get upgraded seems to be fixed. With that said I think both X and XN will get upgrades the only issue you could run into is if there were 1 seat left eligible for a cpu and two elites of equal status then the elite on the XN would probably get upgraded prior to the X.

However seems the bugs fixed and this is all going to become a moot point.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by jkburns1
XN is an elite eligible only fare. However that doesn't mean an elite can't book an X fare nor does it mean they wouldn't be eligiblefor the upgrade just because it's x. At least I think that's correct - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The bug that was preventing XN's to get upgraded seems to be fixed. With that said I think both X and XN will get upgrades the only issue you could run into is if there were 1 seat left eligible for a cpu and two elites of equal status then the elite on the XN would probably get upgraded prior to the X.

However seems the bugs fixed and this is all going to become a moot point.
This is true.

However, I wouldn't call the issue 100% fixed. We still haven't heard back about YN.

Talking about this issue, I just received tonight a $50 cert about this issue that I wrote to CO in .... AUGUST! LOL. I was looking at the letter I received today and couldn't remember when I what in the world I wrote about until just now.

At-least they got to my letter... eventually.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Do you have to pay the taxes with the one pass plus credit card? My saved credit card is the PMUA mileage plus visa...

Anyway, I'm in XN, and didn't automatically get put into R/RN (inside the window already) when it was available. It isn't showing as waitlisted for R or RN on united.com which makes me think there is a problem. I called and the agent was useless saying that I would be put on the upgrade list is applicable.

This is PMUA metal, FWIW.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by qasr
Do you have to pay the taxes with the one pass plus credit card? My saved credit card is the PMUA mileage plus visa...

Anyway, I'm in XN, and didn't automatically get put into R/RN (inside the window already) when it was available. It isn't showing as waitlisted for R or RN on united.com which makes me think there is a problem. I called and the agent was useless saying that I would be put on the upgrade list is applicable.

This is PMUA metal, FWIW.
As noted many times previously the window is the earliest you will be upgraded. Whether you are or are not actually upgraded at the window is dependent on other factors like inventory management. And AFAIK there is currently no indication of waitlist for R online. Yes, it's rather non-transparent, but it's the system in place.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kyte
As noted many times previously the window is the earliest you will be upgraded. Whether you are or are not actually upgraded at the window is dependent on other factors like inventory management. And AFAIK there is currently no indication of waitlist for R online. Yes, it's rather non-transparent, but it's the system in place.
Thanks, I understand how upgrades work. My questions was that if there was R space and no waitlist showing that the XN problem likely isn't fixed.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:26 am

Thanks, I understand how upgrades work. My questions was that if there was R space and no waitlist showing that the XN problem likely isn't fixed.
What is your RN availability? Sometimes it won't run if R is greater than 0 but RN is zero.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is your RN availability? Sometimes it won't run if R is greater than 0 but RN is zero.
Is it actually possible for RN0 R1? That seems backwards...

It was R1 RN1 anyway.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:08 pm

Is it actually possible for RN0 R1? That seems backwards...

It was R1 RN1 anyway.
Maybe EUA is stuck (reported in PSS thread)? Try PMing your case to UA Insider.

Complimentary Premier Upgrades (CPU).
We’ve resolved several issues that were impacting processing here. We’re continuing to identify additional use cases, but, are starting to see a return to usual processing. For background, the situation discussed in more detail here has been one of the most common cases. Efforts behind correcting the issues that are resulting in the “A modification has been made to your itinerary . . .” message have been helpful. For example, if your itinerary looks okay, but, you are seeing R seats open and are inside the window for your upgrade, chances are there is someone on the list above you with a reservation in this state that is preventing it from moving forward. While we’ve corrected many situations that were causing this, we’re still looking at each example that we receive via PM (updated 10:30p, March 24)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.