Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premier members who have Chase-issued credit cards are eligible for award ticket upg.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by benolaa
Booked in XN and just got upgraded via the EUA. Can we confirm this issue is now fixed?
I think s. I had a similar experience last weekend.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA CK, DL PLT, HH DIA, MARRIOTT PLT, FAIRMONT LT PLT, HYATT DIA, SIXT PLT, AVIS PC
Another upgrade from XN cleared for me and 2 for a 1K friend all booked in XN. I am willing to say XN problem looks solved. The question is will it automatically go on the airport standby list?
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Two (2) issues with an X class award. Neither of us cleared at any sweep, and neither of us got placed on the upgrade list at checkin. Makes me question whether we were even considered at any sweep.

Ridiculous. No wonder Chase has that disclaimer that they're not responsible for fulfillment. They must know how inconsistent the systems are...
Old Mar 31, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by benolaa
Another upgrade from XN cleared for me and 2 for a 1K friend all booked in XN. I am willing to say XN problem looks solved. The question is will it automatically go on the airport standby list?
Yes, it will. This is a very recent development, however. I was shocked to see myself on the upgrade list yesterday. It's great that they finally fixed this glitch! The days of hassling with agents who have no idea what you are talking about is over.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by channa
Two (2) issues with an X class award. Neither of us cleared at any sweep, and neither of us got placed on the upgrade list at checkin. Makes me question whether we were even considered at any sweep.

Ridiculous. No wonder Chase has that disclaimer that they're not responsible for fulfillment. They must know how inconsistent the systems are...
So maybe we have the opposite glitch problem now and we'll all have to change our X class awards to XN Ugh!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:16 pm

Angry

Flew IAH > EWR yesterday on a reward (YN, 25,000 mile) ticket. Did not get upgraded on any of the sweeps and wasn't even placed on the upgrade list the day of the flight. Called the Platinum Priority Line and was told that I would need to speak to the agent at the airport. At Bag Drop, the agent told me I wasn't eligible for an upgrade because I was on an award ticket. Once I pressed and explained about the Presidential Plus card (she had no idea), she investigated and was able to correct the issue. She said the system defaulted to "Upgrade ineligible" an had to be manually overrided. There were 10 seats open in first at 96 hours out, so I can pretty much assume that I would have gotten an EUA at least 24 hours out. I ended up getting the last seat in first ONLY because there was one no-show.

So, I would say the glitches are definitely NOT all fixed!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by qasr
Do you have to pay the taxes with the one pass plus credit card? My saved credit card is the PMUA mileage plus visa...

Anyway, I'm in XN, and didn't automatically get put into R/RN (inside the window already) when it was available. It isn't showing as waitlisted for R or RN on united.com which makes me think there is a problem. I called and the agent was useless saying that I would be put on the upgrade list is applicable.

This is PMUA metal, FWIW.
R availability does not guarantee a CPU. (whether on a paid or free ticket)

If you are checked in for the flight then you should be showing on the waitlist for an upgrade on mobile.united.com but this functionality is not working on united.com

The new united.com does not show any CPU eligible itineraries as being waitlisted or pending for upgrades prior to check-in. This is different than united.com before March 3. UA Insider has indicated that this functionality will be added later this year. It did not exist on CO.com.

What the agent told you is indeed the way the system is supposed to work - you should be automatically placed on the list for a possible upgrade but agents can't force a CPU just because R is available.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by davesarn
UGH. Now I'm totally confused. Should I keep my XN or switch to X???
Originally Posted by jkburns1
XN is an elite eligible only fare. However that doesn't mean an elite can't book an X fare nor does it mean they wouldn't be eligiblefor the upgrade just because it's x. At least I think that's correct - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The bug that was preventing XN's to get upgraded seems to be fixed. With that said I think both X and XN will get upgrades the only issue you could run into is if there were 1 seat left eligible for a cpu and two elites of equal status then the elite on the XN would probably get upgraded prior to the X.

However seems the bugs fixed and this is all going to become a moot point.

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So maybe we have the opposite glitch problem now and we'll all have to change our X class awards to XN Ugh!

Yikes! After reading this thread two months ago I went to the trouble of changing an XN award to an X award that I'm flying next week. Now who knows if this will work as advertised?

Flying on the 11th so I'll start to get signs this Saturday morning.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
Yikes! After reading this thread two months ago I went to the trouble of changing an XN award to an X award that I'm flying next week. Now who knows if this will work as advertised?

Flying on the 11th so I'll start to get signs this Saturday morning.
Let us know! We could use another X upgrade data point or two...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat (former 1K)
I've had 3 of 4 legs upgrade from XN in advance (2 of them automatically, one I called in to force). The last leg I'm waiting on, despite being within T-48 now and 5 F seats avail, RN=0

See my thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ward-seat.html
(is there an easier way to link to a post?)
Old Apr 4, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, AA: Gold, Hilton: Diamond, Marriott: Plat Premier, Hertz: Pres Circle
Interesting Experience This Week

So, I had booked a one way reward ticket from PDX to PHL through IAD for 4/5/12 in the AM. On 4/3/12 (after the 72 hour window had come and gone Monday with no emails), I called and spoke to someone who had no idea about this free upgrades on reward tickets and said I wasn't eligible. I called back and spoke to someone else who apparently manually overrode me into an R upgrade seat for PDX-IAD, and nothing she could do with a single cabin for IAD-PHL. As I was checking in the early afternoon on 4/4 the PSS system would not let me and instructed me to call an 800 number to have my ticket reissued. I called and was on hold, and when the agent came back on a few minutes later told me I was good to go. When I went back to the online check in a few minutes later I was no longer in F and instead back in Econ +. Called back, again, the agent didn't had a clue. Finally spoke to a supervisor in the call center who told me there was nothing she could do because the PDX-IAD flight in F was full. I made a bit of a stink (it had only been 20 minutes since I had been seated in an F seat) and she ended up giving me an upgrade but having to reroute me on a flight with F availability through SFO.

My question though, is does anyone know where the eligibility for the upgrade falls on the scale. On the old CO website I remember reading that your upgrade should clear still in the same timeframes as your elite status group (I'm a Platinum with United) but after everyone in that group with a revenue ticket clears. No one on the phone today could tell me that.. they kept repeating that this perk is only if there are F seats available after ALL revenue tickets, and ALL mileage and Certificate upgrades clear. It would be great to know that to determine if this perk is really a benefit at all or if it would never ever be used - because lets face it, most Silver Elites never get upgraded to begin with.

Thanks! New to FT- and loving it so far!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by pdxdtm
So, I had booked a one way reward ticket from PDX to PHL through IAD for 4/5/12 in the AM. On 4/3/12 (after the 72 hour window had come and gone Monday with no emails), I called and spoke to someone who had no idea about this free upgrades on reward tickets and said I wasn't eligible. I called back and spoke to someone else who apparently manually overrode me into an R upgrade seat for PDX-IAD, and nothing she could do with a single cabin for IAD-PHL. As I was checking in the early afternoon on 4/4 the PSS system would not let me and instructed me to call an 800 number to have my ticket reissued. I called and was on hold, and when the agent came back on a few minutes later told me I was good to go. When I went back to the online check in a few minutes later I was no longer in F and instead back in Econ +. Called back, again, the agent didn't had a clue. Finally spoke to a supervisor in the call center who told me there was nothing she could do because the PDX-IAD flight in F was full. I made a bit of a stink (it had only been 20 minutes since I had been seated in an F seat) and she ended up giving me an upgrade but having to reroute me on a flight with F availability through SFO.

My question though, is does anyone know where the eligibility for the upgrade falls on the scale. On the old CO website I remember reading that your upgrade should clear still in the same timeframes as your elite status group (I'm a Platinum with United) but after everyone in that group with a revenue ticket clears. No one on the phone today could tell me that.. they kept repeating that this perk is only if there are F seats available after ALL revenue tickets, and ALL mileage and Certificate upgrades clear. It would be great to know that to determine if this perk is really a benefit at all or if it would never ever be used - because lets face it, most Silver Elites never get upgraded to begin with.

Thanks! New to FT- and loving it so far!
It is a benefit that you may possibly clear especially in non-elite heavy routes. Technically you should be able to clear both within your windows (if space is available) or at the airport (if space is available -- but at this point, it would be very unlikely for you).

There are bugs or programming errors that prevent from this happening automatically.

Unfortunately, this benefit is still really unknown to many people. This should've been the first indication on how well UACO communicates with it's employees. The fact that this was a benefit has been here for almost 2 YEARS and is still having major problems (and no one is aware of it) shows you that the boarding order issues, PSS issues, and many others might be here for LONG long while.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by edcho
Unfortunately, this benefit is still really unknown to many people. This should've been the first indication on how well UACO communicates with it's employees. The fact that this was a benefit has been here for almost 2 YEARS and is still having major problems (and no one is aware of it) shows you that the boarding order issues, PSS issues, and many others might be here for LONG long while.
I wouldn't generalize this and say this is how UACO communicates with its employees.

Had there been a new fee, for example, most front-liners would have been aware of it on Day 1.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Had there been a new fee, for example, most front-liners would have been aware of it on Day 1.
I have t agree. I can understand the difficulties in communicating with over 40,000 of one's coworkers, but this has been a benefit for well ver a year.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 2:13 pm

I wouldn't generalize this and say this is how UACO communicates with its employees.

This is true -- It's a mystery how raised baggage fees are immedately communicated but this isn't. Arg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.