Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by USFdonWill
I have 8, 6, and 12 minutes for three different reservations
I've been in "your purchase Is confirmed, you will be notified when internal processing is complete" for the last six hours, do you think that is a problem?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Big thank you to the OP! I have booked a few US-KUL flights!

Has anyone successfully changed their reservations through their phone? I have a reservation this coming weekend and would like to switch from TG to SQ F. Every time the agent tried to change it for me, it will confirm but once they call the rate desk, it will come back as unconfirmed. According to the agent, it goes from HK to UC when she's on hold with the rate desk.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:09 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
I've been in "your purchase Is confirmed, you will be notified when internal processing is complete" for the last six hours, do you think that is a problem?
It looks like SQ figured out the glitch and they started to fix things up. I just tried to make another booking on SQ and seats are gone for many dates.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:14 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It looks like SQ figured out the glitch and they started to fix things up. I just tried to make another booking on SQ and seats are gone for many dates.
I think people are just booking things up. I am still seeing wide open on dates I'm looking at
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:15 am

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
I called in again and agent said the record needed to be cleaned up a bit. Apparently the agent put it though to buy it but did not include the rate information... He fixed that said it should complete soon, if not by this afternoon call in again. Once I was off the phone it showed as ticketed!!!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:20 am

OK so I got my ticket and the US airways agent gave mr a SQ reservation number.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
What's crazy (at least to me) is the number of F seats available ON EACH FLIGHT! I booked 2x F on each of my six SQ flights (as part of an eight-flight itinerary), but am still seeing an additional 1, 2 or 3 F seats available on each flight!

Crazy to think that someone could book 4x F on an SQ77W! I'm just hoping that I get swapped out on my SIN-SYD or MEL-SIN flights from the 77W to the 388!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:47 am

Wow am I glad I woke up early this morning! Between me, my wife, and my mother, we just redeemed more than half a million miles.

(and our ticket numbers were issued by UA within minutes)

Thank you OP ^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by nigelloring; Jul 8, 2012 at 6:28 am
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Plat; no plans for chasing any more airline status.
AUSSIE DO??

Come one! There have been hundreds (I'm sure) of reward tickets booked all over the world with this (very) early SQ x-mas gift. Any of you book to Australia?

Can we get a mini-do?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: A few
This is great.... The irony for me is that while space is still wide open, in searching for sq space to male I actually found a better routing with Qatar ... Now I know qr is not sq nut they ain't bad in j and the connections are so good just had to take it! Y'all enjoy sq this is a great opportunity!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Exclamation Unnamed SQ Station Mgr "We will accept these tkts, at least for today"

I just spoke to a SQ Station Manager who I have met close to a dozen times and who's card I found in my wallet (i looked hard for it). I called to ask if he knew about these award tickets and would they be honored by SQ if I had a booking. He told me he was already contacted by SQ HQ and told to honor the tickets "at least for today" and until HQ comes out with an actual directive. He did say that it was "suggested" to him that he advise passengers to reconfirm any onward or return flights as they may be rescheduled by The issuing airline on different carriers. He does not believe they will honor all the tkts (but said that was his "strong" belief, not any policy he was told about but he said to read between the lines. If he was told to have ground staff advise passengers to reconfirm onward / return flights, that means they probably plan to throw this back at UA/US (and Virgin was also apparently allowed to book these seats as well)

I can't say what station manager for obvious reasons but can say he's in Western Europe (Not the US) and SQ has more then 1 flight a day from his airport

Take it for what it's worth
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
anyone getting this message?:
There is a delay in the issuance of your ticket(s). We have requested confirmation of your flights from Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airlines.This process may take up to 24 hours. Your miles will not be deducted from your account until your flights are confirmed and your ticket is issued. We will notify you via email upon confirmation.

keeping my fingers crossed. Just booked about 15 minutes ago for YUL-DPS managed to get MUC-SIN in F. Could have probably gotten a better routing if i called.. but obviously did not want to do that!!!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:34 am

Hey so I've not redeemed any *A partner awards since the CO merger, but I've read reports that even if you get a 016 ticket number, the ticket number may not be linked to the partner airline's record (if one exists).

So can some kind FTers please offer some practical advice for those of us who have 016 ticket numbers on SQ flights? Should we call SQ to get PNRs and combine them with the 016 ticket numbers? Should we call UA and panic?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by nigelloring
Hey so I've not redeemed any *A partner awards since the CO merger, but I've read reports that even if you get a 016 ticket number, the ticket number may not be linked to the partner airline's record (if one exists).

So can some kind FTers please offer some practical advice for those of us who have 016 ticket numbers on SQ flights? Should we call SQ to get PNRs and combine them with the 016 ticket numbers? Should we call UA and panic?
All tickets since 3/3 say 016. What has that got to do with anything. You should call SQ anyway regardless to get your PNR and confirm they have received the tkt numbers from UA - that goes for any award tkt with ANY partner. Not just SQ
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by aaron1262
anyone getting this message?:
There is a delay in the issuance of your ticket(s). We have requested confirmation of your flights from Singapore Airlines and Singapore Airlines.This process may take up to 24 hours. Your miles will not be deducted from your account until your flights are confirmed and your ticket is issued. We will notify you via email upon confirmation.
Nope. The miles were deducted from my account in ~10 minutes but then again they were J tickets.

SunLover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.