Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOW EXPIRED]: SQ releasing almost all F award (O)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
Actually, SQ availability seems to have returned to united.com as of early this afternoon!
Cricketeer, I've been looking for 3 seats in SQ J on ua.com for a while, with no luck. What dates and in what class and what routing are you talking about? Preferably, I'd like to find SQ1 from SFO-HKG in July or Aug next summer. If nothing shows up on line, how are people's experience getting 3 SQ seats in J through phone res?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by ankdc
Preferably, I'd like to find SQ1 from SFO-HKG in July or Aug next summer. If nothing shows up on line, how are people's experience getting 3 SQ seats in J through phone res?
You are not going to find J availability on SQ1 either online or on the phone with UA miles. Sorry.

You can find availability for SQ Y online. There is also availability for regional J, through it seems that you need to book via the phone.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by gpeso8
You are not going to find J availability on SQ1 either online or on the phone with UA miles. Sorry.
Never say never! The reason this very thread was created was because you could. It does happen.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by RoninTech
Never say never! The reason this very thread was created was because you could. It does happen.
I just don't want ankdc to waste his/her time waiting for the next system changeover.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 3:05 pm

If not SQ1, has anyone had any luck with J availability on any other N Am routes?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: A Few
If not SQ1, has anyone had any luck with J availability on any other N Am routes?
With very few exceptions, SQ does not make J or F award seats available to *A partners on routes operated by the A345, 77W, or A380...so you will not find any seats to or from NA.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 3:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I can see how the thread title would lead folks to think you can now book SQ F (and lower). However looking back in the thread you'll see this was actually a very temporary thing with SQ that folks who were fortunate enough to notice jumped all over. Normally, only Y gets released by SQ to other *A airlines.

Maybe a mod could put an [Expired] or some other tag in the title to prevent any further confusion.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, AA, WN, UA, US, WN, BA.
I am flying SQ 2 HKG-SFO in February and the equipment was switched to an A380, thus I am in suites class. My wife and I were the only two booked in the cabin and were in seats 2C/2D up until today. However, I got a notification via Award Wallet that my seats were changed and we are now in 3C/3D. Seats 2C/2D are also showing as occupied as I wanted to change it back to row 2. Is it possible that SQ went in and changed our assigned seats for us and if so, for what reason?
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by glader
I am flying SQ 2 HKG-SFO in February and the equipment was switched to an A380, thus I am in suites class. My wife and I were the only two booked in the cabin and were in seats 2C/2D up until today. However, I got a notification via Award Wallet that my seats were changed and we are now in 3C/3D. Seats 2C/2D are also showing as occupied as I wanted to change it back to row 2. Is it possible that SQ went in and changed our assigned seats for us and if so, for what reason?
2C/D are normally blocked from pre-assignment. Check the seat map on any day and you will see these seats are always "occupied". I'm guessing SQ is just moving people that had got these seats due the aircraft swap into row 3.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by glader
In case it helps - there is no real difference between 2C/D and 3C/D, and in fact I prefer 3C/D - that part of the cabin is a little more light and airy (there are no stairs overhead in 3CD and it is lighter because of the extra windows at 3A/K). There is no noticeable noise difference between row 2 and row 3.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
What should I do?

Both United and Singapore are saying I no longer have a ticket for my Singapore Airlines first class leg?

I booked MUC-SIN in first for April 2013. I booked it on the phone on July 8th with a United rep. On the 9th, a different United rep got me seat assignments for all flight legs for this trip, and she confirmed everything was good to go with my reservation. The flight also showed as ticketed and confirmed on the United website as well as the email confirmation.

Yesterday, when I called to get a booking reference, the United phone representative said "Singapore has changed the MUC-SIN leg to unconfirmed" and that they could only book my in economy. I said this was unacceptable, since I had a confirmed first booking, and the CSR said she'd have to escalate it to a supervisor who wasn't working until the next day.

I then called Singapore. At first the rep said he couldn't see the MUC-SIN leg at all. When I asked him to search by ticket number, he said the MUC-SIN leg showed on the ticket; however, it was not showing as booked, so it wasn't a valid leg until United reinstated it.

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between the terms "ticketed" and "booked," and don't understand why the flight is no longer valid.

I'm also pissed United didn't tell me about this, since the Singapore CSR said, had I not asked, I would have arrived in MUC and then would not have been allowed to continue onto SIN because that part of the ticket was no longer valid.

I paid for the ticket, had both the money and miles deducted, and had everything confirmed, so I'm not sure what I should do. Does this violate DOT 14 CFR 399.84 (Price Advertising) or DOT 14 CFR 399.88 or 399.89 (Post Purchase Price Increases)?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by DAS02135
What should I do?

Both United and Singapore are saying I no longer have a ticket for my Singapore Airlines first class leg?

I booked MUC-SIN in first for April 2013. I booked it on the phone on July 8th with a United rep. On the 9th, a different United rep got me seat assignments for all flight legs for this trip, and she confirmed everything was good to go with my reservation. The flight also showed as ticketed and confirmed on the United website as well as the email confirmation.

Yesterday, when I called to get a booking reference, the United phone representative said "Singapore has changed the MUC-SIN leg to unconfirmed" and that they could only book my in economy. I said this was unacceptable, since I had a confirmed first booking, and the CSR said she'd have to escalate it to a supervisor who wasn't working until the next day.

I then called Singapore. At first the rep said he couldn't see the MUC-SIN leg at all. When I asked him to search by ticket number, he said the MUC-SIN leg showed on the ticket; however, it was not showing as booked, so it wasn't a valid leg until United reinstated it.

I'm having trouble understanding the difference between the terms "ticketed" and "booked," and don't understand why the flight is no longer valid.

I'm also pissed United didn't tell me about this, since the Singapore CSR said, had I not asked, I would have arrived in MUC and then would not have been allowed to continue onto SIN because that part of the ticket was no longer valid.

I paid for the ticket, had both the money and miles deducted, and had everything confirmed, so I'm not sure what I should do. Does this violate DOT 14 CFR 399.84 (Price Advertising) or DOT 14 CFR 399.88 or 399.89 (Post Purchase Price Increases)?
Your blaming UA when the blame may very easily be with SQ. You need to do more research before throwing out DOT regs & complaints. Clearly you were screwed & someone should make it right (though that might not happen). But first you need to make sure it was ticketed correctly in the first place. Did UA send the tkt numbers to SQ? If they did & SQ just cancelled it, your fight is with SQ. If they didn't then your fight is with UA but they are NOT going to buy you a tkt. the most they will do is help find avail space in TG or LH. Finally, why did you wait till now to call for a record locator. Almost EVERYONE knew to get your record locators & tkt numbers in order months ago. Why would you assume everything was o.k. Without at least getting that info first
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Why would you assume everything was o.k. Without at least getting that info first
When an agent made seat assignments for me the day after booking and I received an email saying the flights were ticketed and confirmed, I thought that was a pretty good reason to assume everything was okay.

I'm focusing on United because United sold me the ticket, and so my contract is with them. They can blame anyone or anything they want in their processes and/or their partners', but that won't change the fact that they are the one's who are responsible for resolving it. Singapore certainly isn't going to help.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
When an agent made seat assignments for me the day after booking and I received an email saying the flights were ticketed and confirmed, I thought that was a pretty good reason to assume everything was okay.

I'm focusing on United because United sold me the ticket, and so my contract is with them. They can blame anyone or anything they want in their processes and/or their partners', but that won't change the fact that they are the one's who are responsible for resolving it. Singapore certainly isn't going to help.
AND UA will solve it, just not the way you wan. The fact is UA will not pay for a new seat on SQ for you. Even complaining to the DOT won't do anything since I'm sure UA will step in & get you from MUC-SIN, just not on SQ in F. If they put you in TG or LH as far as the DOT is concerned they have made good on the mistake. Of course you prefer to fly SQ but no one is going to force UA to put you on SQ, it's just the way it is. It sucks & your right to be pissed but next time you'll know to get record locators when you book, not 2 months later

People here love to talk about "contracts" but many don't understand what the contracts even say (I'm not speaking about you). Yes, UA sold you a tkt from MUC-SIN & they are responsible for making good on that. But no where on any tkt does it guarantee a certain flight or even time. Yes, you can reserve certain flights & times but they are subject to change. You might get more help with EU regs but they will tell you your fight is with SQ. Also Unfortunatly, you already know there is a problem so have time to fix it

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:21 pm
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:32 pm

What should I do?

Are you able to pull your PNR on SQ's mobile site? If so does it show your segments in F at all?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.