Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
:-: United's Global First Lounges located at LHR, JFK, ORD, SFO, HKG and NRT are for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First or in International First Class on a Star Alliance member aircraft with more than two classes of service departing that day from that airport.

:-: United's Global First Lounge located at IAD is for the exclusive use of passengers traveling in United's Global First. See
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20895856-post36.html for documentation of the exclusion of non-UA F pax from the IAD GFL.
10/31/2013
This has now been confirmed to be false and an incorrect denial by the IAD GFL staff per UA Insider - see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21700252-post535.html

Passengers must be holding a same day ticket for flights departing to/from a Trans Atlantic, Trans Pacific, Southern South America, Africa or a Middle East destination. Passengers connecting to/from other United/United Express flights will be admitted as long as the above requirements are met.

Global Services members can also use Global First Lounges when traveling in BusinessFirst or p.s. (JFK-LAX/SFO) BusinessFirst cabin.

A GS who arrives in BF or GF will be admitted to the GFL. A pax who arrives in GF (Global First - UA operated flight 3-class aircraft) will be admitted to the GFL. A GS or pax who arrives on other metal will not be admitted on that basis.

from United Global First and Arrivals lounges
United Global FirstSM Lounge

The United Global First Lounge is an oasis of service and privacy. Tailored to the needs of United Global First customers on long-haul international flights*, we offer personalized services, complimentary hors d'oeuvres and premium beverages.
Access policy

The following customers may access the United Global First lounge by showing their United boarding pass for a flight arriving or departing on a same-day (within 24 hours) itinerary.

United Global First customers traveling on long-haul international flights*
Star Alliance™ First customers departing on international flights

These eligible United Global First Lounge visitors are allowed one adult or child to accompany them as a guest.

*Long-haul international flights are between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East or South America.
Print Wikipost

Global First Lounge (IFL / GFL) Access Questions and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: UA GS/1MM, Ritz Carlton Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Per WineCountryUA, it will not be a problem assuming you're arriving in UA GlobalFirst.

Not correct. If connecting from UA GlobalFirst, access is allowed upon arrival.
Kacee is correct. I regularly stop in at SFO GFL when connecting at SFO from an int'l flight (in GF) to a domestic one, to take a shower, before heading to the domestic terminals. Have never had a problem getting in, and they often look at my BP very carefully.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The IAD GFL could easily be made nicer and more stylish with a little money. Certainly has lots of space.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Once you re-clear security after customs, you will be airside. The domestic (E&F gates) and international (G gates) terminals are connected airside. If you are arriving in GF on UA metal, you can have access to the GF lounge in the International term. If not arriving on UA, you don't have access.
How much time does it take to get from the GF lounge to the domestic (in this case, E) gates? I have a ~2-hour international-to-domestic connection —.worth going to the GF lounge, or should I just go to the UC?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by rafatmit
How much time does it take to get from the GF lounge to the domestic (in this case, E) gates? I have a ~2-hour international-to-domestic connection —.worth going to the GF lounge, or should I just go to the UC?
10 minute walk
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
They (Amex) have become my haven lately at SFO and DFW. The UCs are so not inviting. But that's what UA wants them to be. I'm hoping Amex plants a Centurion lounge at IAD with all that extra space in the D side of the concourse (hint to Amex).
At least IAD has the Lufthansa lounge.

I would rather see a Centurion lounge at ORD first.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by Skacorica
HKG - Was just sort of in and out but I wasn't terribly impressed.
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
HKG: Not hugely better than the UC it adjoins, but that says more (nice) about the HKG UC itself.
The major difference between HKG IFL and UC is IFL has a cook-to-order menus, also have variety of bottle juices (even Kiwi, watermelon, mango), toiletries are not from a wall mounted dispenser, used to be the standard NRT RCC shower kit, now replacing with Philosophy small bottles.

Originally Posted by nmstough
Im flying to the US from HKG through SFO in January, first class. I have an 8 hour connecting wait in SFO. Does anybody know how I can get to the Global First lounge since I am arriving at the international terminal and departing at the domestic terminal. Can I go back into the international departures area for it? As you can easily understand I don't want to spend 8 hours in the awful United Club if I can avoid it.
Don't forget you also have access to the Arrivals, just right outside immigration. If for some reason you want to go into town, you can still go to the Arrivals at least for a shower and light breakfast, since it is landside. Whereas SFO IFL is airside, you have to reclear security to get back in.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Dec 15, 2014 at 3:03 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Not sure if this has been posted but HON flying Business will be allowed into the UA GF lounges.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...cess-c-bp.html
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
And the logic for UA allowing that? I'd like to visit the LH F Terminal at FRA while flying in C on LH or UA as a UA 1k/GS let alone F on UA into /out of FRA.

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Not sure if this has been posted but HON flying Business will be allowed into the UA GF lounges.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...cess-c-bp.html
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And the logic for UA allowing that?
$$$
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
And the logic for UA allowing that? I'd like to visit the LH F Terminal at FRA while flying in C on LH or UA as a UA 1k/GS let alone F on UA into /out of FRA.
FCT is impossible, as if how many more Mercedes, FCT have to get in order to accommodate all those extra UA GS pax ???

Keep in mind FCT is not connected to any terminals, Mercedes car or van are the only option to get you to the plane.

The only thing is I think LH should allow UA GS flying C or above to use LH FCL as a reciprocal treatment.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:36 pm

Quick Question: What times does the GFL in ORD open at? I'm flying the 10:45am ANA flight and I'm not sure if United has any international departures earlier than that...
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by First_Class_ORD
Quick Question: What times does the GFL in ORD open at? I'm flying the 10:45am ANA flight and I'm not sure if United has any international departures earlier than that...
Opens at 5 am. No worries there.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Opens at 5 am. No worries there.
Great, thanks. I'll have to prevent myself from drinking the Veuve in order to fully enjoy the Krug on ANA!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by First_Class_ORD
Great, thanks. I'll have to prevent myself from drinking the Veuve....
Don't get your hopes up....
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Don't get your hopes up....
What do you mean? The last 3 times I've been in the GFL at ORD, Veuve has been available. All 3 trips were in the past 2 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.