New HON benefit: UA Global First Lounges access with C BP

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
New HON benefit: UA Global First Lounges access with C BP

This just in:

Based on the results of the HON Circle survey we sent out at the start of this year, we learned among other things, that there was a wish to enjoy the comfort of First Class Lounges at more international airports. As a first step, we have therefore agreed with our partner United Airlines that as a HON Circle Member, you will now be able to use the United Global First Lounges when travelling in Business Class.
United Airlines will welcome you into their lounges at Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Newark, Washington, Tokyo, Hong Kong and London. You will be able to access the lounge with your boarding pass for a scheduled intercontinental flight operated by Lufthansa or United Airlines for a same day departure in Business Class as well as your HON Circle service card.
Please note, that you will not be able to use all the services offered in the United Global First Lounge with your Business Class boarding pass. Youll find more details here.

I hope that with this additional benefit you will be able to use your time as productively as possible when you travel.

Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:07 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Sounds good. Anything on LX flights or just LH?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seems to be just LH: No LX or OS.

(We can request this in the upcoming 2015 survey! )
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by HKG1111
Sounds good. Anything on LX flights or just LH?
Why would I use UA First instead of LH HonCircle in New York? In the past I could use UAFirst in HKG (in addition to ThaiFirst) with the whole family, now only for me. In Chicago there is no UA First near the LH Boarding gate. In SFO - I agree - in the very unlikely case - I Travel alone a potential advantage. As usual - no real advantage in many cases, only marketing bla bla.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kasi
Why would I use UA First instead of LH HonCircle in New York? In the past I could use UAFirst in HKG (in addition to ThaiFirst) with the whole family, now only for me. In Chicago there is no UA First near the LH Boarding gate. In SFO - I agree - in the very unlikely case - I Travel alone a potential advantage. As usual - no real advantage in many cases, only marketing bla bla.
The benefit also applies to UA flights. Think of LHR to USA or TransPac.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
But it is still in the same terminal just different concourse.

The LH gate at ORD are also use as UA flights when LH isn't in use, and there are UA int'l flights departing at B16 and B17 as well, I don't see any problem for those UA F pax track to concourse C to use UA IFL. Not to mention, many pax do not have ORD as origins, if they are coming from another flight, more than likely they will arrive in C as well, so the IFL is not far before they go to B.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Does anyone know if this benefit also applies to passengers who are traveling on an F ticket, or only for HON (in F or C)?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
But it is still in the same terminal just different concourse.

The LH gate at ORD are also use as UA flights when LH isn't in use, and there are UA int'l flights departing at B16 and B17 as well, I don't see any problem for those UA F pax track to concourse C to use UA IFL. Not to mention, many pax do not have ORD as origins, if they are coming from another flight, more than likely they will arrive in C as well, so the IFL is not far before they go to B.
And LH will send a representative to the GFL to collect LH pax at boarding time. No limo, but they walk you over to the gate and make sure you're in the special line.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1003U
Does anyone know if this benefit also applies to passengers who are traveling on an F ticket, or only for HON (in F or C)?
With F tickets you will be eligible to use the IFL anyway.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How about Global Services members. Will they get access to the Lufthansa First Class Lounges as well? Seems a bit unfair if Lufthansa doesn't chose to reciprocate the benefit.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by Rambuster
With F tickets you will be eligible to use the IFL anyway.
Sorry, yes, my bad, it makes sense.
It never occurred to me that the GS/IFL has always been an option.

My typical F gateways (on the rare occasions I am flying F) in N. America are JFK or DEN, so I never really paid attention to what UA has on offer for its IFL nor that LH already had worked out access... :-)

Maybe I should get out more...or buy more F tickets...
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LH4116
How about Global Services members. Will they get access to the Lufthansa First Class Lounges as well? Seems a bit unfair if Lufthansa doesn't chose to reciprocate the benefit.
I doubt UA is just doing LH a favor, they are getting cash for granting access to the IFL@:-)
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH4116
Money talks!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
As usual - no real advantage in many cases, only marketing bla bla.
Many (most?) frequent business travelers fly solo most of the time.

This is more or less the same benefit UA grants its GS, and it is often identified as one of their favorite benefits.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Seems to be just LH: No LX or OS.

(We can request this in the upcoming 2015 survey! )
Yes, got confirmation tonight. No LX or OS so far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.