Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channels—the launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. There’s a lot we’ve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Here’s an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements won’t stop there—our new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, F9 Summit, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Plat
Oracle TNS errors ftw.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: *G
crashes on Android 4.0 (galaxy nexus); slow; buggy; nothing has gone right in the United world in 2012 for me...
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
Originally Posted by deniah
crashes on Android 4.0 (galaxy nexus); slow; buggy; nothing has gone right in the United world in 2012 for me...
Crashes 1-2x daily for me as well
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
It seems to be getting slower and slower every day. Oddly, certain PNR's load slower than others. I am getting the "United Data Services not available" error more often than before.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
IMO phone app text version of phone app works better

Originally Posted by Continental250K
Crashes 1-2x daily for me as well
I use a Palm (lame I know) and the Smartphone version hangs up a lot for me, even well before March 3. Things work just fine when I switch to the text version of the app. Look at the bottom middle of the home screen for the link to switch between the two versions.

The text version isn't as easy to visually navigate but it works better with my device.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA PG, Hyatt Plat, SPG, AAadvantage
Having trouble here as well. I'm glad I took a screen shot of my mobile bp so I won't have to worry about getting a paper one to clear security tonight.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
It seems to mostly work for me on my iPhone. But when I was using it in Shanghai in the morning local time I frequently had issues. I wonder if they have some maintenance going on during those times?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:46 am

Programs: UA
Not only slow and give errors, but also has wrong information for RDM. The website shows the correct #, but the mobile version still shows old info.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I just use the desktop site for everything EXCEPT mobile boarding passes.

Had a legal name change to my account that united.com changed a while ago; Mobile app still shows old name (uninstalled it, etc), mobile site; mobile.united.com shows correct name. So assuming mobile app proxies through another server hence why it's slow, stale and buggy prone.

For those on Android; use the Chrome Beta; you can click "Request Desktop site" now and it won't try to go to mobile site and every feature including seatmaps, etc, all works fine with it.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I just use the desktop site for everything EXCEPT mobile boarding passes. Flightstats app is also better for flight status/tracking than United (or any airline app anyway)

Had a legal name change to my account that united.com changed a while ago; Mobile app still shows old name (uninstalled it, etc), mobile site; mobile.united.com shows correct name. So assuming mobile app proxies through another server hence why it's slow, stale and buggy prone.

For those on Android; use the Chrome Beta; you can click "Request Desktop site" now and it won't try to go to mobile site and every feature including seatmaps, etc, all works fine with it.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, Avis 1st
Everything I try to do on the app on my android results in seeing "United Data Services Not Available" has been this way for me for weeks. However it still works fine on my iPad
Old Apr 27, 2012, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Same here

Mine was giving the same issues as well with loading very slow sometimes and the data services not available.

Also, I was getting funny things when checking the flight status of a reservation with a popup saying "United flight XXX does not operate on this day"... I sure hope it does, as I'm in the United Club after checking in for the damn flight!
Old May 5, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA GS/MM, MR PPE/LTG, ‎TSA Pre✓, NEXUS, APEC BTC, UKBF RT, CLEAR, DXB E-GATE
United App for Android no longer updating?

Noticed that the United Android App is not updating YTD mileage or premier mileage either. The ipad/iphone app seems to be working just fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled the App, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. Am I the only one experiencing this or is it more widespread?
Old May 5, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
Wrong server?

I think this may be pointing to wrong server. I have seen this for more than a week now.
Old May 6, 2012, 1:10 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by denuaflier
I think this may be pointing to wrong server. I have seen this for more than a week now.
Same here... Hopefully, they will release an update with a fix soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.