Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channels—the launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. There’s a lot we’ve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Here’s an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements won’t stop there—our new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: All opinions/interpretations expressed here are my own and are not officially sanctioned by UA
Originally Posted by davef139
I was only able to see my name on the waitlist after I checked in and it didn't update right away. It was also like 7pm at night, not sure if they do sweeps to update the list.
Same as for CO, it only shows people on the Departure Management list, meaning people who have checked in so far. So don't freak out when you see you're sitting pretty as number one on the list when you check in at 24 hrs out and 12 hours later you're number 10... And for those wondering, no, neither CO or UA show on the app or on the web the waitlist before it gets to DM.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
At last! Not a bad app!
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by IslandSkies
don't freak out when you see you're sitting pretty as number one on the list when you check in at 24 hrs out and 12 hours later you're number 10...
Too late for that
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Cool app, but why can I not see the standby list or cleared list for my flight within 24 hours? UA operated, UA metal, SFO-SNA. Checked in via the app, can see the seat map and flight status, but can't click on the stand by or cleared tab (amenities as well, but don't really care about that one)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
I am hoping this is a fluke. I saw the cleared and standby and standby for upgrade lists just last week exactly at t-24 hours. Now today crap.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Well, I booked a reservation through the App yesterday, logged in with my UA MP account, all looked fine, although the seat selection screen looked a bit odd - no E+ showing.

Then when I got the the final step I received the CO confirmation screen rather than the UA screen. It says my CC was charged - too soon to see the billing online at the CC site however - but I can't find any trace of the reservation in either the UA or CO systems. I don't even have a PNR since it was all done on the phone and I never got any e-mail confirmation.

I've read that CO sometimes takes awhile to issue the ticket, should I just back and wait? It's been about 18 hourse since the booking.

Is the App really hardwired to go the CO reservation system rather than UA, even when logged in via your MP account?
Old Sep 27, 2011, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The plot thickens. After giving it 24 hours and with still no reservation showing on either UA or CO, I called UA customer service.

After a bit of browsing the agent first said "I see it on both sites, billed via CO" and then. "Ah, there is no FF number in the reservation." She added it and all is now well.

So, it looks like even though I was logged in and I carefully selected "Milepig" as the passenger, the system didn't record the number in the reservation. I wonder if this is an actual bug, or just a hiccup. Also puzzled about why the UA app billed me via CO (yes, I know they just cloned the CO app, but could they really have not redirected the billing to UA.) I just have a feeling that this trip will be trouble again before I'm through.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA
Originally Posted by milepig
Also puzzled about why the UA app billed me via CO (yes, I know they just cloned the CO app, but could they really have not redirected the billing to UA.) I just have a feeling that this trip will be trouble again before I'm through.
I booked on the app this morning just for kicks and had the same frustrations as you. Here are the glitches I see (in case you are reading this, UAL...):

(1) CO app in UA clothing. Since the UA app is actually a CO booking engine, the flight didn't show up when I logged into UA.com. I had to manually look it up before it became visible on my list of upcoming reservations.

(2) The app doesn't update itself. Even though I booked using the app, the reservation cannot be viewed on the app! It doesn't automatically show up on the home screen, which seems like a no-brainer. The app won't pull up the reservation even if I manually enter the confirmation number.

(3) MP number mix-up.. I entered Mr. Sheremetyevo's MP number during the booking, but the app didn't take mine. I had to manually enter it. The other strange thing is that when I first reviewed the reservation on UA.com, it said "2P / *S" even though he has no status and I do.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: United 2P
Originally Posted by jasonvr
Cool app, but why can I not see the standby list or cleared list for my flight within 24 hours? UA operated, UA metal, SFO-SNA. Checked in via the app, can see the seat map and flight status, but can't click on the stand by or cleared tab (amenities as well, but don't really care about that one)
I like the app, but I find it is very flaky in terms of when I can see the upgrade list. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when I can access the upgrade list.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Diamond, Hyatt Plat, AA Plat, SPG Plat/Lifetime Plat, Amex Plat / PRG, DClub
I'm addicted....
Old Oct 17, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: Continental
IF you book a UA flight on the UA app, it will book as a CO ticket and UA codeshare.
That is what happened to me.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:12 pm

disappearing reservations?

Anyone have reservations disappear from the app? I had several that were listed for weeks disappear yesterday and they haven't returned. The ones that went missing all had more than one person on the pnr. Still visible on .bomb.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I have a UA flight coming up, with my MP #, but associated with CO. (Part of my existing reservations on CO.com) Can I check-in from the CO Andoid app?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I think it gets billed by CO since I thought it is their systems that will take over when they are fully merged into one. Remember even though the new company is called United, CO is the one that is truly taking over.

On a note on booking in the app, be careful when booking international tickets. If you select First instead of BusFirst when booking a ticket you will be offered a ticket in the same fare class and on the same planes as if you selected BusFirst. However you will be offered a fare costing three times the amount. I realized this when booking a SAT-IAH-LHR flight. Selecting BusFirst offered the fare in Z class for $4k (which is normal). For kicks I went back to see what selecting First would do. It offered the same flights in the same Z class but wanted $12k.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 2P
I used the UA android app to check-in to a trip over the weekend and found something interesting. Travelling with a companion as a UA2P on CO (codeshare), I selected only myself for checkin on my phone. The app offered to add me to the upgrade list. I knew I had no shot, but I was curious what would happen because I was on the same PNR as my companion. Well... it automatically split the PNR and added me to the U/G list. That was unexpected!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.