Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channels—the launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. There’s a lot we’ve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Here’s an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements won’t stop there—our new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
How does one "pause" an app?
I "hold on" to the App Icon on my phone screen for a couple of seconds, but not click on it (because clicking the icon will open the app), then a few options will appear just on the right of the app icon, the 1st is "App Info", the second is "Pause App", the 3rd is "widgets". I click on the Pause app" and go back to my browser. Then after everything is done, I go through the same process and choose "unpause app".

My phone is Android, Google Pixel 8 pro , previously also worked with LG phone.
SPN Lifer and Repooc17 like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
The Android app has become so bloated, it is now constantly quitting on its own even performing basic functions. Most recently, it took me until the 4th try to buy a $95 ticket. Smh...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The Android app has become so bloated, it is now constantly quitting on its own even performing basic functions. Most recently, it took me until the 4th try to buy a $95 ticket. Smh...
What type of phone do you have? Android UA app has never quit on me on my Pixel 8 nor my Pixel 8 Pro.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by physioprof
What type of phone do you have? Android UA app has never quit on me on my Pixel 8 nor my Pixel 8 Pro.
Pixel 4a.

It's an older phone, yes, but I have other memory intensive apps - e.g. games, which has never quit on me ever.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pixel 4a.

It's an older phone, yes, but I have other memory intensive apps - e.g. games, which has never quit on me ever.
I use that phone for android also, and currently I don't have any reliability issues with the app (version 4.1.107). My main gripe is that they are adding updates and features more slowly to android than to ios. In particular, I wish they'd add the 2048 number tiles game to android.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:45 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Pixel 4a.

I've had every Pixel except 5, and Pixel 8 is the best yet, by far. And there are really good deals available now...
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting observation, on an recent "international" (Puerto Rico to Canada) itinerary, I got boarding passes from a kiosk at LAX. I then downloaded the UA app on my phone, and for whatever reason, electronic boarding passes never appeared on the home sceeen of the app. This was different than my previous experience, where I could access electronic boarding passes (in the app) from the home page even after retrieving them in person. Also my flights never showed up automatically in flight status area of the app.

While I could still get my boarding passes from Trips area of the app, I was hoping to get them on the home screen of the app. I was on a separate itinerary heading into Puerto Rico, and due to delay, was hoping to get some real time notification of the UA flight, such as actual start of board time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.