Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channels—the launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. There’s a lot we’ve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Here’s an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements won’t stop there—our new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I was checking UA 803 NRT-BKK last week using the mobile app (primarily, I wanted to see where I was on the u/g waitlist). I figured I would look for UA 803 on 12/7 (the date of the flight), but no, actually, one has to look for UA 803 on 12/6, since NRT-BKK is a continuation of the 12/6 RDU-IAD-NRT flights--even though it departs on 12/7 from NRT.

I guess this is a byproduct of the "direct" flight # (and it affects UA.bomb and CO.sux as well as the UA mobile app). Still, it's quite counter-intuitive. I want to know the status of a flight on the date it's operated, not the date the first segment of the "direct" flight was operated. @:-)

Originally Posted by milepig
The plot thickens. After giving it 24 hours and with still no reservation showing on either UA or CO, I called UA customer service.

After a bit of browsing the agent first said "I see it on both sites, billed via CO" and then. "Ah, there is no FF number in the reservation." She added it and all is now well.
I just ran into the same thing with a booking via UA.bomb (not the mobile app).
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
Hi,

every time I enter the confirmation code and the name the whole app crashes. In both UA and Co app.

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

S.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Monty_GER
Hi,

every time I enter the confirmation code and the name the whole app crashes. In both UA and Co app.

Is it just me or does anyone else have this problem?

S.
Might be just you. Never happens/happened for me. But then I am always logged in to it.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Anyone having issues displaying the upgrade/standby lists for flights this weekend? I can see the seat map via android and flight info, but not the lists.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by darksidesith
Anyone having issues displaying the upgrade/standby lists for flights this weekend? I can see the seat map via android and flight info, but not the lists.
Same here, but it is not limited to the Android app. Same thing on the mobile site.

Also, anyone noticed that it seems impossible to get a mobile boarding pass in the app if there is more than one person on the reservation. It will let me send the BP to email, but absolutely will not let me load/save it in the app.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Blue, One Pass, AAdvantage
Need the United APK file

Anyone zip me the APK file for the new United Airlines Android app?

I would like to try to convert this file for use on the BlackBerry Playbook.

Many thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2012, 12:54 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
It didn't work at all today. Everytime I tried to log in, it wouldn't leave the sign-in screen.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 1:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by linsj
It didn't work at all today. Everytime I tried to log in, it wouldn't leave the sign-in screen.
I am able to sign on now.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Just upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus and the United app is not working. It shows up as as a tiny picture in the lower left of the screen. Is anyone else using aNexus with Verizon it having this problem? I really liked the Continental app, and this is driving me nuts.

Edit: This problem was fixed by turning off "Force GPU rendering" (Settings/Developer Options/Force GPU rendering). Some websites are saying to turn this on to increase battery life and graphics performance, but it cause problems with some apps including United app on the Galaxy Nexus.

Last edited by mrEzE; Mar 28, 2012 at 9:02 am
Old Mar 16, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Can't get a old UA notification out of my Android

I have the UA app and receive texts sometimes but not consistently. On 3/13 I got a UA notification of the arrival of my flight to LAX. The UA bingo cage is in the upper left hand corner of the home screen. The notifications on my phone (Incedible2) can be dragged down, then I can touch each notification to see the details, and then that notification will go away. It works with missed calls, USA Today, weatherbug, etc. but the UA notification will not go away. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 1:15 am

Programs: AMEX Gold MR into Avios, MileagePlus; AAdvantage; Skypesos
Originally Posted by linsj
I'm having trouble here right now. It has been going on for more than 24 hours now
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: AA EXP MM/UA MM/Marriott PLT Premier-LT PLT

Is anybody else having a problem with the united mobile app. It seems to have gotten incredibly slow with most of the transactions resulting in data services not available

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 26, 2012 at 11:32 am Reason: vague thread title
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:00 am

It was very slow for me last night.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Very poor today. I'm going through a major flight delay right now and the mobile app is basically useless. Routinely gives me the data services not available message.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:13 pm

Yep. Was getting data service errors all yesterday, and today it's missing my posted flight legs (and Topguest checkins) from my mileage balance. Last flight was 4/17 and it still shows up on the website, but the mobile app's balance (both RDM and PQM) shows what it was before that flight posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.