Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channels—the launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. There’s a lot we’ve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Here’s an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements won’t stop there—our new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, MR Plat Prem, HH Diamond
Used the app to OLCI - selected the "e-mail me the BP" option (which you could always do from CO.com and the CO app, at least in the few months I used it).

The e-mail duly arrived - from @continental.com. So it really IS the CO app with some minor cosmetic changes.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by juddmike
Used the app to OLCI - selected the "e-mail me the BP" option (which you could always do from CO.com and the CO app, at least in the few months I used it).

The e-mail duly arrived - from @continental.com. So it really IS the CO app with some minor cosmetic changes.
I prefer getting the boarding pass on the phone itself, so no need to print. And it automatically updates if there are any changes. And it can't be marked SSSS
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, MR Plat Prem, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I prefer getting the boarding pass on the phone itself, so no need to print. And it automatically updates if there are any changes. And it can't be marked SSSS
That would indeed be my preference - if it was ever offered to me as an option. I don't really understand why my IAH - DEN - BOI return flights don't offer me that - only see e-mail or fax . Unless the system sees that my first leg is ex BOI and decides I can't use it at all ...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, TK Elite, GE
Everytime I try to access a reservation the app crashes on my SGS2. But when I switch the system language from German to English it works...
Old Sep 2, 2011, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by juddmike
That would indeed be my preference - if it was ever offered to me as an option. I don't really understand why my IAH - DEN - BOI return flights don't offer me that - only see e-mail or fax . Unless the system sees that my first leg is ex BOI and decides I can't use it at all ...
Maybe they're programmed to know which airports can use it and which can't
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I love this. I was able to see the upgrade list and follow everything thru to the gate agent handing me an F bp. Very nice UACO.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:39 pm

why can't I book 3 cabin F? The cabin selections are only Economy / First / BusinessFirst
Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
united mobile app for android

Does anyone else have an issue where you are unable to press on a flight in your reservation to get options like seat map and others?

I have both cont and mobile apps installed, and on cont I can always select a flight, get a map/upgrade/setup notification. Not so on united, although it looks identical to CO.

The site says i could get all these:
Flight status – Check your upgrade status and view in-flight amenities, departure gates and more
Flight status notification – Receive automatic updates on your mobile device for selected flights
Seat maps – Select seats, choose Economy Plus® and extra legroom seating
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:20 pm

It looks like the UA app is owned by CO - if you go to "More" and "contact us" in CO app - it has both email and phone number for complaints about App.
However if you do the same via UA app - you only see the "contact us about app" under CO tab and only phone number...

I am wondering if the issues i have with flight notifications and seat maps is because I have both apps installed.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Still a few bugs in the system. Earlier today, I kept getting an error that our flight today "does not operate on the date requested". It was the second half of a direct flight, so I'm betting that's the problem.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott PP (LT Plat), *Wood Plat
Same as iPad App?

This looks like the same app that I've been using on my iPad for the past few months to check upgrade status at LAX and ORD. I have them both up right now and the only difference is that the Droid App is showing the correct mileage balance while my trusty iPad is off by about 10k!

(First FT post, be gentle.)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
[QUOTE=anc-ord772;17057786]I was able to see the upgrade list and follow everything thru to the gate agent handing me an F bp.[QUOTE]

How do you do that ??
Old Sep 19, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by dsauch
Does anyone else have an issue where you are unable to press on a flight in your reservation to get options like seat map and others?

I have both cont and mobile apps installed, and on cont I can always select a flight, get a map/upgrade/setup notification. Not so on united, although it looks identical to CO.

The site says i could get all these:
Flight status – Check your upgrade status and view in-flight amenities, departure gates and more
Flight status notification – Receive automatic updates on your mobile device for selected flights
Seat maps – Select seats, choose Economy Plus® and extra legroom seating
I have the same problem - unable to press these buttons
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by 1k650
I have the same problem - unable to press these buttons
looks like the button wont appear until 24h when you can check in... which is strange - i want to see seat maps, get alerts before that...
Old Sep 20, 2011, 7:18 am

Careful when changing flight during check-in!

I was checking in via the app yesterday and it offered different flight options at $0 as it usually does. Well I chose 21:45 departure instead of 3pm, except it was for _yesterday_!! not today (tomorrow at a time)....

Of course its my fault and UA/CO fixed it without charging me a fee, just a $50 difference in fare.

The moral is - make sure you look at date! I didnt even realize it would offer me to leave day earlier....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.