Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: J.Edward
Originally Posted by UA Insider

Hi everyone,

Today we take another step in the overall redesign of our digital channels—the launch of the redesigned United mobile app for Android devices.

In redesigning the Android version of the app, our eCommerce team used data from our current app to understand which features and functions were most important to customers. There’s a lot we’ve packed into this release, including some completely new functionality.

Here’s an overview:

Updated functionality
As with the iOS app released a few months ago, the Android version updates popular tasks like booking and checking in for a flight, monitoring flight status and checking your MileagePlus account summary. Some of the notable updates include:
  • An easier way to see all the boarding passes for reservations with more than one traveler.
  • The option to book award travel with multiple segments.
  • Redesigned seats map graphics that are easier to view.

New functionality
The app also has several new functions that were introduced with the iOS version, such as travel cards and a travel wallet, as well as extras like Sudoku, a checked bag fees calculator, a currency converter and airport maps.

Really new functionality
Unique to this release and (for the moment) the Android app are a few changes designed to improve overall usability:
  • Text navigation along the top screen
  • Ability to scroll both vertically and horizontally
  • The screen will re-orient when rotated so you can use the features in either direction
  • For multiple travelers or viewing multiple flight statuses, the data will now stack to show more information at-a-glance
  • When you are signed in to the app, any active reservations in your account will have travel cards
  • Widget is available on the home screen for quick access into the app

We will introduce many of these elements to the iOS version later this year as we continue to update and improve our app across iOS, Android and Windows devices. And our digital improvements won’t stop there—our new website is in the works. In the next few months, we will begin to launch the new united.com. It will be a phased approach that will span all of 2014, and you can expect that the Preview program will be a key part of each release.

In the meantime, the updated Android app (which is compatible with KitKat and previous operating platforms) is now available from the Google Play store.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

United App-Questions, Answers, Bugs and etc for NON-iPhone and Android [CONSOLIDATED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: United 2P
Originally Posted by vkng
It's about time. Welcome to the future, UA, it's been waiting for you.
seriously
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Any word on a Blackberry app? Delta's had one for about a hundred years now.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Does this app support the incoming aircraft feature for United flights? When I clicked that command on the iOS app, it could only show information for Continental flights.

Also I would have loved to have seen an app based on United's old color palette, but sadly that is not to be.

Last edited by 14940674; Aug 25, 2011 at 5:33 pm
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Would be nice if it would book award travel.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I can see it's every bit as good as united.com. I wanted to check out the RCC at EZE, so I picked EZE and selected "Map Club". The result? Maps of IST.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Looks the same as the Continental app that's been available, at least since June. Has UA not had one?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Looks the same as the Continental app that's been available, at least since June. Has UA not had one?
No they never had a app.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Thanks, UA--now how about an app for Palm/WebOS?
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by CJ99
Please, please tell me you're kidding
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:44 pm
G23

Originally Posted by CJ99
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Please, please tell me you're kidding
This made me laugh out loud. I tried explaining to my wife what I was laughing at, she just said hmm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:35 am

Programs: UA1k; 2MM; *G; *woodG
Mahalo nui loa!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
This is so cool! Thank you UA. Welcome to the modern age.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Loving this app, it shows status of incoming flights, and also brings up upgrade list and standby for checked in flights, im currently 3rd for my flight to PIT tonight!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, DL FO, DL MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt platinum
A nice step forward for UA customers using Android phones!!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to have the actual apk install file for the United Airlines app? I have a generic tablet and, much of the time, Android Market will not list apps that, in reality, work perfectly well on my device.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.