Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2, 3 & 4 Million Miler Gift {program changing May 2020 - bonus miles instead}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
May 2020
We’re making some changes to the Million Miler program. Starting May 4, 2020, we’re excited to announce that we’ll be giving bonus miles for each Million Miler level achieved above 1 million miles. As a result, we will be retiring our gift site and ask that if you wish to select a gift you do so by May 31, 2020. If no gift is selected, we will deposit bonus miles into your account to show our appreciation for your continued loyalty.
May 5, 2020
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
I just got off the phone with MP. Here is the new program:

1. Gift site will be closed on June 1, 2020
2. Selections need to be made by May 31, 2020
3. Those who achieved MM status before April 2, 2020 can select gift.
4. Those achieving status as of April 3, 2020 must take miles.
5. The new Gift Tiers are:
- 1M LT miles gets (I forgot to ask)
- 2M LT miles gets 35,000 MP miles
- 3M LT miles gets 35,000 MP miles
- 4M LT miles gets 40,000 MP miles
- 5M LT miles gets 50,000 MP miles
​​​​​​​
Recent MM offerings

1MM
Lifetime Premier Gold status plus
Plexiglas Plaque

2,3,4 MM gift link
Active a week or two after status is reflected on UA site.
You have 180 days to make the request (appear if expired you can make a new 30-day request)

2MM
Lifetime Premier Platinum status plus a choice of
(May 2017)
  • Amazon Fire 7" 8GB and Wenger Mainline 16" ...
  • Garmin watch
  • Kate Spade Bag
  • Sonos Music Player
  • Thule Carry-on 22"
  • Tumi Laptop Brief

3MM
Lifetime Premier 1K status plus a choice of
(Oct 2014)
  • Tumi T-tech Carry-on and Travel Kit
  • Apple iPod Mini w/Folio case and headphones
  • Beats by Dr. Dre wireless headphones
  • Kate Spade nylon stripe small leslie bag and Cobble Hill Bee wristlet
  • Neat Desk digital scanner and filing system for Mac or PC
  • Lobster-gram gift certificate dinner for four, plus $50 wine.com gift card.
(March 2016)
  • Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display 16GB Wi-Fi Space Gray with a Garmin Vivofit 2
  • Celluon Ultra Portable Wireless Projector
  • Ferragamo Men's Adjustable and Reversible Belt - Black/Auburn
  • Kate Spade Cobble Hill Small Ella 10-1/3"W x 10-1/2"H x 3-7/10"D- Black
  • Michael Aram Black Orchid Package. This package includes an easel photo frame, nut bowl, cocktail napkin holder and coaster set of six.
  • Tumi Large Soft Travel Satchel. Includes a zippered accessory pouch, key fob, and TSA approved combination lock for added security. Dimensions: 22" W x 17-1/2" H x 10" D

4MM
Lifetime Premier GS status plus a choice of (April 2019)
  • iPad 9.7" 32G with Apple Pencil
  • Burberry Tie and London Check Bifold Wallet
  • DeWalt Combo Kit
  • Marc Jacobs camera bag, Apple iPods, and AirSnap pocket case
  • Nest security camera and smart thermostat
  • Sonos Play:5 wireless speaker system
  • Tory Burch compartment tote and wallet
  • Tumi Alpha 3 leather organizer/portfolio
  • Thule Subterra 30" Luggage with Subterra 34L Backpack - Mineral
Thanks to wxguy for the 4MM list

Related MM threads
UA Million Miler/Multi-Million Miler Roll Call Thread

Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

MileagePlus Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits [2014 forward]

Million Miler companion benefit

Million Miler Sues United [Judgment for UA Jan 2014]
Print Wikipost

2, 3 & 4 Million Miler Gift {program changing May 2020 - bonus miles instead}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
I crossed 2MM last month and choose the gift today. First, I received a new card, drink chits, a laminated card in a kind of desk paperweight....but the 4 main gifts offered were a Tumi shoulder bag (laptop stye bag), a Kate Spade woman's bag, a sports watch that tracked your workouts - good looking but I forget the brand, and a Kindle tablet.
Just crossed 2MM in late June and chose the Kate Spade bag for a gift to SO. Hope she likes it....... I don't need anything else on the gift list.
However, I haven't received anything else.

I did get a bit of attention on the flight. The captain announced my name, the milestone and seat number.... a bit embarrassing-congratulations and condolences from the passengers next to me.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Just crossed 2 million last week - I got a nice email today congratulating me for crossing 2 million miles and offering a gift of choice. When I followed the link to select the gift, it asked me to log in and I got this message:

WE'RE SORRY
Not eligible
We're sorry. According to our records, you are ineligible to receive a gift at this time. Please go to united.com/elite to review the Million Miler program.
Gee, thanks a million!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
They have extended the qualification requirements for the 2MM program to 2.2M miles. In the near future they will reward on lifetime PQDs instead.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by dmodemd
They have extended the qualification requirements for the 2MM program to 2.2M miles. In the near future they will reward on lifetime PQDs instead.
You can't be serious about this, are you? A smiley would help :-)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by lax2010
You can't be serious about this, are you? A smiley would help :-)
I took it more as an invocation attempting to banish such a notion exactly because it seems the next logical step. Our only hope is that Delta will decide not to do it.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Thanks LAXOGG - it worked. I guess if you don't use flyertalk, you would not get the gift. Just like UA to not tell you how to follow through. I assume I missed out at 1MM....
crap i missed out on a gift at 1MM. UGH!
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...I assume I missed out at 1MM....
Originally Posted by why fly
crap i missed out on a gift at 1MM. UGH!
There is no 1MM gift selection -- starts at 2MM.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
There is no 1MM gift selection -- starts at 2MM.
WHEW! im at 1.8mm so I hope they improve gifts.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I crossed 2MM last month and choose the gift today. First, I received a new card, drink chits, a laminated card in a kind of desk paperweight....but the 4 main gifts offered were a Tumi shoulder bag (laptop stye bag), a Kate Spade woman's bag, a sports watch that tracked your workouts - good looking but I forget the brand, and a Kindle tablet.
This has really motivated me to hurry up with my next 0.85 million miles.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
What are 3MM'ers offered?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 8:37 pm
PPM

I just crossed 2MM and am truly shocked with the lack of acknowledgement for this degree of loyalty. My husband and I were seated in business class on a flight from ORD-MUC. We were approached by a woman bearing a bottle of wine. She introduced herself as a purser for the First Class Lounge, saying that they were waiting for us in the lounge to celebrate this flight. I asked simply how we were to know we were expected there, because we were booked in business class--not first class. She said "Well, that is a good point, but anyway, we've brought you this nice wine from the First Class Lounge. We were connecting from Munich, and there was no way we could take it with us--and--a bottle of cheap wine? Really? For 2MM miles? Then, we were visited by the captain who had written a note for us, as well as our very own flight attendant. My point is that the staff did the very most they could to make this a special occasion. But, the real point is that on my very next flight--a day after returning from this one--my RPU did not clear on an ORD-LAX flight because of the TOD buy-ups from anyone and everyone who was not an elite flyer. The 2MM gifts were ridiculous--sort of like what you get after you work in the same job for 10 years and get to select from 5 worthless gifts.

United needs to either do something with this program (ideas: unrestricted changes in flight itineraries without service fee, priorities for first class upgrades, an additional nominee for premier status) or else let it go. My main incentive for the last 100,000 miles was to reach 2 MM so that I had priority Group 1 boarding and Economy + for life. Now, my plan is to not fly united on any flight that does not have direct connections, a mainline rather than a regional jet, and a real business class with direct aisle access and decent food, wine and coffee. I've flown United international very little in the last year because the 777s are abysmal.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Originally Posted by PPM
I just crossed 2MM and am truly shocked with the lack of acknowledgement for this degree of loyalty.
I'm curious to know how they knew you were crossing the 2MM threshold. When I made 1MM, 2MM, and just recently 3MM, there was no acknowledgement by anyone nor did I expect any. I've read posts where the person tells the FA and it results in the captain announcing it to the cabin.

There's no way I'd like that to happen.

I also wonder what other airlines do in this situation.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by honmani2
What are 3MM'ers offered?
I selected a hard-case Tumi "all wheel drive" carry-on roll-aboard. It came with a matching toiletry kit. Both had 3MM badges applied. Pretty nice gifts.

And yes, it fits in the sizer
Old Oct 31, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by PPM
I just crossed 2MM and am truly shocked with the lack of acknowledgement for this degree of loyalty.
Sounds like they went out their way to acknowledge you but it didn't meet your expectations. As you can see from many other experiences from this thread, a lot of people don't even get an ounce of recognition
Old Nov 1, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PPM
She introduced herself as a purser for the First Class Lounge, saying that they were waiting for us in the lounge to celebrate this flight. I asked simply how we were to know we were expected there, because we were booked in business class--not first class.
Most likely you were supposed to be given access to the GFL, as per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...s-gfl-1ks.html

Originally Posted by PPM
But, the real point is that on my very next flight--a day after returning from this one--my RPU did not clear on an ORD-LAX flight because of the TOD buy-ups from anyone and everyone who was not an elite flyer.
MM status has never been advertised as playing a part in upgrade ordering. How do you know that you lost out to TOD buy-ups, and not others with status or paid FC tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.