FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   2, 3 & 4 Million Miler Gift {program changing May 2020 - bonus miles instead} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1330108-2-3-4-million-miler-gift-program-changing-may-2020-bonus-miles-instead.html)

LAXNRT Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

2, 3 & 4 Million Miler Gift {program changing May 2020 - bonus miles instead}

http://www.unitedthanksamillion.com just became active for me. Anybody picked a gift yet. Tempted by the ipod touch.

johnru36 Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm

was this for recently crossing the 2MM barrier?

What were other gift options besides the iPod Touch?

bloodyeyeballs Mar 28, 2012 10:38 pm

I tried the link and got "not eligible." Do you have more than 1 million? Which airline (PMCO or PMUA) did you get the miles from?

jimmyz Mar 28, 2012 10:40 pm

For 1MM, 2MM, 3MM .....?

I just tried, but got:
"Not eligible

We're sorry. According to our records, you are ineligible to receive a gift at this time.

Please go to united.com/elite to review the Million Miler program"

I crossed 1MM last year

LAXNRT Mar 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Crossed 2MM with the adjustment. Other choices are a Riedel decanter set, a Burberry ladies bag, a Tumi adapter and travel organizer set, a Callaway driver and a Swarovski necklace. The Ipod has a million miler logo on it and the decanter can be monogrammed. Nice touch from United. My daugher has an ipod already and the rest of the family iphones. Not sure what to pick. The Ipod is the 8GB model.

zabes64 Mar 28, 2012 10:45 pm

1.65MM with 1.25 being BIS on UA, not eligible and I should go and review the Million Miler program.. figure anyone less than 2MM isn't getting it because of all the new NON-BIS MM's UA has given status to vs the people that paid more $$ and were truly loyal to UA in the past

Baze Mar 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Deleted due to thread title changed to 2MM and my post would make no sense.

LAXNRT Mar 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Looks like it is for 2MM and up

Markie Mar 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Crossed 3MM with the reclac and link works for me - thanks for posting.

Choices:

Tumi® Park International Business Carry-On and Electric Adaptor
Apple® iPod® Touch™ — 64GB
Riedel Cornetto Single Wine Decanter with a Set of Eight Bordeaux Stem Glasses
Burberry Long Skinny Cashmere Scarf
Logitech Harmony® 1100 Advanced Universal Remote
Swarovski Maskerade Pendant and Earrings with Classic Tennis Bracelet

WineCountryUA Mar 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by LAXNRT (Post 18293690)
Looks like it is for 2MM and up

that was the PMUA threshold

LilAbner Mar 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I took the engraved IPod a few years ago when I crossed 2MM.

For those that haven't received anything, it was given very shortly after you crossed each milestone, and there are different gifts offered for each level.

The coolest gift that I ever received, was about 6 years ago, after the second year in a row that I flew 300K miles each year and took my son-in-law to the DEN flight center and we flew a A320 in the simulator. Also took home all kinds of goodies.

Fly 300K in one year now and you get a Ménage à trois with Hal & Alex!

Baze Mar 28, 2012 10:59 pm

Deleted due to thread title changed to 2MM and my post would make no sense anymore.

johnru36 Mar 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by zabes64 (Post 18293665)
1.65MM with 1.25 being BIS on UA, not eligible and I should go and review the Million Miler program.. figure anyone less than 2MM isn't getting it because of all the new NON-BIS MM's UA has given status to vs the people that paid more $$ and were truly loyal to UA in the past

Ditto here. Link inactive - 1.6M BIS UA and this year will cross 2MM given adjustment - but feel like what truly earns a gift should be all the BIS. Doing 1M of that is a world of difference from status grabbed with all those "faux" miles.

Yes I know this is sounding like one of those 'Back in my day..." stories :)

LilAbner Mar 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by johnru36 (Post 18293742)
Yes I know this is sounding like one of those 'Back in my day..." stories :)

Well "Back in My Day" we flew around the world when it was flat, and some of us never came back!!!:eek:

vindicate Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by LilAbner (Post 18293701)
I took the engraved IPod a few years ago when I crossed 2MM.

For those that haven't received anything, it was given very shortly after you crossed each milestone, and there are different gifts offered for each level.

The coolest gift that I ever received, was about 6 years ago, after the second year in a row that I flew 300K miles each year and took my son-in-law to the DEN flight center and we flew a A320 in the simulator. Also took home all kinds of goodies.

Fly 300K in one year now and you get a Ménage à trois with Hal & Alex!

300K in EQM or UA Metal flights?